Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who's right: me or my friend?

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was having a get together at my house. She tells me she can go, and the day of she cancels to hang out with her friends who made plans that day (I created the plans way earlier). She lied about it to me, and purposely kept it a secret so I wouldn't heart about it.

So I ignored her today, she was sucking up to me. "Hey Joe, what's up?" "Why won't you talk to me?" I walked away from our lunch table and she followed me telling my best friend "Why won't he talk to me?"
He says "Ask him yourself."
She says "Will you at least say hi to me"
I say "Hi Jasmine"
She says "Talk to me

So I said "What you did was ****ed up." She says "Do you want to know why I did it?" I said "Sure" She then proceeds to tell me quietly and stuttering she stood me up because she likes her boyfriend more than he likes her. Makes no sense to me (girls know that if they want to elevate their status, they make their boyfriends jealous), so I just chuckled because I wasn't buying it. She gets pissed and walks away., and my friend looks at me and goes "You just wanted to be an ass." I was like "No. She disrespected me, and I'm not taking crap from anybody." I talked to her later in the day, and I think I got my point across to her. Was I an ass?

SenorSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh, you should have just said hi when she approached, and then ignored her and talked to the other people at your table. When you act like an ass or just ignore her completely, women can tell that it is effecting you. Sure this can work towards your advantage if they feel bad for you, but it does something else; it shows you have feelings toward her. When women know you have feelings, they can use this against you.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to **** her then that probably wasnt a very good idea.

She now knows that your whole night was ruined just because she didn't turn up. You gave her a glimpse of just how much sway she has over you. WRONG MOVE. Even if it did piss you off, you shouldn't of let her know about it.

If you have done your job properly then she should be DYING to go to a get together at your house. You haven't created enough (if any) attraction.

Moral of the story is, let her see you being more charismatic and full of energy. Hit on / tease / flirt with every hot girl at your school, she'll see you with all these girls and remember that she once had a chance with you.

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is good that you do not want to be viewed as a punk. That is a good thing, but never let a woman get the idea that she has an "effect" on you.

Instead of telling her off, just draw your attention away from her a bit..do not completely ignore her, just suck her into your game instead.

Rata Blanca

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She messed with your head, she won.

If you want to punish a woman for her bad behaviour just ignore her.
If you want to reward her give extra atention (just a little)

Deviant_DeWilde

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... It's bad that you let her know how much it affected you, don't let it get to you too much... However answering your question... YOU were the most right... she DID treat you bad...

Lust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody said:
I was having a get together at my house. She tells me she can go, and the day of she cancels to hang out with her friends who made plans that day (I created the plans way earlier). She lied about it to me, and purposely kept it a secret so I wouldn't heart about it.

So I ignored her today, she was sucking up to me. "Hey Joe, what's up?" "Why won't you talk to me?" I walked away from our lunch table and she followed me telling my best friend "Why won't he talk to me?"
He says "Ask him yourself."
She says "Will you at least say hi to me"
I say "Hi Jasmine"
She says "Talk to me

So I said "What you did was ****ed up." She says "Do you want to know why I did it?" I said "Sure" She then proceeds to tell me quietly and stuttering she stood me up because she likes her boyfriend more than he likes her. Makes no sense to me (girls know that if they want to elevate their status, they make their boyfriends jealous), so I just chuckled because I wasn't buying it. She gets pissed and walks away., and my friend looks at me and goes "You just wanted to be an ass." I was like "No. She disrespected me, and I'm not taking crap from anybody." I talked to her later in the day, and I think I got my point across to her. Was I an ass?
That's not how a Don Juan behaves.

Have you read the bible?

Don Juans don't give half a damn what some girl does. They are unmoved.

What do you want to convey?

Are you the type of guy who got all pissy just because some girl didn't show up? Or are you the guy that forgot all about it and called up another girl over?

You are handling this whole thing wrong.

Making it a big deal won't do anything but lower your value. Which is the exact opposite of what you want to do right now. I'm guessing you need to demonstrate higher value, or she wouldn't have stood you up in the first place.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're going about this the wrong way.

Don't ignore her, don't act like an ass. Act as if you don't give a sh*t. If she brings it up, DON'T tell her it's "no big deal", but DON'T get pissy with her either. Showing indifference and giving off that "it's whatever" vibe will get her wondering why it didn't get a rise out of you. That works in your favor, because it shows that you're not going to be affected by some little game shes trying to play.

Besides, she didn't stand you up, she told you ahead of time she couldn't go. It was a get together, not a one on one date. Acting like a moron isn't going to get you anywhere. It screams "I'm overreacting because you ruined my night". THAT, in turn, gives her the upper hand, because she now knows she can influence your emotions.

I would've said something like this:

She explains her side of the story...
"Yeh, sucks for you though. We'll have to get together another time, if you're lucky."

Most girls respond "If I'm lucky huh?"

To which I'd reply: Yeah, lucky. Unless you wanna work hard to win me over, because after all, I don't just hang out with every cute girl I see. But hey, I gotta go. I'll catch you later.

PUK

Don Juan
Reaction score
"EARTH!"
"FIRE!"
"WIND!"
"WATER!"
"HEART!"

"Go Planet!"

"By your powers combined, I am Captain Planet!"

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

He's our powers magnified
And he's fighting on the planet's side

Captain Planet, he's our hero
Gonna take pollution down to zero

Gonna help him put asunder
Bad guys who like to loot and plunder

"You'll pay for this Captain Planet!"

We're the Planeteers
You can be one too
'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do!

Looting and polluting is not the way
Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

"The Power is Yours!"