Who The Fck Invented The Stupid St Valentine's Day?

librito

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just hate the 14 of february.....being a womanizer on this day is a freaking pain in the azz. my headackes start every year a whole freaking week before the 14 of february because the women who am dating at that moment start to make plans on what are we going to do toguether on saint freaking stupid valentines day.....
worst of all, they all start to make plans for the night....you can not take them out during the daytime on that day because they know you are doing it to get rid of them so youll have free time for the other woman during the night....
they, expect us to give them gifts and they must be "romantic". the thing for is that Ive being unemployed for 5 weeks already and none of them (3) are getting anything from me this year.
in prior years, i've had to dump women a couple of weeks before ST V because I know I would not be able to handle the bullcrap on that day or the day after. also, Ive had to pospone asking girls out, kissing them or making it "official" until after ST V because I know that I can not start a relationship with a woman and be missing in action on Saint Valentines day or wont have the money for the gifts they want.
I cant even count how many times Ive being dumped on the 15 or 16 of february because I was missing in action on the 14 taking care of the one that I care the most at that moment.
who the fck invented that stupid celebration anyways? I bet it was a freaking AFC or the freaking people who sell us the stupid gifts.
Am I the only who hates this day?

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dannyrt34 said:
I think it's a great holiday if you're EXCLUSIVE with somebody. Other than that, no point.
Mostly to the benefit of women...

I have a suggestion for you get "sick" on the 13th and "recover" on the 15th.

SuavePlaya

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it funny how most guys here hate having good problems. Librito, V-day is only one day in the year does one day of the year really hurt your game that much? If it does just say you are sick every v-day or don't answer your phone.

Vypros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
Mostly to the benefit of women...
That's a bunch of horse****.

It's only to the "benefit of women" if you are a chump and don't know how to get what you want.

How is V-day any different from any other day? It's not.

Perhaps you can explain how it's to the benefit of women, because V-day is like the one day a year you are almost always garaunteed to get laid if you are in a relationship, you are going to get a gift from her (if you buy her a gift and she doesn't get you something on V-day, then you are a doormat chump), and you get to go out and do something fun with the likelihood that you aren't going to get nagged at or fight or argue "because it's a holiday."

So let's look at it:

1. Garaunteed sex with very little prep...AWESOME
2. Receive a gift...GREAT
3. Go somewhere nice and have some fun...COOL BEANS
4. No nagging or arguing....PRICELESS

Sorry man, I'm having trouble seeing how this is a woman's holiday. It's only a woman's holiday if you have her up on some kind of pedastal and think you need to buy her diamonds.

TheFlyOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vypros said:
1. Garaunteed sex with very little prep...AWESOME
2. Receive a gift...GREAT
3. Go somewhere nice and have some fun...COOL BEANS
4. No nagging or arguing....PRICELESS

QUOTE]

Umm I think I can pull off getting these things on any day of the year let alone Valentine's day.

I have to agree with the OP on this one. Valentine's day is definitely a woman's as well as the retail/restaurant industry's Holiday. I can't simply allow myself to buy into the crap.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tell them I'm spending it with my daughter. What can they say but 'awe! thats so sweet!'. lol. I actually am spending it with her, we are going to see Coraline and eat happy meals! I'll catch up with my women next week.

Demon Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think valentine's day is just an easy way for jacked up companies to make money.

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP makes a valid argument. All your plates expect valentine's day to be their day with you. Kinda fvcks you over when you have to tell them your busy.

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell them that you are spending it with your mom or your single buddy who is going to feel lonely....

It's not THAT difficult to get out of having to spend V-day. If they pout, then spend a different day with them otherwise show them the door for not respecting your circumstances (which is that you're spending it with your mom or with your single buddy....may or may not be true but you get the point)

StevenR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It would be funny if you wrote that post on a woman's dating board, or on plenty of fish or something, and see the reaction you get. This has humor value. Seriously I did kinda wonder what plate spinners do on this day, how they manage. The gal I am seeing had a cold when I called her yesterday, and we made out the day before she got sick, so if I were to get her cold on V-day it would be perfectly believable. But in my case I actually do want to take her out on Saturday.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember a friend of mine who didn't get his girlfriend a good enough gift for V-day, and she ended up forcing him to marry her. That'll teach him!

