Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who suffered from depression while or before coming here

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had severe depression most of my teen years, starting around age 14, and lasted until my mid-late 20s, though the worst of it was definitely around my high school years. I would say only within the past 4-5 years I got a handle over it. SS or game/pickup had absolutely nothing to do with it. I thought that doing cold approach and getting laid would help but it did nothing.

Honestly looking back I think the main reason I got better is simply due a few different factors:

The fact that "with time, all wounds heal" and I never let myself veer too far off course
Psychedelic use which helped reorient my life
Generally building wisdom from books, lectures, research, etc.

I've never taken SSRIs or any other prescription medication. I tried years of therapy; didn't work. To this day I am convinced almost all depression and "mental illness" in general is caused by environment/lifestyle, particularly the social/parental environment in which you grew up.

Two books I would recommend to anyone:

The Myth of Mental Illness by Thomas Szasz and In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate.

I also have found Zen Buddhism and Roman Stoicism to be particularly helpful. If you're a nihilistic atheist you're almost guaranteed to have a mental illness; it's no surprise that leftists have significantly higher rates of mental illness across all age groups.
Why stoicism i like that to.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why stoicism i like that to.
As you may or may not know, one of the main benefits of Stoicism (not the type you see in pop culture, such as Spock in Star Trek) is translated as tranquility of mind, basically inner peace. Or at least, that's a large part of what Seneca wrote about. Anyway, the ultimate goal of Stoicism isn't to become emotionless, it's to minimize negative emotions and maximize positive emotions. Rufus was banished to a barren island for several years and thrived. Epictitus was a slave for most of his early life, and a cripple, yet also thrived later in life.

Working your internal mind state always seemed far more important than any external goals. Gratitude, for instance, can go a long way. And there's an interesting parallel with Zen Buddhism for losing attachments and desires and the futility of chasing external validations. When you're depressed you see through these illusions from an early age and realize almost everyone have vices in some form or another as a way to distract themselves from their hollow existence.

Last edited:

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I too am someone who has never had time for depression. If something is wrong, I spring into action to correct it.

I do remember, as I gradually began to internalize evolutionary psychology and the true nature of the modern socio-sexual marketplace, that I was very shocked and quite sad that the world that I thought I lived in was really non-existent.

Then I learned to fiddle while Rome burns…
You want to elaborate?

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had severe depression most of my teen years, starting around age 14, and lasted until my mid-late 20s, though the worst of it was definitely around my high school years. I would say only within the past 4-5 years I got a handle over it. SS or game/pickup had absolutely nothing to do with it. I thought that doing cold approach and getting laid would help but it did nothing.

Honestly looking back I think the main reason I got better is simply due a few different factors:

The fact that "with time, all wounds heal" and I never let myself veer too far off course

I've never taken SSRIs or any other prescription medication. I tried years of therapy; didn't work. To this day I am convinced almost all depression and "mental illness" in general is caused by environment/lifestyle, particularly the social/parental environment in which you grew up.

The Myth of Mental Illness by Thomas Szasz and In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts by Gabor Mate.

I also have found Zen Buddhism and Roman Stoicism to be particularly helpful. If you're a nihilistic atheist you're almost guaranteed to have a mental illness; it's no surprise that leftists have significantly higher rates of mental illness across all age groups.
I agree

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ability to reframe life events helps alot.

i had a pretty easy life until the last couple years. If it was a video game you would say i played it on easy mode other than my education. I found my undergrad degree in engineering to be stressful.While a good student it challenged me to the point where i considered quitting a few times.

i got out and worked for a few years and was extremely bored with my career and wasnt having success with women. It slowly got a bit better and I definitely had alot of great guy friends to party with.

then about the time i got my first serious girlfriend i also got bigtime into PUA and game. She was only the second woman i slept with.

game really helped me. I was confident in my sexual ability from the Mrs robinson type that took my virginity but i had no idea how to handle women in relationships (in some ways i still dont haha)

i went on a tear and have a bodycount i dont wish to report on the sosuave thread. I know one friend with a higher count and one other guy too who almost certainly does so i will gladly take the bronze medal amongst the tribe of several hundred guys i know personally.

that being said when the pandemic hit it all started to crash down on me. Family illnesses, wife causing me major issues after being great for years and general unhappiness as well as a death in the family and a few friends dying from covid almost b

stoicism, friends and a few very religious ones who kept an eye on me and exercise and music saved me

i was definitely depressed. Like too many i denied it. I didnt want medication

i am fortunate i didnt crack but ive been close

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ability to reframe life events helps alot.

i had a pretty easy life until the last couple years. If it was a video game you would say i played it on easy mode other than my education. I found my undergrad degree in engineering to be stressful.While a good student it challenged me to the point where i considered quitting a few times.

i got out and worked for a few years and was extremely bored with my career and wasnt having success with women. It slowly got a bit better and I definitely had alot of great guy friends to party with.

then about the time i got my first serious girlfriend i also got bigtime into PUA and game. She was only the second woman i slept with.

