Why did Japanese surrender 22 days after nuclear bombings?

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
False flag, sheeple! Those bombings were all faked. Everyone knows that. I read all about it on the Internet.

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negotiated surrender.

Danger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Japanese were merciless warriors. I'm sure they would have dropped as many as they could to effect surrender.

There's nothing different or "special" about America that caused us to drop a second one. The prospect of losing another several hundred thousand of our own men to defeat Japan was reason enough to throw another one. And we would have thrown a third in September or October, I'm sure.

We must never forget that it's easy to Monday morning quarterback decades later. The decisions that were made were made by people who were weary and shocked from 4 years of global warfare brought about mostly by Germany and Japan. It had to end by any means necessary.

War is about ruthless destruction of the enemy. In later wars the US showed the world what dipping a toe in the waters of war does. Korea, Vietnam, on and on we go. Our "police actions" and limited engagements yielded nothing but protracted, unecessary suffering.

Once you're in, you've got to be all-in. The one with the most resources, and will to win, is the one who prevails.
Japan said no to surrenduring after the first nuke.

Better to drop a second one than to lose hundreds of thousands of patriots to a stupid decision by your enemy.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

Kotaix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Soviet Union also declared war on Japan after the bombs dropped; they were going to invade Japanese occupied Manchuria.
Correction. The soviets DID invade manchuria with millions of men and 5000 tanks. This was a big part of their surrender since they had a 2 front war going on.

Epic Days

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They were and are good at math.

Epic Days

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Japan still does present a threat that's why to some extent a few countries are still containing them.

Australia and Siberia (Russia) has always been at their sights.
Tom Clancy wrote about a new war with Japan. It was called Debt of Honor

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere where's it's none of your business
Tom Clancy wrote about a new war with Japan. It was called Debt of Honor
Thanks, I think I'll look it up when I drop by the bookstore.

Each time Japan builds something, you can bet the Koreans will soon follow up even when they're supposedly on the same team.

Even that small Korean flattop is named after the dokko islands, a bunch of useless rocks that has both the japs and koreans at loggerheads.