"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

While she's away

nw1512

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2002
Messages
148
Reaction score
2
Age
46
Location
Australia
Guys my gf is in Europe on holidays for 6 months, We still have talk to each other on the phone and email every couple of days.

She emails me when she can get access, and i'm the one who calls her to save on $$ for her.

I've been reponding to her email's and text messages straight away.

Is it a good idea to not respond a couple of times, cause i'm starting to think that being available all the time is making me seem to needy.

What i'm looking for is and tips on Lond Distance Relationships and keeping them alive.

And wether the element of challenge and not being there all the time will start her thinking where i am and what I'm doing.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
why dnt you try talking to her over MSN or yahoo messenger etc using a webcam, that way you can see each other, or better still, over the fone but also connected via a webcam, obviously not too much, maybe just once a or twice a week. I really dnt no what else, she may be looking to cheat on you temporerly, you know, liek fill the gap till she gets back, well try and keep her intrest levles high!

hope ive been a help
 

Oswald

New Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2004
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Not to hijack your post, but I'm wondering the exact same thing about maintaining the heat and spark in long-distance.

My opinion is that the challenge thing doesn't need to be such a huge factor. Thousands of miles separate you already, that takes care of much of the challenge.

HOWEVER, do not let her know all the time what you're up to. Be vague at times about your activities. This is not to say that you should make her suspicious, but make sure you have enough going on in your everyday life so that she'll know you don't waste away your time missing her. Also, when describing to her what you do while she's gone, make your life sound super-exciting and interesting so that she'll miss being around you.

Finally, as in regular relationships, avoid routine like the plague. Don't be there all the time if she calls every evening. Don't respond to her emails instantaneously.

Still be a mystery, but stay in touch frequently enough so that you're always fresh in her mind.
 

nw1512

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2002
Messages
148
Reaction score
2
Age
46
Location
Australia
Anyone else have ideas on how to keep interest level up in a Long Distance Relationship. If you can at all to a certain degree.

I'm over the next couple of months im going to try and lean back a little and let her fill the void.

The problem is she know's she's got me. And without seeing other people i'm not not sure how to let her think otherwise.

This one's becoming a tricky one as I want to keep this gal.
Any advice would welcome.
 

nw1512

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2002
Messages
148
Reaction score
2
Age
46
Location
Australia
Oswald,

Thats what ive been doing being super vague but letting her know that my life is very busy.

Good point about the avoiding routine.

Yeah mystery is what I was looking for, your right the distance nulls any chance about challange

Thanks
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
I've got some great advice, having been through a similar situation.

Live your fukcing life!!! Go out and enjoy it, get with girls, live like a single man would! Dont be a little beotch and winge u feel guilty!! No need to be guilty, I would give you the odds but u will probably cry, she is ALREADY over there fukcing around with other guys!! At least going out, flirting with them and kissing them!! Email her when u get time, talk to her when u get time, but live your life and make the most of it, I dont want to sound repetative but these honestly are THE BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE!!!

Let me guess, she is over there for holidays, or a working holidays (mostly working in London, but also travelling throughout Europe)?

Man, I have seen this situation SOOOOOO many times, knowing both girls are guys who have been in similar situations, having seen both sides of the fence let me tell you this. Out of ALL the people I knew over in Europe, how many didnt cheat? 2!!! One guy waited until his girlfriend met him over there after a few mohths, as soon as she got there she dumped him!! The only girl I know who didnt cheat got home, and two days later her boyfriend dumped her! Just shows you, nice guys (girls) ALWAYS finish last!
 

High Voltage

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 22, 2002
Messages
123
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario, Canada
nw1512,

I feel for you man. I'm in my first long-distance relationship and it's tough. As for keeping things alive, there's really not much you need to do. You need to realize that you can't change her feelings towards you and if her interest level drops there is little you can do to rekindle it. You *must* accept this fact and, more importantly, be *comfortable* with it.

As for challenge, I rarely contact my girl, she usually contacts me a couple times a week. Am I always available to take her calls? Yeah, pretty much. Does it matter? No, not really. I suppose this is where truely "not caring" comes in - having a girl and willing to loose her because you are not playing games.

Now in her absence, don't cheat on her. You will hate yourself. I've never cheated and never will - I know I would hate myself for months afterwards. However, there is nothing wrong with keeping your options open in case things don't work out while she's gone. Go out, flirt with other girls you're likely to encounter again, make them want you. No closing though. Now if things don't work out with your girl you can pick up on one of these chicks. Backup plans are always helpful ;)

Hope things work out for you.

- HV
 
Top