Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do girls talk about their previous hookups?

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

When they bring it up its usually out of the blue.

I was talking to a girl about cancun and all of a sudden she slips in "yea i hooked up with this hot spanish guy in cancun."

Now I am not jealous of this but why bring it up at all?

Now i love a good sex conversation but when people drop names of others they've had sex with i find it in poor taste.

Rarely do i discuss partners with girls let alone friends.

Do women think that guys will be more interesred in them if they talk about guys from their past?

Do girls do it to get attension?

discuss.

Last edited:

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever a girl out of the blue talks about having sex with or deep intimate relationships with another guy she is probably relegating you to the friends zone.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
Id say its a b*tch test. When a girl says "my last bf was a player" say
"oh so you should stgay away from me then because im only intrested in you for sex to" with a slight slight slight smile.

If you answer wrong and say omg i would never think of playing you swettie then your in the friends zone!!

Become a Ninja and you will know exactly what to say in al situations. Like yesterday someone broke into my house and a threw ninja stars at him and i pinned him to the wall with them and then i said "stick around" TRUE STORY

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I'm Joe Dirt
Whenever a girl out of the blue talks about having sex with or deep intimate relationships with another guy she is probably relegating you to the friends zone.
i've never talked to girls about intimite relationships but i know for a FACT that discussing sex or even other guys doesn't put you into the "friendship" category.

numerous girls that have been attracted to me openly discuss other males.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa
i've never talked to girls about intimite relationships but i know for a FACT that discussing sex or even other guys doesn't put you into the "friendship" category.

numerous girls that have been attracted to me openly discuss other males.
The ones that are into you will do it as a zhit test, to see how you handle it, and when they are not sure how into them you are. They give themselves validation, to feel attractive and so that you know that they are desirable. Works for them. If you and I started to talk about how great we are, as a form of approval seeking, as in having to say it because we don't think we're cool enough to convey it without words, then she will see through it; yet when they do it, it usually causes a reaction in the guy they are obviously testing.

If the girl is going into specifics about how that guy was so great, and how he is everything you are not, etc. etc. then she might be trying to hint that she is not into you. It is all about congruency. It depends on what you two are talking about, and what her body language is telling you.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
The ones that are into you will do it as a zhit test, to see how you handle it, and when they are not sure how into them you are. They give themselves validation, to feel attractive and so that you know that they are desirable.
Spot on Gangster! Good to see us boxing boys arent all braindead! :woo:

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clooney, I never thought I'd say that, not a few years ago, at least, but my predictions of women behavior/interactions/attraction situations have been a lot more accurate than my boxing predictions. Haha.

Guys, leave all that talking for women. You need to convey, by actions, and not by words, that other women find you attractive. It will scream in their ear louder than any of your words might. When you don't have to say it, because she finds it obvious, that other women want you, that is when you are well on your way to great things.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Gangster Of Love
Clooney, I never thought I'd say that, not a few years ago, at least, but my predictions of women behavior/interactions/attraction situations have been a lot more accurate than my boxing predictions. Haha.

lol, yeah I went through a real rough patch in my boxing perdictions also, but its well no track again now! Good to see you have learnt a lot about woman over the last few years then! Very accurate information you provided, and something that is obviously not obvious to so many on these boards! Great to see some older more experienced guys still here giving out good advice!

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I'm Joe Dirt
Joe Dirt, are you sure about this?

Originally posted by Gangster of Love
They give themselves validation, to feel attractive and so that you know that they are desirable. Works for them.
Yes, talking about men she has dated is a mechanism some women use to social proof themselves. It is their way of telling you that they are desirable.

Maximus_Decimus

MidnightResistance

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had it once or twice on a date.
It just pisses me off.

The last chick who brought up her ex, I told "If we're going to talk about ex's all night long I'm going to chain smoke all of your cigarettes."
She quickly changed subject.
I dumped her that night anyway.

ReT

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've gone out with girls who talked about there ex boyfriends. Usually I'd tell them, I really don't want to hear about it and you should look into the future not the past.

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MidnightResistance
I've had it once or twice on a date.
It just pisses me off.

The last chick who brought up her ex, I told "If we're going to talk about ex's all night long I'm going to chain smoke all of your cigarettes."
She quickly changed subject.
I dumped her that night anyway.
If it's not an exclusive relationship with her, it's better to reframe. Don't let her push your buttons and your emotions - you are being sucked into her frame. One method of reframing is to tell her stories about your exes and/or the other chicks you are currently seeing.

Maximus_Decimus

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love that girls will tell you this stuff in an effort to make themselves look desireable and wordly -- that they are not a goodie-two-shoes -- but regret it later on.

A girl I was with once told me about hooking up with a dude on vacation (without her fiance). Later we were getting into a hot tub and I busted on her ("hey, didn't you give a handjob in a hot tub to that guy who told you he was a fighter pilot..."). She was shocked and appalled that I thought she was "that kind" of girl.

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Black_Italian

Become a Ninja and you will know exactly what to say in al situations. Like yesterday someone broke into my house and a threw ninja stars at him and i pinned him to the wall with them and then i said "stick around" TRUE STORY
Bhahaha.

Vince

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa

When they bring it up its usually out of the blue.

I was talking to a girl about cancun and all of a sudden she slips in "yea i hooked up with this hot spanish guy in cancun."

Now I am not jealous of this but why bring it up at all?

Now i love a good sex conversation but when people drop names of others they've had sex with i find it in poor taste.

Rarely do i discuss partners with girls let alone friends.

Do women think that guys will be more interesred in them if they talk about guys from their past?

Do girls do it to get attension?

discuss.
they do it to see how you feel about them...because sometimes they are want justification for their actions (F'ing you) just happened to me not more than 3 hours ago...she and i have been friends for years... a HB9 36 years old... she mentioned her recent hook ups and craving for sex...she said it in a way so that I wouldnt think of her as a slut.... i said there is nothing wrong with her hook ups... played it cool and bingo... i F'd her good and i must have c*m 3 times...

however, there are some people just out to tease you...you will know the difference. if you tell her to back off and she doesn't, she wants you bad.

no, i dont think girls do it to get attention.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really do believe that girls try to qualitifiy themselves by discussing their previous hookups (such as by name-dropping)

it happened the other night when a bunch of girls were naming guys they "hooked up" with in a group of about 10 people.

Guys do pretty much the same thing on showing their self worth by naming the girls they have had sex with.

Personally, whether it be guys or girls, i think it is quite pathetic. The need to share this information openly (and repetitivley) with friends/people who have already been informed on past situations shows ones need to prove their self worth to others.

any thoughts?