Why do YOU build rapport ?
Mind you, this is not a technical question about rapport vs attraction, what comes first, what comes after, etc…
I know it must sound like a weird question, but let me explain.
I understand why us guys have to approach. It’s our role as a male to approach the female. This makes sense. I don’t only understand this (cause you can read, understand and still not get it), it has sunk in and has become a part of my identity.
Why do bears hibernate ? Because they are sleepy ? No, because they are bears. Why do guys approach women ? Because they are guys and they do what guys are supposed to do. So no more nervousness or fear of approaching. Cause suddenly it made sense to me.
Likewise, I can understand why direct openers are better than indirect openers. (For me at least, cause I don’t give a damn about some strangers opinion about dying my hair or something like that.) Although I admit I barely tried, a direct opener makes more sense.
What doesn’t make sense for me is the rationale for building rapport. I’m not saying I only want party chicks that don’t need rapport, I just want rapport to make sense to me. Not caring about what other people think is a mindset I’ve carried with me most of my life, but it only made me a shy, introverted, socially awkward person, not somebody who flies above the race.
So it seems some of my mental blockers have disappeared, but the drive to TALK to other people isn’t all that.
Your thoughts please
Thank you
Swift
Mind you, this is not a technical question about rapport vs attraction, what comes first, what comes after, etc…
I know it must sound like a weird question, but let me explain.
I understand why us guys have to approach. It’s our role as a male to approach the female. This makes sense. I don’t only understand this (cause you can read, understand and still not get it), it has sunk in and has become a part of my identity.
Why do bears hibernate ? Because they are sleepy ? No, because they are bears. Why do guys approach women ? Because they are guys and they do what guys are supposed to do. So no more nervousness or fear of approaching. Cause suddenly it made sense to me.
Likewise, I can understand why direct openers are better than indirect openers. (For me at least, cause I don’t give a damn about some strangers opinion about dying my hair or something like that.) Although I admit I barely tried, a direct opener makes more sense.
What doesn’t make sense for me is the rationale for building rapport. I’m not saying I only want party chicks that don’t need rapport, I just want rapport to make sense to me. Not caring about what other people think is a mindset I’ve carried with me most of my life, but it only made me a shy, introverted, socially awkward person, not somebody who flies above the race.
So it seems some of my mental blockers have disappeared, but the drive to TALK to other people isn’t all that.
Your thoughts please
Thank you
Swift