game really helped me. I was confident in my sexual ability from the Mrs robinson type that took my virginity but i had no idea how to handle women in relationships (in some ways i still dont haha)

i went on a tear and have a bodycount i dont wish to report on the sosuave thread. I know one friend with a higher count and one other guy too who almost certainly does so i will gladly take the bronze medal amongst the tribe of several hundred guys i know personally.

that being said when the pandemic hit it all started to crash down on me. Family illnesses, wife causing me major issues after being great for years and general unhappiness as well as a death in the family and a few friends dying from covid almost b

stoicism, friends and a few very religious ones who kept an eye on me and exercise and music saved me

i was definitely depressed. Like too many i denied it. I didnt want medication

i am fortunate i didnt crack but ive been close
I heard that it seems like a lot of my friends who got the education in the early twenties would have been better off taking online classes in the end that really helped me in that regard 40 is the new 20.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Epictitus was a slave for most of his early life, and a cripple, yet also thrived later in life.
Stoicism is the closest thing to a complete practical philosophy ever created by man.

on the note of thriving later in life, Winston Churchill was lord of the admiralty in the First World War. His Gallipoli idea ended up failing and losing thousands of men. It was a huge mistake and ended him pretty much. He spent over a decade licking his wounds, depressed and defeated.

At age 65 he became wartime prime minister and is now considered the greatest Briton of all time. One of the greatest authors too.
His speeches galvanised an empire to fight to the death. One of his finest was in october 1940 when the majority of Britain was being bombed, close to starvation and he dropped this:

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

The rather rambling point I’m making here is that you’re never finished and never too old and to quote Walter white, get up and kick that bastard right in the teeth.

this is the attitude needed to defeat depression.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stoicism is the closest thing to a complete practical philosophy ever created by man.

on the note of thriving later in life, Winston Churchill was lord of the admiralty in the First World War. His Gallipoli idea ended up failing and losing thousands of men. It was a huge mistake and ended him pretty much. He spent over a decade licking his wounds, depressed and defeated.

At age 65 he became wartime prime minister and is now considered the greatest Briton of all time. One of the greatest authors too.
His speeches galvanised an empire to fight to the death. One of his finest was in october 1940 when the majority of Britain was being bombed, close to starvation and he dropped this:

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

The rather rambling point I’m making here is that you’re never finished and never too old and to quote Walter white, get up and kick that bastard right in the teeth.

My ex wife's father flew a hawker typhoon for the RAF in treetop level strafing missions over France. He said there were fewer faces each morning at breakfast, guys that didn't make it back. He took a bullet in the neck, but flew home and landed safely, because he said they drilled it into them to not lose the plane.

Hitler never did understand why you Brits wouldn't just give up.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex wife's father flew a hawker typhoon for the RAF in treetop level strafing missions over France. He said there were fewer faces each morning at breakfast, guys that didn't make it back. He took a bullet in the neck, but flew home and landed safely, because he said they drilled it into them to not lose the plane.

Hitler never did understand why you Brits wouldn't just give up.
Couldn’t have done it without you.

We showed the guts to hold on and we are thankful for the amazing industrial machine that is the United States to come to our aid. And of course the Russians, who gave their sons in vast numbers.

My grandad was on the Atlantic convoys and I think he has horrible memories of that.

Nothing sets me off like a Churchill speach. I get a genuine tear when I hear them.

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score

I agree with your comment about Stoicism. It truly will set you free.

But to idolize a man who facilitated the Dresden bombings in 1945 that ended 50K - 250K lives, is absurd.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with your comment about Stoicism. It truly will set you free.

But to idolize a man who facilitated the Dresden bombings in 1945 that ended 50K - 250K lives, is absurd.
"It seems to me that the moment has come when the question of bombing of German cities simply for the sake of increasing the terror, though under other pretexts, should be reviewed,"
"The destruction of Dresden remains a serious query against the conduct of Allied bombing."

Winston Churchill, February 1945.

don’t forget it was revenge for Coventry, and pales into comparison against frying Japanese women and children alive with atomic weapons to wave the American penis at the Russians.

We had 3 years of bombing our homes. The US had one raid on a naval base and sent their Japanese citizens off to concentration camps (where were their guns and constitution!) and then out came the atomic weapons.

Dresden was a joint op by the way.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Deranged,
Yes your criticism of Churchill may indeed be correct,but have you reflected on the sheer immensity of the War at the time Dresden was bombed?....Perhaps Churchill wasn't even asked about it,maybe just another job for "Bomber Harris"....Hated by most Irish for the Black and Tans,by the Welsh for sending Soldiers into their coal mines,by Indians for the Bengal Famines,by Ukrainians for blocking Nansen Aid going to the starving,it goes on and on....Volumes have been written by and about this remarkable Mans life,we could argue till the Cows come home....By the time he was your age he had fought and observed six wars...A gutsy Bloke who I prefer to remember for his humour....Lady Astor "Winston...You are drunk"Winston "Yes I am,but in the morning I shall be sober,you however are ugly and will wake up like that in the morning..."

