Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do people think I'm gay?

Viper423

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I cannot believe this...I have heard from some of my friends that people gosip all the time about me being gay! I have been with so many women it's not even funny....when I approached one of my female friends who thought I was gay, I asked her why she and some other people think that....

She told me that other girls think I'm really sexy, but they say I act like I am either "taken" already by another girl or gay. I can't figure out what I do that would project this. I mean, I am always REALLY QUIET when I'm not drunk and don't talk very much when I first meet people, it usually takes me about a month of knowing someone to be "myself". Could my shyness be projecting gayness, lol? I'm stumped guys. I haven't had a girlfriend in over a year, and have only boned 2 chicks in that time since my ex and I broke up.

I want a gf badly but just can never get this thought out of my mind that some people think I'm gay. I think it just may be a confidence issue that I'm not more outgoing and that I'm so shy.

Sosa

Don Juan
Reaction score
It all comes down to peoples perception-some might interpret the shyness incorecctly.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya... I'd say its that as well.
Coupled w. probably all your DJ work...

as in... getting in good shape, thinking your the prize, dressing well, etc.

I would work on becoming more social.
Just finding little interesting things to spark, whatever... and enjoy it easily.
No need to make it a "say the right thing, thing"... just idle BS w. your fellow human being peeps.

The ability to easily communicate, in a charming way... goes a long way. Both for your own sense of self in community, as well as their perception of who you are.

Take a stroke at the art of BullSh!t.

unorthodox

Banned
Reaction score
How's your voice? Tape yourself, does it sound kinda gay?

In any case, I think your approach is made easier if chicks think you're gay. No? "Oh hi baby, you'd make a such a nice friend, do you want to watch movie at my place?"

tuxen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with them thinking your gay, it allows you to slip under the radar for a surprise later!

One of the best players i know comes across as gay, when we're out girls often ask me 'is he gay?'. I just tell them no, but they usually find out soon enough.

insanity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i hear ya man. there has been speculation that i was a gayboy at one time. but this only came from girls who had major interest in me and i turned them down. its just a womans way of making herself feel better because you didn't fall for them and in their minds you must be gay to turn down them.

the rumors also start from guys alot of times too. if your major competition to them, then they will tell girls that they think your gay.

take it lightly and don't let it bother you. the more you try to prove your not gay will only increase these rumors to exsist.

Mr_knowit_all

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a ploy women use when a guy doesn't kiss their ass. I think it's hilarious. Do women have sex with every guy that comes on the them? So don't worry about it. It shows that you're doing it the right way.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Viper423 said:
I cannot believe this...I have heard from some of my friends that people gosip all the time about me being gay! I have been with so many women it's not even funny....when I approached one of my female friends who thought I was gay, I asked her why she and some other people think that....
You know what is gay? Letting comments of being gay getting to you. You know you are not, you know you are tapping women's asses left and right so who gives a fvck what they think. Your male friends who are spreading those rumors are jealous and hate you because they don't have as much success as you. The only thing left to do is to find better friends.

Mr_knowit_all said:
This is a ploy women use when a guy doesn't kiss their ass. I think it's hilarious. Do women have sex with every guy that comes on the them? So don't worry about it. It shows that you're doing it the right way.
Bingo.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tell us more... have you observed yourself after hearing that? What do you look like? How is your voice? Any feminine qualities? Do you put your hands on your hips a lot? Do you talk a lot with your hands?

I see no reason why being shy would make them assume that, but people can be very untactful with their questions nowadays next time she asks you that say something ****y if its a guy say "Don't bother I don't go that way buddy" or a chick say no but you're still not interested or some sh*t like she was hitting on you.

rrrrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr_knowit_all said:

I had one girl I worked with at a fast food restaurant while in high school continue to say she knew me from a math class (I never saw her). I don't know if she was interested or not and I didn't care, finally she started asking if I was gay. I said no. Eventually she got real nasty toward me and started treating me like crap... I didn't take it and we argued all the time.

Mr_knowit_all

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
rrrrr said:
I had one girl I worked with at a fast food restaurant while in high school continue to say she knew me from a math class (I never saw her). I don't know if she was interested or not and I didn't care, finally she started asking if I was gay. I said no. Eventually she got real nasty toward me and started treating me like crap... I didn't take it and we argued all the time.
It's typical evil woman bullshyt. Not all women are like this, but unfortunately, the numbers are growing. It really doesn't pay to argue with them. Part of the satisfaction these women get is from the attention. Tell her you're not gay, you just prefer chicks who are hot.

P.S. They don't really think you're gay. It's just a defense mechanism so that they can deal with rejection.

bigmil

Don Juan
Reaction score
appearance and demeanor can cause some people to think someone's gay when they're not. If you're really skinny, even slightly androgynous-looking, or if you have a high voice.
Don't freak out about this -- you know you're not gay.
I would examine it though. Try to emulate masculine characteristics. Stand up straight, don't whine, be proud of who you are.
Work out. Lift weights. Play sports and have a lot of guy friends. Talk to your dad about it -- or any strong masculine role model in your life. Masculinity is something that becomes part of our personality -- part of who you are. You don't have to fake it but it's good to be aware of how you might come off to others.
The best thing you can do is to laugh when someone calls you gay -- just act like it doesn't bother you and carry on like normal. Make sure you tell them you're not gay but play it cool and act like you think it's funny and ridiculus that anyone would think that.

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude...i went through the same ordeals of girls asking me whether "I was gay or not??"..... then my best friend pull me aside and told me what i was doing that made girls think that....

1. MY VOICE... believe it or not, i have a good masculine voice but he would notice that whenever i'd talk to a girl that i'd like i'd talk at a higher pitch due to slight nerves...GIRLS SEE THIS!!!

2. TOO NICE OR SHY...if you have both it would be logical for them to think your gay

3. GOOD LOOKING GUY WHO DOESN'T FLIRT...need i say more??? YOU HAVE TO FLIRT AND SHOW SOME TESTOSTERONE...AGGRESSIVENESS

4. GOOD LOOKING GUY WITH NO GIRLFRIEND OR ANYTHING ON THE SIDE...WHEN YOU'RE PURSUING MULTIPLE GIRLS ON THE DL, YOU BECOME AND SHOW THEM THAT YOU'RE NOT ONLY NEED THEM BUT YOU'RE THE CATCH (YOU LOSE THAT DESPERATION, YOU BECOME THE "MAN")...Once they see that you're in a female drought, you become less attractive.

Hope this helps...:up: - Kingbeef

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only guy I know that rivals me for getting the babes also gets accused of being gay sometimes. Back when I was rocking my eye-liner and Captain Jack Sparrow look I got accused of it all the time. Was it a coincidence that this was the time I was most irresistible to the ladies?

Dressing flamboyantly, being cultured, sensitive or well-groomed seem to be traits associated with gay men these days, but these can all be very attractive qualities for a woman too - as long as he can back it up with manliness where it counts it can be the ideal combination.

MyOwnKryptonite

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you wear pink or purple. When it comes to summer time do you wear a speedo. when you run do your wrists flop around? Do you have an un natural sense of style?

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you dress like a construction worker, cowboy, cop or indian chief?

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this sounds like a gag post.

in case it's not:

- some guys have an EFFEMINATE DEMEANOR... even if they are not gay. i've encountered people (including teachers) who i assumed were gay but it turns out that they just carry themselves, gesture, speak, or feature body language that is effeminate.

could be the issue.

ask your female friends if it is. and if not, what is it that makes you seem so.

if you dress really well, are neat and single in your 40s, that might set off gaydar as well but these things need not be changed.

delta