Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why aren't you married?

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now as I'm getting on in age I reflect on how many times I've been asked, "Are you married".

If it is being asked by a married guy I always get one of two responses when I say "No, I'm not married." It's usually either "Lucky" or "Smart" with a look of envy.

Women inevitably will ask, "Why are'nt you married?" I usually use one of two smart a** replies. Either............

"I'm not ready to be committed" Which is a play on words as to my mental health.

or

"I don't think I could handle that much happiness." This is a sarcastic reply which gets either a laugh or a wierd look.

To others here I'd like to hear some of your responses to the questions of "Are you married?" and "Why are'nt you married?"

Cheers!

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't dance around this issue.

If someone asks me the same thing, I either reply with:

1. It's none of your business.

or

2. It's none of your business.

Nelford

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not married and I give them those same type of sarcastic lines.

The reason I am not married is that I was in a long term relationship that drained me and now that I am not I would rather just casually date. I miss a lot of opportunities when I was in that relationship that I wish now I would have took.

I work 3 jobs which one of them is a event cordinator for weddings and parties and the other is personal fitness trainer, so I meet women all the time. To the OP, those are the times when I get those questions. When women ask what I do they look at me and say my husband don't do anything but set home and watch TV, you are so interesting. Now if I was on clean up mode their marrage would be over. Right now I just rather be single, but if I meet the right person I will consider it.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Never been on my mind. I would like to, but my focus is else where.
By the way I don't get asked about marriage at all. You might be the first. Never known why. I guess I give impression i am too happy being single.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
"I'm not ready to be committed" Which is a play on words as to my mental health.
I like that one, romangod. :up: Must remember it.

This brings to mind one time I was asked this, and some of the women were outright offended that I didn't consider getting married a goal in itself.

ATiLLAHUN

Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
A salesman quip for softening up a new prospect is to ask:

"So, are you married, or are you happy?"
these lines makes the one shut up..instantly

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why am I not married??? Because...

The happiest marriages end in death - and I'm too young to die!

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
them: why are you not married?

me: because i can cook my own meals and do my own laundry.

:whistle:

PeeGee

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been asking people point blank to give me reasons to get married. Thusfar the only valid ones are pragmatic reasons like tax benefits (which don't always work).

If you guys can show me how even the legal benefits of being married (and staying married) aren't that great, I will be set in stone.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Why aren't you married?

I don't believe in state sponsored slavery.

2. Why aren't you married?

Well lets see now I think I put it on my to do list right behind #45 colon cleansing and #46 preparing my funeral arrangements.

3. Why aren't you married?

One woman isn't enough for all my love. ;)

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tell them that "my girlfriend hasn't even graduated high school yet!"

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PeeGee said:
I have been asking people point blank to give me reasons to get married. Thusfar the only valid ones are pragmatic reasons like tax benefits (which don't always work).

If you guys can show me how even the legal benefits of being married (and staying married) aren't that great, I will be set in stone.
Search is your friend. This has been discussed at length in several large, existing threads.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love the jokes, and hope that's what they are. That said:

I have a novel idea; maybe try answering the question in such a way as to not give the impression that you're a smart-a$$. Seriously fellows. Who knows.... you might even get a date out of it.

The most effective I've ever seen this answered was by George Clooney; and he does it all the time (as you might expect). He's always polite and well-thought out when reporters ask him this. For this, and countless other reasons, I'm sure he loses track of all of the poon he gets.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
There is only one good answer: "Because I haven't found the right girl yet".

That is the honest-to-god truth for EVERY unmarried man.

eyedogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im with Squirrels - EXCEPT that I WHOLLY agree with KontrollersX's (and others) take on state sponsored marriage cert's to be "married".

So I may never be again!

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I got married right now, either she'd be too good for me or I'd just be settling. How do you really KNOW? It's like a roll of dice, this person you decide to marry. This is why I suggest you get with people who hold similar beliefs in life, like a church. However, I know a few gals in church who would be the awesome "traditional" wife, I just CAN'T get over my oneitis. We're still seeing each other, and I don't think it would be fair to go for the sure thing just yet. My oneitis would be a RISKY-asz marriage I can tell. She seduces EVERY guy that comes along, but doesn't put out except for me. I don't know if I could handle that in marriage. While she's the most Honest person I've ever met, it's that absolute honesty that scares me. She's either Really good at concealing her infidelity or she entirely honest. Her friends say she's golden honest, golden hair, face everything. She's got streaks in her that make me doubt her though. I can't put my finger on it. I'm so sucked in by her though, like I've never been sucked in by anyone else.