Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why are women so f*ckin dramatic?

Champ1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just wondering why women create so much drama in everything no matter how simple or silly something seems to us? My girlfriend is so dramatic about everything in her life, no matter if it's something that her friend did or her mom said or it's blah blah blah. Are some women's lives so mundane that they have to make even little irrelevant things more exciting to create drama? And, if everything is going great in our relationship between us, she comes out of left field with some stupid @ss question to create tension or cause a fight for no apparent reason. It's like she has nothing else to worry about or just craves negativity and drama. Maybe this is her way of getting attention when I'm not giving her enough and off doing my own thing. Who knows?

Just wondering if anybody here knows the reason why this is? I'd really like to know if this is what all women like to do or just some of the ones I choose. Thanks. I'm just tired of pointless drama!
Champ

Ekimuk

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey i've just experienced a similar situation with my gf. she is turning into a real drama queen.

sorry this is a bit long, appreciate anyone who reads this.

i took her out to town after the exams, and she starts to act like a spoilt little princess..

me : so where do you want to eat?
her : i don't know, we'll go to anything you choose?
me : okay fine, how does a burger sound?
her : no way, i don't want a burger

:rolleyes: oh my god, it gets worse

we see a movie, which we both pick, and it's "shaun of the dead" which is a comedy or so i thought.. it gets a little gory in the movie i admit and after one of the gory scenes.

her: this is digusting, it's so gory!
me: sorry, i didn't know it was this bad [extend my hand to hold hers]
her: gives me a dirty look and doesn't even bother to hold my hand back.. (which really pisses me off)

after the movie;

her: that was really gory! (scarastic tone)
me: yeah sorry i didn't know it was that bad, but you still didn't have to be so disrespectful towards me. i take you out to show you a good time, and you seem so rude, if you're going to be so childish next time, maybe you should stay at home!
her: doesn't say a word ( i can tell she's sulking now)

after i drop her off in her room;

(doesn't say an entire word to me on the way back, i don't bother making convo)
me: when you want to talk to me, you can call me.
her: you too, you can call me when you want to talk to me
me: what?! you completely ignored me. i didn't do anything wrong
her: you could have said something to me, you could have replied after i said the movie was gory after it had finished!
me: whatever, see you later.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of women!

I don't know why women love drama, but it seems to be a universal female trait.

Could it be to do with the fact that for thousands of years, men got the real 'drama' - hunting, fighting etc while women stayed at home and talked, sewed, cooked etc so had to create imaginary dramas out of all proportion to the circumstances?

Also don't forget women tend to be more emotional than men, so things we men wouldn't give a toss about suddenly become huge in their eyes.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL! Ekimuk, I've had all that in relationships. Just treat her like a spoiled brat and she'll come round. You shouldn't ask her where she wants to go though, precisely because you'll usually get the answer you got. Just say where you're going and ask her along.

Ekimuk

Don Juan
Reaction score
haha man it's so ****ing pissing off i tell you.

i've been trying to think back to see if i've done anything wrong there, and i can't find anything at all that i said or did to upset her.

but where does it go from here? do i call her? do i wait for her call?

Last edited:

Champ1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I'd let her call you! You didn't do anything wrong and she just wants to make the situation worse to make drama. Yeah I agree, don't ask her where she wants to go. Just have a plan at all times and a backup in case she wants to create some drama. If she's in the mood to fight just tell her she can sulk at home and you'll go out do whatever else you had as a backup plan. Then she'll learn that you don't play silly games like that. We, as men, have to put our foot down sometimes with these drama queens and let them know we are MEN and don't care to next them if the need be.
Champ

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the wonderful world of women...

why are women so dramatic? because they can be.

Ekimuk

Don Juan
Reaction score
so the general concensus is that i should wait for her to call me back?

i don't know but i'm starting to feel guilty. or is it just me being paranoid along with those AFC tendencies creeping back again?

