Why do women try and play things off as a joke when they're actually serious?

OJN_98

Don Juan
Reaction score
Then they'll get an annoyed when you call them out saying "you can't take a joke/you're mean/blah blah blah"

I picked up on this and other stuff since I started college, and it's not just the women either.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
because they are playing a joke.... loosen up...

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it works, it's not a joke.

If it doesn't work, you just can't take a joke.

If you're not sure, be as emotionally neutral as possible and ask innocently what they mean as if you truly don't understand.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Passive aggressive tactic

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then they'll get an annoyed when you call them out saying "you can't take a joke/you're mean/blah blah blah"

I picked up on this and other stuff since I started college, and it's not just the women either.
It's game. It's a power grab. Making a humiliating or disrespect comment and your not supposed to say anything. If it's a joke crack one of a similar level on her.

Last edited:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as someone who likes telling jokes all the time one benefit is that anything I say that doesn't work out in my favor can be played off as a joke much more easily (perfect for when you say something dumb or easily misunderstood or too sexual or too mean or whatever )

only you know the person so only you can tell us if they're likely to be joking and you take things too seriously or if they're subtly roasting you

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Why do women try and play things off as a joke when they're actually serious?

For the same reason men try and play things off as a joke when they're actually serious.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had this experience not too long ago. I asked her a question and she said "It's a big secret for me. Let goof your male pride and beg me to answer it."

I said "Excuse me?"

She said "Yeah."

I said "If it's that bad then you don't have to tell me."

She quickly tried to spin it as a joke.

I just eyeballed her, didn't say anything and left.

The next day she brought it up again asking why I couldn't take a joke.

I told her that was not a joke. I have never asked her or will ask her to beg me for an answer and her telling me to do such a thing tells me what kind of woman she is.

Here is the ironic part, she started begging and apologizing. Saying she was really sorry and she shouldn't have said that. Blah...blah....blah. She's been really well behaved since then.

The whole thing is a power grab. A frame test. A sh!t test. She wants to see how much she can get you twisted and confused.

When you experience this, you can either strike back at her with a harder hitting comeback or you just glare at her, give her no response and go about your business.

OJN_98

Don Juan
Reaction score
give an example
I let her smoke with me once, since she didn't have money to buy anything and I felt like being nice. Once we were done she said "we're going to do this a lot more often" and I said "what?" and she tried to say "just kidding!"

OJN_98

Don Juan
Reaction score
That’s what got you so worked up?

That wasn’t even disrespect, she was just being playful

This is exactly why women shlt test. They need to know you’re not some psychopath that’s gonna go off the rails on her. If you do it’s because you don’t have experience with women and have poor social skills

The interaction for me woulda been very casual.

“We have to do this more often”

“Sure, just buy me a beer next time”

This doesn’t deserve a second thought

If you felt playful also you could’ve opted to go a little back n forth with her or fvck with her

In general, a females individual quirks and ditziness are always the perfect ammo to tease her and build a connection

You WANT a girl that falls back on her natural instincts to use plausible deniability and covert communication. A girl that is up front and direct to you all the time is practically a dude

Honestly, I noticed that I keep leaving important tidbits out but at this point it doesn't matter. Appreciate the feedback man, it was useful.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I let her smoke with me once, since she didn't have money to buy anything and I felt like being nice. Once we were done she said "we're going to do this a lot more often" and I said "what?" and she tried to say "just kidding!"
She was being shy, it's cute lol.