Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do people dislike being alone?

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if there's something weird about me, but I seem to be the only person (aside from emo girls) who doesn't mind being alone.

I'm not talking about being locked in my room playing video games, but anywhere. Only a while ago, I spent 10 days in a forest taking pictures and data for the parks service, without seeing a single person. I didn't mind at all.

So why is it that people often complain about being alone? I know some girls who want to get married, just to avoid being alone for the rest of their lives! Frankly, I wouldn't mind growing old by myself.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an antisocial introvert and I'm just peachy about it. I absolutely hate parties.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First, PM me on how you got a job taking pics and data collecting for the parks service.

Secondly, people are friggen idiots and let social conditioning get in the way of reason.

Social conditioning like JesterX spoke of is that "no one can be alone because they will be unhappy and lonely." Personally, I like a new show on FOX that has "everyone fvcks over Raymond's" Brother as a husband. He states that "[spouses] are only for driving each other to the hospitol."

People don't understand that I can be happy without anyone by my side as long as I don't stop being social. It seems to be pretty much the same thing over and over. Social people stop being social after they turn older.

Plus there is a falacy in this statement, if you don't want to die alone, than you would both have to die alone. Wouldn't you? Then, someone would have to die first and someone would die alone. It is as if we bought this "Hook, line, and sinker."

comic_relief

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
I'm an antisocial introvert and I'm just peachy about it. I absolutely hate parties.
so am I, but in no way am I an "antisocial introvert" because I go meet as many people as I possibly can. I just hate parties.

Yesterday, I was helping four girls get dressed and heckling them. I had fun and got a few numbers. Believe me, being social is a fvcken blast though.

comic_relief

OddManOut85

Don Juan
Reaction score
well ive realized thats somewhat my problem,im somewhat an antisocial introvert,and im shocked.shocked at all this time gone bye.when i was just here,at home,doing nothing,while it seems like the rest of the world was out interacting.i mean jesus,what does that do to a person? sitting in front of a computer,isolating yourself.i mean,im not totally like that,its not like im afraid to go out into the real world,but i just cant believe myself.no wonder i have always been single.ive never even really tried! and the message has always been there,"dont let the fear of striking you out keep you from playing the game" "if at first you dont suceed,try again" "the worst thing you can do is not try" i think in some ways it was a sort of social conditioning.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm not non-social, I enjoy hanging out with friends and meeting new people. But I'm just as happy when I'm alone, as I am at a party. A lot of my friends, in contrast, start getting depressed after a few days without social contact.

It seems interesting, especially when it comes to marriage. It seems one of the big reasons for marrying is to avoid being alone at an old age.

Mind you, I'm not saying we should all become hermits, in fact I've heard extended periods (several years) without any human interaction can turn you into a nutjob. But its just interesting to see how people become so dependent on social interaction, or electronic entertainment. I wonder, if you drop an average person into the middle of nowhere, without any electricity or other humans, would they find anything to do?

comc_relief: I got the job because I did some student work for them during high school, and I know some stuff about outdoor/macro photography. Nothing special, just got asked and said yes.

sifer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't get to read the entire thread so don't quote me but - humans are socially conditioned. We're generally social creatures. Lock two people in a room, they will talk.

Difference is, the wise choose to be in solitude, the fool, the group.

I am a very very outgoing person, I will say the craziest thing and do straight-up things to appeal to my own ego because I know you won't do it (the general population).

At times, and many times, I prefer to be alone.

Edit - At times, and many times, I don't mind being alone. I prefer to socialize though.

Bad wording. :)