Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whey Protein: Can't stomach it!

LoBo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking the advice of a friend I finally picked up myself a 1 kg bucket of Whey Protein. I figured now would be as good a time as any since I have begun to work-out more frequently. And apparently (results from my friend are quite positive) it works quite well when used routinely. Anyway, you mix one scoop with 250 ml of filtered water, milk, juice, etc. I've tryed both milk and juice at it is disgusting! I just can't drink it like a normal shake without gagging or forcing myself to choke it down. It shouldn't be this hard, but it is. The main problem though seems to be the foam that always collects on top. A lot of foam. It tastes the worst and it never dissipates, yet you always get a good mouthful with every gulp.

Has anyone else ever has this problem? If so, were there any steps you took to overcome the terrible taste? What other liquids could I mix it with? It's vanilla flavoured as that was the only flavour available. I am sure that chocolate and strawberry could possibly be a little better, but they are not available. Maybe I will eventually require a tolerance for it, but for right now, I have to hold my nose when I gulp it down. :D

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I'm no "masta", but you could always try drinking it with a straw to get down past the foam.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a few protien shake tips:

1. Get Optimum 100% Whey Protien
2. Try mixing a banana in there for a different flavor (enhanced)
3. Drop a cup of ice in the blender with it so its more like a milk-shake
4. A few drops of vanilla extract
5. Blend on low power to generate less foam/whipping on the top.

valera

Don Juan
Reaction score
My alter ego is Lactose the Intolerant, so my advice is: if you're not concerned about possible side effects of isoflavones, try a soy-based protein called Spiru-Tein. This mix rocks my socks in terms of flavour.

Mixes worlds better than CellTech, too.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you dont want foam, just put a scoop in a glass and stir with a spoon. There may be a few chunks here and there, but at least there wont be any foam.

You can also mix whey protein in water.

I think your biggest problem is the brand you are using. When you finish your current jug, pick up some EAS Simply Protein (Chocolate), Optimum 100% Whey (Chocolate), or Whey Protein Concentrate from proteinfactory.com (chocolate). These brands are the best of the best in terms of flavor and value.