Last edited:

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Cannabis?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cannabis?
If you're asking if I used it, I didn't even try it until I was 22, where I started to somewhat heavily for a year or so after a breakup. Otherwise my use was always been pretty light and sporadic with 3-6 months off regularly. At this point I'm mostly over it though.

Last edited:

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres no medal here to be taken, its just trash.

Your not an Alpha you aint ****.

Society is paying for ur failure and immorality.

**** them retards with high body counts. Im doing a movement and gonna be looking to push hard against women sleeping with guys like u high body count guys given i had the complete opposite im good with women long term but cannot do the high body count thing.

I dnt know how I can exactly get ahead of guys with higher body counts. I cant be having anyone men or women thinking some guys with high body counts are above me in any way unless proven alpha male status.

All these guys with high body counts like PUAs if I get any fame or attention I am gonna going after them super hard shaming any woman giving anything to them and any guy talking about high bodycounts.

I have so much anger on this issue for the simple reason when I interact with women today most women I know are not ready to sleep with unless I can provide them long term stability ie marriage long term commitment and for that reason I know I am superior to guys like you.

I actually know that women sleep with loser guys for strs and I know its all trash and cos I plan on having many hot women loyal to me in my group they have to make me look good ie women are gonna be there to make me look good so i cant be having ppl think some PUA having slept with more women is above me im sure u understand I am way superior to those guys and as soon I get some fame Im gonna unleash it trust me I am very charismatic very confident very alpha and I will be putting down guys talking about big notches cos I know women only allow trash guys to have high notches trust me I know this and women know it too.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All this high notch count stuff is from like 10 years ago most women arent as open to those PUA types anymore I am pretty sure its all going down and its easy to see just look at the manosphere there hardly any lay reports and new guys reporting high numbers all that was from a few years ago when the market was in major disequilibrium nowadays I can see it everywhere but guys can correct me if im wrong but it looks like those numbers can only be achieved today with very low quality women

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres no medal here to be taken, its just trash.

Your not an Alpha you aint ****.

Society is paying for ur failure and immorality.

**** them retards with high body counts. Im doing a movement and gonna be looking to push hard against women sleeping with guys like u high body count guys given i had the complete opposite im good with women long term but cannot do the high body count thing.

I dnt know how I can exactly get ahead of guys with higher body counts. I cant be having anyone men or women thinking some guys with high body counts are above me in any way unless proven alpha male status.

All these guys with high body counts like PUAs if I get any fame or attention I am gonna going after them super hard shaming any woman giving anything to them and any guy talking about high bodycounts.

I have so much anger on this issue for the simple reason when I interact with women today most women I know are not ready to sleep with unless I can provide them long term stability ie marriage long term commitment and for that reason I know I am superior to guys like you.

I actually know that women sleep with loser guys for strs and I know its all trash and cos I plan on having many hot women loyal to me in my group they have to make me look good ie women are gonna be there to make me look good so i cant be having ppl think some PUA having slept with more women is above me im sure u understand I am way superior to those guys and as soon I get some fame Im gonna unleash it trust me I am very charismatic very confident very alpha and I will be putting down guys talking about big notches cos I know women only allow trash guys to have high notches trust me I know this and women know it too.
You sound like you need to get laid, man.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like you need to get laid, man.
Bruh look, say I do some cool **** in my life that I put lots of work and effort into and I get some acknowledgement, like ppl know I have alot of girls or I am good with women and say I have like a few of hot girls with me, yeah its gonna make me look good, but some guy out there can still come out and say he banged more women cos he has a notch count of like 100+. Because if I value sex I cannot say much against that, we both value sex some guy banged 100+ chicks I only banged say 10 its gonna make me look bad. I cant be having some random guy be above me.

Ofcourse that is all due to women so in some ways they are gonna have to pay the price and make up for it.

Yeah ofcourse I wanna get laid but at the same time after all the work I put in me getting laid by 1, 2 or 5 chicks in the next few weeks or months is not gonna change the fact that some guy has gotten laid with more.

And so with some of the women I know who wanna be close to me in the future live with me whatever I sent them my above post so they know why Im pissed im sick of women playing games being evasive cos it caused me to lose to PUA types and random guys with high notches and that is all their fault it is all trash hooking up with some random dude on a night out or on holiday ie a ONS it is all gonna end and if I do get fame and influence and create some order anytime a woman wants D she is gonna have to go through the correct 'channels' to make the sure it is going to the 'correct' guys and this they cannot really argue with cos they all know that I am the highest level of guy that brings value so I know which guy and what situation has value so I simply call them out for their lies that they think some other type of guy chad or whatever is sexy.

Ofcourse I wanna get laid but I am an emotional guy it is all complicated and the fact is life and relationships are complicated and all thats happened in the last 20 years is that the wrong type of guys have been getting laid and getting the most and that has never happened before in the history of mankind and im sure it was all wrong because on a wider scale it really isnt happening anymore the PUAs and the STRs its all going down and I dont see men getting higher notches like 10-20 years ago so thats just proof it was all wrong and wrong type of guys and behaviours leading to a dead end but then it needs to me made right and there has to be implications.