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bat said:
Tell them that you are spending it with your mom or your single buddy who is going to feel lonely....
I'm telling the girls that I'm spending it with my mum who's visiting me (she is, but she won't be here for another month) but I'll be really spending it with my single buddy and we'll be picking up single dateless chicks together in our VDay night out! :cool: Last year's was awesome.

I kinda get a kick out of checking Facebook statuses of the single, dateless chicks where they're trying to reassure themselves of how great & enlightened they are, that happiness comes from within and all that. They always do it near VDay. :crackup:

Jon55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
I remember a friend of mine who didn't get his girlfriend a good enough gift for V-day, and she ended up forcing him to marry her. That'll teach him!

Haha your friend seriously caved and married her? Poor guy.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I am seeing somebody on Valentines, I will straight up tell them that I think its a false holiday, and a corporate conspiracy. Restaurants can jack up their prices, Hallmark can produce millions of V-Day cards, chocolate sales go up drastically, flower shops get booming business.

There should not be one particular day of the year in which you are supposed to celebrate your "love" for someone - any day is a good day for that.

Valentines Day is a fraud.

MascaraSnake

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dated Hallmark holiday

It's just 'pamper your woman' bull**** from women who think their guy has to be subservient. Any modern female with a degree of independence would just chuckle at it. (For the record, I feel the same way about other holidays like Christmas)

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You realize you all sound like women in this thread, right? "Oh, poor me, I'm lonely, desperate and single on V-Day with no date. I think I'll go watch Sleepless in Seattle on the couch with a quart of Chunky Monkey tonight,..waaagh"

*hock, spit!*

Valentine's Day is ripe with opportunity for the DJ with the ability to see it. Go hit the clubs this Saturday night, particularly the ones that cater to a 25-40 y.o. affluent crowd. You'll notice impromptu GNOs (girl's night out) set up just for this occasion to prove to themselves "they don't need men to have a good time." A good PUA couldn't arrange a better opportunity to hook up in multiple sets.

Don't go play 'pity friend' for any girl on Saturday. Call up your best wing man and sarge on the best night of the year to sarge. Wedding receptions aren't even as good as V-Day for this.

Ganondorf

Banned
Reaction score
so none of you have to work on Valentines day??

that's weird, because i sure ass hell have too almost every year

it's not THAT hard to get out of

Dr. Cherry

Reaction score
Serg897 said:
If I am seeing somebody on Valentines, I will straight up tell them that I think its a false holiday, and a corporate conspiracy. Restaurants can jack up their prices, Hallmark can produce millions of V-Day cards, chocolate sales go up drastically, flower shops get booming business.

There should not be one particular day of the year in which you are supposed to celebrate your "love" for someone - any day is a good day for that.

Valentines Day is a fraud.
I think the day was originally intended as a day to "celebrate your love for someone". There is disagreement in on how the day got started, but I seem to think this is the likely story...

St. Valentine was a priest during the reign of the Roman Emperor Claudius. The Emperor recruiting men to serve as soldiers for his wars, but the men preferred not to leave their wives to fight in foreign lands. Claudius was angry, so he declared that there could be no more marriages and that all engagements were cancelled. Valentine didn’t think this was right, so he started secretly marrying couples. When Claudius found out, he threw Valentine into prison. While he was in prison, Valentine and the jailer's daughter fell in love. They could not be together, so they wrote letters to each other. He signed his, "From your Valentine."

Based on this story, I think the day was not meant to be a day to “prove” how much you love someone with candy and cards and fancy dinners. It was more about just being grateful that you were not kept from your loved one by foriegn wars or iron bars.