Kidquick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, drama is something I really just cannot stand - it's almost always something petty and trivial, and if you mention anything along those lines they think you're calling their feelings petty and trivial, which only worsens the situation - maintaining complete silence is the worst thing you can do, though, which goes far in proving what they are really after - attention. :eek:

Champ1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Kidquick, I agree! I think basically it comes down to one thing bottom line - almost all women are just ATTENTION *****S deep down. They crave it and creating drama gives them something they can talk about to whoever will listen and give them attention for it. I think most women think their own lives are relatively boring and they have to create drama to stir things up a bit to make it somewhat more exciting. Hell, that's why soap operas and romance novels are so popular among them I guess. Just my $.02 worth.
Peace

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ekimuk
me: yeah sorry i didn't know it was that bad, but you still didn't have to be so disrespectful towards me. i take you out to show you a good time, and you seem so rude, if you're going to be so childish next time, maybe you should stay at home!
her: doesn't say a word ( i can tell she's sulking now)

Love it...

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ekimuk
so the general concensus is that i should wait for her to call me back?

i don't know but i'm starting to feel guilty. or is it just me being paranoid along with those AFC tendencies creeping back again?
It may be difficult to drop it, or her, you may get all these AFC tendancies making you want to do everything for her and apologize. But realize: SHE created the drama. You just tried to hold her hand. but I would just ignore her. If she liked you that much, she'd call you. If not, well, then you know how much the "relationship" was worth to her. DON'T CALL HER though. Just wait a week or two though, have some fun on your own.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha, yeah, women always do this sh1t. its their nature, so dont be pissed off.

remeber, women talk about feelings, men talk about things (reality). as chris rock said. "stop being so fvcking dramatic... This woman at work wants to DESTROY me! B1tch, you wrap clothers at JC penny, what , did she rip up your paper?" ;)

Ekimuk, you handled everything great. You were not an ass, and yet you didnt let her push you around. those are the great guys, some chicks, however do not realize that. Let her call you, if you dont call her, she will just creat more drama, by being pissed, then she'll realize she is being dumb, and if she does have feelings for you, she will come around.

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dont worry about all the *****ing the give for everything...theyre testing you to see whose in control and see if she would like to carry on something serious with you. everytime she starts *****ing about something make fun of her, tease her until she gets the point that her little *****ing and tests dont work with you and eventually shell chill out. and you got to keep it up always.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, just make a joke out of the drama if it's not too heavy and if the mood is more serious, just ignore her. I got this from time to time during an LTR and just ignored it - eventually she apologised and wanted to make up.

Mind you this doesn't ALWAYS work - I once took the p8ss out of a girlfriends' drama and she got in a huge strop, stormed out and I never saw her again!

rjherche

Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like to keep relationships interesting by stirring things up. There's a certain element of that which you can't avoid... they like to prod you and see how much **** you will put up with.

However, if your girl has become more argumentative lately and seemingly resentful then you are looking at declining interest level. Women are much more agreeable, even submissive, when they're totally gone over you.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay...first you have to stop dating spoiled four year olds! (Who the heck does this chick think she is? Paris Hilton?)

We make drama because we are trying to get a reaction from you guys! Girls are emotional! When we are with a man we like, we get all giggly and excited! We have a pinball machine going on inside!

And then here's you....Mr. Too Cool & Calm. Laid back and easy with a half-hearted smile.
IT DRIVES US NUTS!

How can you be so unemotional when we are about to pass out from sheer delight at hearing your car drive up? It makes us mad because you aren't SHOWING emotion on the same level we are FEELING.

So when she starts with the drama, and picks a fight out of no where. THAT'S why she's mad at you. And when you yell back at her she calms right down and acts all sweet again doesn't she?:D

Let's try that little sceen again!
You : So where do you want to eat?
Her : I don't know, we'll go to anything you choose.
You : Okay fine, how does a burger sound?
Her : No way, I don't want a burger!
You: What is UP with you!! You said anywhere! I'm not going to stand here and argue for two hours about where to eat!
Her: Whoa! McDonald's is fine! I'll just get a salad. Don't get all up set Honey!:D

You gave her the reaction she was looking for, whether it was genuine or not. She'll understand you have churning emotions too and will be fine for the rest of the night.

PlayerSupreme has outlined "give the girl drama" this several times in his posts. :cool:

Spike_the_cowboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LuvMyArmyMan
some girls do it for fun. Its entertainment to them
Understatement of the century.

:D

Champ1

Don Juan
Reaction score
So true WaterTiger! I think women just do it to push and see where they stand with you in the relationship. They want to see if you are going to be a true man and take charge of the situation when they stir up drama and wind up testing you. You hit the nail on the head!