Who actually enjoys their job??

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I work as a part time shelf stacker outside of school. Its extremely boring, and the sole motivator is money.

Now your turn :up:

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I work as a part time card dealer. I got to see and talk to a lot of people including beautiful gals. Pay is decent for a student. Better than Mcs etc. I can have things I want while not missing a lot of classes. Downside is that I work fri and sat nights.

I enjoy it.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im self employed/small business owner, it is fun and lucrative, nothing better than being your own boss if you're a motivated person. im also taking on a pretty big real estate/construction project with my uncle that probably wont be very "enjoyable" but the money will be enjoyable haha

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I had this typical warehouse job

Loading and unloading 50-60 pound boxes from a truck, stacking them on pallets 7 feet high etc etc

It was the most boringest job I've had because it gets old really quick
I lost it due to beer though ...

those fvcking newcastles man
ohhh welllllll

It also was like a work out for me :D

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm an analyst for a risk management company and it's ok, but what I really want to do is start my own business. Probably in a few years once I have some capital saved up and think of a good idea.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
I sell stuff on eBay, sell on my websites, and do some webdesign freelance/contracted.

To answer your question, I absolutely love my 'job.'

killbill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well im not working at the moment but when I did I was a cashier at the local walmart. It was alright, I got to talk to hotties and people lol.

Now I sit on my ass at home.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My job rocks!! I work at the mall, I basically get paid to bulls.hit with my buddies, watch football, and scope out hot chicks all day. I never have to work before 10am or after 9pm, I get to wear just about whatever I want, and my bosses are like my best friends. Finally, the work we actually do, just basically involves selling s.hit to people, and I'm damn good at it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am looking at taking the bar exam, but dreading being a lawyer. Everyone in the world thinks that being a lawyer is a great job, but they have no idea. Lawyers are miserable; the hours are long and boring. People think the pay is great, but unless you went to a top school - it's not. The average starting salary for graduates of my law school is like $40k/yr U.S.

I met a buddy from high school who now has a wine importing business. He travels Italy with his gf tasting wines to import, and he says they are making money. That sounds a lot more fun that being a lawyer. I am considering starting a business importing Caribbean beer. That would combine two of my favorite things - the Caribbean, and beer :)

foxhound87

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a bartender/bouncer, the money is okay however the hours are bullsh1t. I work when everyone else is partying, there is no shortage of girls (Brought a random one home last night :rockon: ) However the job isn't for everyone, you have to be patient and put up with a lot of bs from people. In saying that, you learn a lot from watching people's interactions. I meet some weired and wonderful people, I might head to Alberta soon and work on the oil patch, the money is excellent but the work is extremely hard. :box:

Chipmonkey

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a paramedic. The hours are long!! I work a 7p-7a shift, but the work is interesting! Not sure if i'd make a career of it though.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work for state government. I like it, it's the most difficult job I've ever held and I do well, I do enjoy it, but there are greener pastures.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

I LOVE my job. It's fun, and cool, and sorta glamorous. And I'm good at it, and I like it, and not many can DO it.

I'm way ahead of the pack, and I like that, too.

My job is AWESOME, to steal a word from my kids, and I like it.

And I'm happy that I DO like it.

-
-
--

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
not sure why this was resurrected but what the heck...

I'm a full time student and part time Mobile DJ/Entertainer. I love it. Great money for minimal amounts of work, get to interact with lots of people and meet tons of girls only drawback is its mainly a Friday and Saturday night job. Which means limiting my own social life drastically....but I love money and theres plenty to be made definitely a Fun job and great investment of time and money

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a software developer, moving into the role of software architect. Love my job although it can be challenging and frustrating at times. Happens to pay pretty well if you're good at it too.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monster said:
I'm an analyst for a risk management company and it's ok, but what I really want to do is start my own business. Probably in a few years once I have some capital saved up and think of a good idea.
"Dont eat that!..Those Nuts have pee in them!" - Ben Stiller (Along Came Polly)

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fvck..i feel like a loser! i haven't held a job in like 10 months...been trying to apply at a couple places but no call backs...maybe something wrong with my resume...you think i should remove the 2 last places i worked (Circuit City/Best Buy) I got fired from those places...but i heard when they call for reference, the places cant say you got fired...just how long you worked there and stuff...is this true?

Roly

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
fvck..i feel like a loser! QUOTE]

Watch your language my friend, your thoughts become your reality. The universe is indeed an abundant place, yet it is very obedient to your beliefs.

I've notice that most of your posts sounds very cynical and sabatoging. Do this instead, picture yourself being a freakin winner, strolling on the beach with a nice smile on your face with the knowing that you have everything in your life- Joy, success and yes ...the women.

Do this daily, feel it and let this source of inspiration flow within your entire being and I can guarantee you mi amigo, that you will be transformed within a matter of days, weeks or two.

I may sound like a cheesy version of Anthony Robbins, but what I say is the truth.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of all of the things that can give a man strength as easily as it can take it away is how he feels about his career. What could make it even more nefarious is whether or not he defines his character by it.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do!!! I'm a full time pimp son!!!