Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do women like suits?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrNiceGuy23 said:
Men's Warehouse has a lot of brands, from $250 suits to over $1000 suits.

I've never felt like the shoulders were "blocky" or "fused." The shoulder of a suit isn't supposed to fit like a t-shirt, there are shoulder pads in suits for a reason, it gives the suit form. Granted you don't want to look like a football player, but the shoulder pads in a suit make small men look bigger.
men's warehouse doesn't carry a suit over 500 dollars.

dont' take this the wrong way but if you don't think men's warehouse suits are fuzed.. i mean, they are fuzed that's not an opinoin that's a fact, then you've never really put on a real suit before.

take the time to read these posts. I'm a member over here as well.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/11642/jos-bank-vs-mens-warehouse
http://www.styleforum.net/t/26260/mens-warehouse

quality is awful
Construction, and styling for the price...Is just not good.
Basically once you experience a better made suit, you don't want to go back to that department store quality rubbish.
I wasn't knocking you.. if you think MW is good quality than you haven't put on a real suit. It's like thinking that a honda civic is a super fast sweet car beucase you've never driven a boxster.

Go to MW and put on the suit you're interested in. Then go directly to Nordstrom or some other store that sells better brands and put on their best quality suit. Your budget will never be the same again.

I'm not ****ting against cheap suits; I own about 25 suits in all and not all of them are Purple label suits or anything I own a few sub 1000 dollar suits. I'm ****ting on Men's warehouse the suits are low quality and overpriced.

Macy's, NOrdstroms are much better options.

really if you don't know **** about suits your best bet is to take 100 bucks, and just kill the Salvation Army/ GoodWill/consignment stores and buy 5-10 of them to learn what looks good and what doesn't because the avg american male doesn't have a clue anymore how a suit is supposed to fit. If youd o it right you'll end up finding a suit that will make you say "okay this is how a suit is supposed to look on me"

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
$2000 on clothes that anyone can wear, and $500 on a gun that has your life riding on it? Typical. Probably slow/inaccurate with the gun, and clueless tactically, too.

Me, I'm a $2 pair of slacks and a 50c T shirt guy, but the gun is normally a customized piece that (had I not smithed it myself) would have cost me $1500+. More importantly, of course, is the very specialized ammo, also made by me, and the ability to toss up a pair of soda cans with the hand that clears the T shirt, draw and hit them both in midair.

If I need a suit to attract her, I don't want her. If she aint impressed by what I know/can do, I don't want her. Anyone can put on a suit. Only the merest handful of men are both black belt and proven World Champ level of shottist. 30 years ago, there was only ONE. :)

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody is going to try to mug you if you dress like a f*cking slob like twentee.

Last edited:

Brosy

Don Juan
Reaction score
my1ken said:
I never saw a shred of evidence in history that women like suits.
For real? I think they have and always will be synonymous with power and class.

To switch it around, that average chick at the office has a client meeting one day and rolls up in a skirt-suit and heels... she suddenly turns your head right? Or at least a second take.

Also agree with the sub-theme the thread has taken on, you can dress well without spending a fortune.

DonJuanabe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a woman sees a man wearing a suit -- and I don't mean jeans/khakis and a sport coat -- she thinks primarily one thing: respect. She will also think money, stature, etc. but primarily it is respect. Women dress to feel a sense of self-respect and to compete with other women. When they see a man dressed in a suit they take him seriously because it implies that he understands the importance of dressing well (remember, women are solipsistic and to them dressing well is important; therefor it must be important for everyone). For many it provides a subconscious feeling of respect that they held (when they were children) for their fathers when they saw them dressed in suits.

As far as how a suit looks, above all else it must fit you well. End of story. Fit is the most important quality. In fact, I recently was stopped in an office by a woman I've never met, who was probably in her 50s or 60s, who commented that I looked very sharp (while dressed in a suit). I said oh you like the pinstripes with the subtle stripes on the shirt. She said that looks good but no, that suit just fit me perfectly and she wished her son could find one that would fit him that well. The suit was a Signature tailored-fit suit from Jos A. Banks. In terms of quality, it is a 110 wool fused suit. Certainly not high end, but functional and decent in terms of wool. Being tailored fit rather than traditional it fits and drapes perfectly on me, the shoulders, the torso, the waist. For perspective, when it comes to standard sized clothing like shirts and sweaters, I can't wear a small because the shoulders are WAY too tight but I can't wear a medium because the shoulders are fine but the rest of the shirt/sweater fits like a tent.

I have higher end suits. I have a few Signature Gold suits from Banks that are half-canvassed and have 120 wool. They are very nice and fit me well, but not like the tailored fit Signature suit. The couple of Joseph suits I own from Banks also have a tailored fit and fit perfectly. I also have custom-made suits that are fully canvassed and 150 wool. They are obviously quite nice but they were not $177 like the Signature tailored fit suit was (on sale).

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah the signature gold is about the only thing worth a **** out of JAB but they price it like it's a upscale suit when in reality it's the only thing they have that's half decent. It's not like it's a purple label suit or anything and they price it like it's a brooks brothers suit and it's not.

You don't have to break the bank to look good. I thift store shop like a mofo lol. My thing is that, I can't stand people that say "oh a suit is a siut you can't tell the difference" bull **** yes you can. easily. Not only can you tell the difference you can tell the difference between someone who knows how to wear a suit and who doesn't. But with that said, more expensive does not equate better quality. Bespoke is ovbiusly what you want but if you are buying OTR you can get quality, really really good quality for really good prices, once you learn what you are looking at.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it irks me that men today just don't even know what the **** they are looking at when it comes to dressing not like a bum. Then people like Banana Republic, dKNY, Hugo Boss (though his higher end stuff is pretty good) just slap a label on a suit and a guy thinks it's the **** beucase he's paying 799 for it.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Get yourselves a nice Hugo Boss, Hart Shaffer Marx, or even a Calvin Klein suit. You should have about three suits. Black, Navy, Dark grey or a nice brown one.

You really have to look for specials and hit them up ASAP.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Nowadays I prefer a blazer and fitted slacks to a suit. With 2 blazers, 4 pairs of slacks (Navy and Hounds tooth are the most popular), brown and black shoes/belt/watch combos, and by alternating ties with bowties and belts with suspenders, and throwing in a cap, you can have practically infinite combinations of outfits. My whole wardrobe cost about $8000, but it was assembled over 4 years, so it's only about $40 a week to build and maintain a top-notch wardrobe.

Also, you get more value from the wool slacks compared to jeans or khakis. Wool pants last for about 5 years or longer and you only have to dry clean them once every 3-4 wears if you hang them properly. It makes business travel easier.

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A suit with a good fit can mask a lot of body imperfections, or accentuate a good physique. I'm fit but I'm real skinny. I recently bought a suit from Express that fits perfect. I get looks every time I wear it. On skinny guys, the padding in the shoulders gets you closer to the Adonis ratio. All my other suits are way too big and I get nothing from wearing those.