Why do I look young?

YT827

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why am I 26 and can still can pass for 18 or 19?

Am I lacking a hormone or something?

Just curious why some people look their age and others don't.

Scion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You just don't age quickly. I'm the same way, I'm 25 and could pass for 19, maybe 20. My entire family is like that, my dad's in his fifties but looks much younger.

Just a Shot Away

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, man. You'll be glad you didn't when the day comes that you realize that you're "the old guy" at the party/bar/etc.

facadegeniality

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I'm told I look 16-18. im sure it doesn't work in my favour now. But im think it will in the years to come.

L B

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here. People think I am younger than my sister who is 3 years younger than I am.

In the long run, it's a blessing in disguise. You feel like you get to experience life a lot longer than a lot of people. Imagine in your 40s looking like you're barely 30 (anything is possible).

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude wear some stubble, if you want it always makes you look older, and the way you dress and carry yourself also has an effect!

just acept that you may "peak" relative to other guys a bit later on in life....

even tho it may be really annoying at the moment, it is a blessing in disguise.
it may hinder your "game" at the moment as women normally date UP, so arnt as attracted to a younger looking man...eihter date slightly younger girls, or just acept it.

but when you are Older you will be able to get a much wider range (age -range) of women, from the younger hotties (as you will look young enouth for them to date) and the older women your age will see you as not aged or balding etc...

and if you get really good game, get bufff in the gym, you will be fighting them off when you are older

i can see that some of my freinds about 24/25 years old ALREADY look like they are in their mid-tirties- and are getting a litle "middle aged" and out of shape, it only gets worse for them... whist i am fiarly young looking as well (well i look my age), and my dad is 60 but looks 50 at most...

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I'm 25 but I look a lot younger than I am. I still get carded sometimes. No one really knows why some just look older than others. It's just a matter of genetics. Like others have said, you'll be very happy that you look younger when you get a little older.

I know a few guys who looked like they were in their early 20s back when they were in middle school! It was great for them back then and all through high school and even college. But now, they're losing their hair and their skin is losing its youthful texture. Basically, they look old.

Some girls don't like they younger look because it makes them look older. But like Kingsam said, we're going to peak a little later and we can date younger than those who peaked earlier. Just stick to dating slightly younger girls for now. I date mostly 20-22 year olds.

And the tip about stubble is a good one too. I look very young right after I've gotten a completely clean shave. So now, I just use a trimmer and cut my facial hair very short, making sure it's slightly visible.

Dukester101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Where the military takes me (currently: Okinawa, J
Same here... I'm 24 and I look like I'm under 18 if I dont shave. Considering that I'm in the military and have to shave EVERYDAY... I get to look young and amazing. Though I'd prefer to have a goatee or some stubble like I did before I joined the service.

It kinda sucks sometimes because people think you're a kid. I'm just waiting till I'm in my 40s and I look like I'm in my late 20s!

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
And the tip about stubble is a good one too. I look very young right after I've gotten a completely clean shave. So now, I just use a trimmer and cut my facial hair very short, making sure it's slightly visible.
one day old stubble looks pretty good, its there but not long or anything...
i went o a bar the other day wiht a group of girls, i was looking sharp, good shirt, day old stubble, good hair, normally i get ID checked and, this time i didnt !
normally the girls dont get checked this time they all did ! it felt good!

more reasons
- a bit longer to develop and perfect our game (with experince)
- a bit longer to develop our socail game and socail networks
- we will be earming a good amoutn of $$ when we are a bit older, so we will have more "value"- nicer home, car, etc....
- longer to develop a buff body

Reaction score
I'm 32. I get carded for smokes. I've been told (too many times to count) I look anywhere from 23 to 27 depending what I'm wearing which is usually dependant on where I'm going. And I think mainly its because the females expect me to be at least this old cuz its usually at a club or bar when my age comes into question. Why? I have know idea. I figure if youre in a bar or club everyone is fair game in respect to ages.

Looking young is a good thing (sometimes I was doubtful when I was younger), but now, I wouldnt have it any other way. Sometimes females joke about my age, mostly when theyre in there early 20's, but I find they do like it because we don't look odd (age difference wise) when we're out together. On the flip side, the females my age also think I'm younger than I am and I think this may cause an uneasiness with them when they find out we are actually the same age.

Enjoy it, man. And remember age don't mean sh*t.

Reaction score
I touched on it, but I think it is worth being more explicit - what youre wearing and of course how you wear it will have a huge impact on how others will view you and youre 'expected' age.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You probably look young because you lack testosterone and muscle mass.

Get squatting.