Why do you think Rupert Murdoch keeps marrying new wives?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Repeated marriages and divorces. He's neck and neck with Ric Flair.
I doubt it makes a dent in him financially. Wealthy people go to great measures to shield assets. You can bet there is a team of estate lawyers, tax lawyers, accountants, and financial advisors. They also have investments that generate enough interest income to live off of. According to various stats he is worth $20billion. Each wife has received a $1.5B-$2B divorce settlement. Thats less than 10%. Thats not a big financial risk for a guy on that level. He will never be able to spend anywhere close to $20B. When you learn that wealth accumulates exponentially you will understand. Eventually the accumulating out paces the spending at a far greater rate. Thats the key. Don't look at this thru average middle class eyes.

The mental side of divorce, perhaps. But he has done this 5 times. He obviously knows the drill and continues to do it. Perhaps he sees multiple marriages as the spice of life?

I guess I don't see your point. I don't see how he is getting burned. The money isn't an issue, and neither is the risk of losing another wife.

The man has built very successful corporations. He has seen risk 10 times heavier than marrying 5 women and giving them a payout when they leave.

Please expand upon your point.

Redwood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt it makes a dent in him financially. Wealthy people go to great measures to shield assets. You can bet there is a team of estate lawyers, tax lawyers, accountants, and financial advisors. They also have investments that generate enough interest income to live off of. According to various stats he is worth $20billion. Each wife has received a $1.5B-$2B divorce settlement. Thats less than 10%. Thats not a big financial risk for a guy on that level. He will never be able to spend anywhere close to $20B. When you learn that wealth accumulates exponentially you will understand. Eventually the accumulating out paces the spending at a far greater rate. Thats the key. Don't look at this thru average middle class eyes.

The mental side of divorce, perhaps. But he has done this 5 times. He obviously knows the drill and continues to do it. Perhaps he sees multiple marriages as the spice of life?

I guess I don't see your point. I don't see how he is getting burned. The money isn't an issue, and neither is the risk of losing another wife.

The man has built very successful corporations. He has seen risk 10 times heavier than marrying 5 women and giving them a payout when they leave.

Please expand upon your point.
I see it as taking a toll mentally and somewhat financially. Maybe it's the generational gap here, but I don't see the upside to remarrying constantly. Surely with as long as he's been living he knows an alternative, eh?

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares? I concur strongly with @The Duke in this. His lawyers will have him covered financially nine ways to Sunday and the new wife will have signed a bulletproof prenump although he needs it less than average Joe.

Why?

No woman has enough money to fight over anything marital with him legally. And they would go broke trying if they were dumb enough to try, which they are not.

A multibillionaire still won't live forever. Some of y'all cannot BEGIN to conceptualize the tremendous amount of money he has, and the tremendous lack of time at 93. It's a cruel joke in a way and that surely is not lost on him.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perpetually honey Mooning new women isn't a bad fate, they must be great to be around until their not and then see ya lol

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you learn that wealth accumulates exponentially you will understand. Eventually the accumulating out paces the spending at a far greater rate. Thats the key.
Even Einstein considered compound interest to be a "the most powerful force in the Universe" - and if there is anyone that fully understood that, it would be him! :eek:

It's NEVER OVER for CriticalMassCels.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perpetually honey Mooning new women isn't a bad fate, they must be great to be around until their not and then see ya lol
I've spent most of my life doing that. It's actually quite refreshing. I keep getting older, and they don't. Lol