Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who do u think is obligated to pay for a date?

silver00

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think that a woman should pay for a date? I do.I believe that if a woman really likes you, she will have no problem paying for herself for the first few dates. There are 2 people in the relationship right.....so starting off shouldn't 2 people pay clost to equal ammounts? what do u guys think?

red6y

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you pretty much got it right. It's great to pay for her every so often, but make sure she pays for herself on occasion as well.

This way, she won't become a gold-digger, and, more importantly, you won't be labelled AFC.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... touchy

It depends on how you asked her out. If you INVITED her, you should pay. It's only being polite. I mean, if someone invites me somewhere, I expect to have that person pay for me.

However, if you suggest going somewhere together, the girl should pay for herself.

So basically, in my point of view, it's just a question of asking right.

Forget My Name

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always pay, UNLESS I am broke she pays for a little of it, but I always try to pay atleast most of the ****, because she doesnt buy me food, she buys me little presents all the time so she pays me back eventually.

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head
Hmm... touchy

It depends on how you asked her out. If you INVITED her, you should pay. It's only being polite. I mean, if someone invites me somewhere, I expect to have that person pay for me.

However, if you suggest going somewhere together, the girl should pay for herself.

So basically, in my point of view, it's just a question of asking right.
What are you, a *****?

Jesus christ be a man lol.

It doesnt matter who invites who or any of that BULLSH1t, if youre going somewhere you pay for yourself unless someone is wanting to do you a favor. IN which case you say "thank you".

If you believe the girl youre going out on a date with thinks youre "obligated" to pay for her, DONT PAY. Screw her ass and leave her on the sidewalk if thats what it comes to. But if she doesnt think youre "obligated" to pay for her, i wouldnt mind covering the bill from time to time, as long as she would do the same for me.

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on the type of the girl, but my attitude is that they should definitely pay for themselves on the first few dates.
I had a lot of experience with girls that were raised to be helpless, and I would gain on a lot of power over her by paying for her. I hope people can relate to what I'm saying. It was a turn-on. Then again, I dated a lot of those "independent woman" types... I usually let them pay for themselves. Hey, you wanna act independent, pay for yourself, then. Go make your own money, too. :p
Cheers.

Sex Ninja

Don Juan
Reaction score
Society expects man to pay for the first date, so isntead of a date just have a get together to find out if she's your type and/or if she's good enough for you. If she refuses to pay her part of makes a big fuss over it, she's failed the test. (of course there are many other requirements but this is the one that applies to this thread)

If you've built enough rapport with her after the first few dates she shouldn't have a problem paying for herself, if she does then dump her. She can't say anything about you being a cheap date for not paying for both of you cuz she's too cheap to even pay for herself!

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sex Ninja
Society expects man to pay for the first date...
What bull****. In the times of equality between the sexes, both are equally expected to be financially responsible for themselves. Do not mistake chivalry with being a lame-ass.
Cheers.

What? You still can't say bull**** on the boards? Or *****? ****? ****'s also a first name. I know a guy named ****. He'll be hella pissed. :)

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's one thing I don't understand:

Women want to be independant and all that stupid-ass bull****, but men still have to pay for 'em? WHAT THE ****?

silver00

Don Juan
Reaction score
"but men still have to pay for 'em? WHAT THE ****?"

No one really says that you have to pay for them, it is just something that some people, (AFC'S,) do. You are not required to do it.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silver00
"but men still have to pay for 'em? WHAT THE ****?"

No one really says that you have to pay for them, it is just something that some people, (AFC'S,) do. You are not required to do it.

Yeah but if society expects it, it means men as a whole have lots of problem in the "equality."

xanderbaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fred, what's wrong with your head? I mean, with the one on your shoulders? :D Check my most recent reply, I think it answers your question completely.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you gonna invite her how you gonna make her pay?? That would be kinda jacked.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing's wrong with my head.... I think?

Anyway, I missed your reply I guess, thanks

silver00

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the posts guys. Thanks you as well Dip and Squy. I have read many posts on this same topic, but I was wondering if anyone had any new ideas. Looks like its still half and half in wheather a guy should pay.:rolleyes:

Canadianpimpology

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the situation sometimes. For example, if I ask a girl to go to a dance, there's no way in hell I'm paying for her ticket, dress, etc. If I ask her to the movies, I usually won't pay for it either. Say we're at a restaurant though and I invited her, I'd pay for it. There's no use splitting the bill if it's one payment.

Mack Of All Trades

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by red6y
Yeah, you pretty much got it right. It's great to pay for her every so often, but make sure she pays for herself on occasion as well.

This way, she won't become a gold-digger, and, more importantly, you won't be labelled AFC.

I Agree.