Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who writes this BS?

topdog3853

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I was reading through MSN and stumbled on this stupid article.

http://love.msn.com/personals/article3.asp

Anybody else see this. I especially like number 5. "5. We say we want a nice guy, but it's not true
Yes, you know some women — maybe many women — who have gone out with one jerk after another. And if you're in a dating drought, it must be tempting to think we want to date jerks. Don't go there. Be the nice guy. Be a good friend. And don't hesitate to follow your heart when it wants you to be a good friend and something more, too. The woman who responds to you will be the one who appreciates you for who you are. "

Wow, I'm speechless. Its pretty much saying continue being an AFC and by the time your 40 a nice girl will finally settle for you. HAHA. I'm sorry for the poor saps that follow this

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, I would have to disagree with you. I think this post is a lot better than some. I mean at least they aren't saying bring her flowers on the first date.. Dunno.. I don't want an AFC, no way but I don't want a jerk either. I want a DJ, a real man who is sexy, confident, smart, funny and well isn't afraid to go after what he wants and say what he wants and oh yeah, usually get what he wants and when he doesn't he doesn't wine or complain. They forgot to add that women hate men who are whiners.. Men who complain to other girls about their gf.. I had a man do that and it was a big turnoff., men who treat women like ****.. I mean you can do that and be a DJ as well and have her hooked but you need to know your game. A DJ is so dangerous to us because he knows how to be a jerk but doesn't give us any proof of being a jerk.. There is a fine line. Hard to explain but a real DJ never insults his women, never is rude in order to be mean, and is always nice to waiters..

Just my O, tho... I agree with number 4 tho.. maybe as I am there now:eek: ANd have a fear of commitment down deep I think.. Dunno but this crap is a lot more real then some other stuff out there. AKA the rules, how to make any man fall in love with you and all the other loads of crap out there:)

:D

topdog3853

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I guess I dont' think the whole article is terrible, but I am just hooked on number 5, I guess. "Be a good friend. And don't hesitate to follow your heart when it wants you to be a good friend and something more, too. My AFC days were when I was a "good" friend to a lot of girls trying to turn it in to something more, and guess where it got me...not to far.

oskiano

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of a kissass wussy AFC on one end of a pendulum and the passive-aggressive jerk on the other end. Both suck long term. Best to be in the middle. Strong, manly, but not a jerk. A good guy who takes no BS. A real man like we're supposed to be.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think everyone here knows by now the difference between a jerk and a "nice guy". :rolleyes:

I think we can all agree that being a friend first may work in the chick flicks, but a majority of the time in real life it lands you NOTHING except another friend.

Well hey look on the bright side, the more guys that read this crap and believe it the better we look. :cool:

It sucks that this kind of mis-information is being spread everywhere though.

oskiano

Don Juan
Reaction score
It does suck that it is propagating like a virus (mind virus - meme that it is). You gotta wonder what the point is sometimes...

Then again, for those of us in the know, it is creating a red carpet for us, now isn't it?

Cheers

Reaction score
Five myths about women
Randy Hecht, Match.com

When it comes to gender, it's easy to generalize: Women like shopping; men like cars. Women like to soak in bubble baths; men like to toss power tools around. But in reality, most would agree that a person's likes, dislikes and desires are highly individual and not based purely on a single determinant such as biological sex. Here's a look at five major myths that exist about women — and reasons why such beliefs are probably better thrown by the wayside.

1. We're all in a big hurry to marry and start a family
Sure, some of us are. But so are some men. And we don't all view dating as a search-and-destroy mission whose sole aim is to get to the altar — and from there to the maternity ward — as fast as possible. More than a few of us go out with you for the same reason you go out with us — to have a good time and see what happens.

2. We need men for physical protection and financial security
Unless we're actually being attacked, macho heroics can be a serious turnoff, so it's not necessary to lunge at every guy who looks at us in a bar. We can take care of ourselves financially, too; our careers are important to us, and we don't need to be "rescued" from them. Want us to need you? Be communicative and supportive; listen to us; offer us empathy and not just problem solving; show us we can count on you emotionally; and treat us like partners.

3. As twenty-somethings, we're eager to date forty-something men
Yes, it's possible that a 21-year-old could have a great relationship with a 48-year-old. But if your dating radar is focused exclusively on women who are 10, 15, 20 or more years younger than you, you're sending out a clear message about your immaturity — not your youthfulness.

4. Single and over 35 means we're bitter beyond redemption
We may not have made a permanent commitment, but we've had satisfying careers, friendships and relationships. We've explored our interests and the world. In other words, we have not kept our lives on hold waiting for true love to kick in. All in all, that makes us pretty attractive women.

5. We say we want a nice guy, but it's not true
Yes, you know some women — maybe many women — who have gone out with one jerk after another. And if you're in a dating drought, it must be tempting to think we want to date jerks. Don't go there. Be the nice guy. Be a good friend. And don't hesitate to follow your heart when it wants you to be a good friend and something more, too. The woman who responds to you will be the one who appreciates you for who you are.

I was wondering if anyone was as amazed at the crap said in this article as even I was, and I'm no Don Juan or player in any way.

I at least know enough to know not to believe this crap.

A bunch of poor guys reading this thinking that this is the way to be. Ugh. This stuff makes me want to call Ralph on the big white phone.

:mad:

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say that last one is the most horrific! Hang around and be her friend and then maybe more? Oh no no no no. I've been there, done that. I had never once transferred from friend to boyfriend back when I was an AFC bonehead in high school (and I tried a few times). Once your a friend that's it! Everyone here knows that, but hey, if some AFC reads that and wants to beleive it that's fine, every guy can't be a DJ or it would be real hard to find any women lol!