Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do so many hot college girls join sororities?

Reaction score
I used to live near a major university in California and found that a lot of the hottest girls in the younger category had shirts with greek letter on. Talked to a few and they all talked about being in a sorority. Now from what other guys tell me, if you are an older guy that wants to get college girls, this becomes a massive barrier for getting them.

Wanted to know why so many of the hottest girls in college join sororities and if it is really as big of an obstacle in terms of getting with them if you don't go to that college.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are more social than ugly girls.

Also, they want to be popular in college and hang out with the frat guys.

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What makes you want to date sorority girls? Do you actually know any sorority girls to believe that they're the types of women you want to date? How old are you anyway? If you are older than 30, your odds of dating women who are still in college are pretty low.

They're not even emotionally or intellectually full adults at that point. It's difficult to talk to a 20 year old about anything except college and plans for the future.

Also to answer your question: they join sororities because sororities are a lot of fun, if you can get in. It's a social club that comes with lifetime perks, lots of friends, instant validation, and a sense of belonging. Women join sororities for the same reason that men join fraternities. So if you imagine what would attract you to a fraternity, and what types of men join them, then you can imagine what types of girls join sororities and what attracts them to sororities.

Also, sororities come in many varieties - not every sorority is full of arrogant, attractive, wealthy air heads. There are frats and sororities for all different kinds of people if we're talking about a huge school here. In a sorority, reputation is a HUGE deal. After all, in any social group, particularly one with a hierarchy and lifetime membership, your reputation is essentially the only thing you bring to the table. Women in sororities therefore need to consider how they represent their sorority when making small to medium life decisions, including which parties to attend, who to be friends with, and most relevant to you: who to date. This is why it can be more difficult.

In other words, if you're much, much older than a girl in sorority, even if she is interested in you, then she's going to have to consider how it'll look to her sisters to see you two together. If she can't invite you places or be seen in public with you around her friends without expecting to suffer judgement, then she will not consider you an option.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
Im in a fraternity at a major greek schools. Sorority girls are no different than GDI girls because they are all girls at the end of the day. However, they do tend to be hotter and more valuable.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to a school for a year that was 85% greek. There was a fat chick sorority, a dork frat, a rich kid frat, a preppy assh0le frat. Many of the sororities had an alliance with a particular frat, and would basically be their slvts. I was pledge class president for the stoner frat. I went through almost all of a semester of pledging and all the stupid hazing. But I quit because I had started living with a gf off campus. When you're already getting laid twice a day, doing stupid sh!t for a club that is supposed to help you get laid seems pointless.

For the frat hazing, a lot of it is lining you up at attention and screaming at you. I grew up getting screamed at by parents and coaches, so that didn't bother me at all. That's why the other kids voted me to be leader. I was the one who wasn't scared of the hazing bullsh!t.

The frat would make you learn all sorts of trivial stuff about it and the other members. They had one night where they brought in an alum who was their intimidator. Before there was UFC, there was what they called "tough man" competitions. It was like UFC with less rules and no weight classes, fight tournaments for cash. This guy had just won the tough man in a Florida town of 100,000 people. He was a legitimate badass. He wasn't even very big, just a crazy mother fvcker.

Two of our pledges were best friends from high school and pretty dorky. While he was screaming at us, he zeroed in on them and started calling them gay. He wasn't letting up, and I could hear them about to start crying. I'm thinking I'm the leader and I have to do something. Leader of the pack fights the stray dog.

Then he tripped a little over one of the cords to the lights they were shining in our faces, and said, "damn, I must be a dumbass for not moving that light...any of you pledges think I'm a dumb ass?"

I took one step forward, and screamed at the top of my lungs SIR YES SIR. THIS PLEDGE THINKS YOU ARE A DUMBASS, SIR!!

Then there was a sound like the wind whistling through the trees. It was fifty guys sitting off in the darkness all gasping at once. The guy got in my face and told me something about the ditch he was going to dump my dead body in. As soon as he could see I was petrified of him, he immediately dropped it and moved on, and left those two kids alone. The funny thing was that he was the only one who could see how scared of him I was. I had several sorority girls come up to me that week and ask me if I was "that guy who called Johnny ___ a dumbass."

The girls do similar hazing, but I think the hot girl sororities like to line the pledges up naked and rip on their bodies. They make 18-19 y/o girls stand at attention naked while they walk by with markers and make marks on whatever body flaws they see. That's what keeps it a hot girl sorority - they haze out the fat and ugly girls. The frats would try to haze out dorky guys, all except the dork frat. My frat president told me, "you don't need to be hazed. But look at those other guys in your pledge class - they need some hazing."

salinechow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One word> validation. I know firsthand. They do it to feel (more) validated.

way2smart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am amazed at kind of stuff some of you guys are prepared to do just to join a fraternity. If someone tried to haze me, I would punch that prick in the f*cking face. I'm serious. Do you guys have dignity these days? I don't get it, why would you go through this stuff.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. But I was 19 and it took me a couple months to figure those things out.

Pledge weekend is early in the semester, and all the frats throw giant free keg parties. Potential pledges see all these guys living in the frat house with hardly any rules or supervision. They're constantly getting drunk, smoking weed, and banging sorority slvts. And it's not like they tell you up front about all the hazing. All of that is supposed to be secret.

The dumb sh!ts who were in charge of our pledge class once tried to make us walk down flights of steps with blankets over our heads. The kid up front stepped on the blanket and fell headfirst into the concrete. They had to take him to the med service to have his head sown up. Of course he told them he just fell down.

My frat kicked out my buddy from our pledge class for being too much of an alcoholic. That guy later got a medical withdrawal from school for alcoholism. I remember giving a speech to them at a meeting to try to make them change their mind. None of them would look at me. I had the realization then that they were mostly guys who would have been losers if not for their frat identity. I quit shortly afterward. Then the guys who had sworn to be my lifelong friend wouldn't say hi to me when I passed them on the sidewalk.