where the girls are: Sydney or London?

The Package

Reaction score
Ok, I am debating study abroad (I'm in College here in Arizona) And I'm thinking Sydney or London.

From a straight HB standpoint which should I look at? I'm leaning towards Aussie girls, but I have never been to london.

Kind of an odd question, but one where you could really help me out. While women are not the central deciding point, they will probably end up being the tie breaker, both places offer so much with regard to study, and culture.

What do you think, and if you're feeling patient, why?

Thanks!

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Monkey
Sydney women are HOT, London women are stuck up. Go to Australia :cool:
thats a stupid stereotypical answer.

but you shouldn't decide where to go to learn just becuase of hot woman.

there are good looking everywhere.

if it were me i would definatley choose sydney b/c theres a good chance that you will never have another opportunity to go there for the rest of your life

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Monkey
Sydney women are HOT, London women are stuck up. Go to Australia :cool:
thats a stupid stereotypical answer.

but you shouldn't decide where to go to learn just becuase of hot woman.

there are good looking everywhere.

if it were me i would definatley choose sydney b/c theres a good chance that you will never have another opportunity to go there for the rest of your life.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Package
From a straight HB standpoint which should I look at?
Thats what he wanted and thats the reason for saying what I said. It maybe a stereotype but I havent the time to interview millions of women in London and Australia then post the results here.

So to answer his question with a little more depth Australian women are generally more easy going, friendly, ready to meet new people, try new things while UK girls are more reserved, less easy going and more influenced by trends and society.

Get yer ass to Aussieland. All those tanned beauties... :D

WingS

Don Juan
Reaction score
i live in london...for the love of god go to sydney...trust me...for more reasons then just the women (which are mostly nasty here..what we call..."mingers")

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Come to sydney, it's summer, it's warm, lots of good beaches to go to, friendly people, unlike london which you would probably be freezing your ass off at the moment. Thats a good reason.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've lived in London and I will admit that there is a good mix of types of women there. However, I've met several Aussie women and they all have been HB8+. I'd go down under ;) but be prepared for a LONG flight.

Aramas

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been to London, although I've known quite a lot of English chicks and had 3 LTR's with them.

The main difference between English and Australian chicks is that English chicks tend to be a lot 'easier'. As an English backpacker chick that I met recently said "We're all sluts where I come from" :)

London is a lot bigger than Sydney, more expensive to live in, has a crappy exchange rate for $US, pays better and has one of the best clubbing scenes in the world. You can go anywhere in Europe for the weekend.

Sydney has a much better climate, favourable exchange rate and it's thousands of miles to go anywhere different. The distance between where I lived 2 years ago (Tasmania) and where I live now (north Queensland) is about the same as between London and Istanbul, but apart from the climate it's not that much different.

Then there's the question of who hates Yanks more - I think it's probably about even. Whichever place you go to you'll have to adapt your behaviour - don't be loud or pushy and never brag. As long as you don't exhibit the 'Ugly American' stereotype you'll be fine. You should also read the BBC and ABC websites for a while to get a handle on getting your information without a pro-government spin - and bear in mind that what you've been told at home is not much like what the rest of the world hears.

Ideally you should try to do both.

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in London and I've been to Sydney.

GO TO SYDNEY.

The women are nicer, the climate's better, the city is nicer and it's by the beach.

I left a oneitis back there. Damn.. memories.

Austin Allegro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a born and bred Londoner and have never been to Sydney.

Weather will be much better in Sydney, and chicks will probably be easier to approach.

What London DOES have over Sydney is amazing cultural activities, history, nightlife, easy and dirt cheap access to Europe (eg if you get fed up with the weather you can get a flight to sunny Spain for about $60) plus all the history and natural beauty of the rest of the United Kingdom on your doorstep.

As I've said before, native London women can be a bit cold and reserved and subject to fads and fashions. Many wont' be impressed unless you have lots of money or an encyclopaedic knowledge of the latest bands/DJs etc. Also, many student types have a strong dislike of any Americans unless they're anti-Bush/anti-war.

There isn't really a culture of casual pick ups/dating in London - but that can work to your advantage.

But don't worry - London is very cosmopolitan with beautiful women of every nationality. Foreign girls in London are often lonely and receptive to being taken out.

And also, the friendlier/easier girls of the north are only a few hours away by train...

TTAG

Don Juan
Reaction score
its gotta be Sydney..........

and not just for the girls, thats just part of it. come for the long summer days, the refreshing beer, and a fun time.

hell, i have been to Rome, Milan, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Zurich, and Singapore.

Yeah sure, im a sydney sider, but for me when it comes to quality of life, I think Sydney would even have to be better than the US.

you could actually say that this place is very similar to the states, but alot more fun, more easy going, more to live.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been to both. Go to Sydney. Far better atmosphere, more energy in the air. London seems to be just totally grey, and the people seem to be depressed. Sydney is beautiful, has beaches. Both have white girls but the Sydney ones are tanned. London has a lot of Indians, well I think they are actually Paki's, while Australia has a lot of "wogs", i.e. Italians, greeks etc which of course are HOT!

Aramas

Don Juan
Reaction score
For those that might be visiting Australia or Britain it might be wise to point out that Clooney uses extremely racist terms that could lead to being knifed in certain places. I've been told that using the term "wog" (abbr. golliwog) in Britain would probably get you killed. They're about on par with 'ni**er or sp*c in the US.

We have our share of ignorant rednecks here too. A couple of days ago 2 cops in Western Australia were caught driving their patrol car in KKK outfits - apparently they thought it was really funny. Let's see how they enjoy unemployment.

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I live with some "wogs" and they don't get pissed at all if i call them that.

WizardOfOz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I say Sydney.

Yes I live in Sydney (and have lived here all my life). Over the years I've met a lot people who have moved here permanently from England. I can't think of a single person who's done the reverse.

I've never been to London but that will change next year. Believe it or not I'd like to live and work there for 6 months or so to see what the place has to offer. If you come here (to Sydney) you'll discover that it's quite common for Aussies to do that. I know a lot of people who have and as far as I can think none of them have ever come home bragging about the women (leads me to think they can't be too spectacular compared to our local girls).

Now if you like warm weather you'd be nuts to go to London. We've got it all here and beautiful beaches to go with it too. Which means plenty of opportunities to see women wearing next to nothing.

Most Sydneysiders are more than happy to meet people from overseas. We welcome all foreigners with open arms. AND the local girls often seem to pick foreign guys over locals (yeah it bugs me a little but hey there's plenty of women to go around).

I think most people would agree that us Aussies are generally more laid back and easy going than our English cousins.

In regards to the whole cosmopolitan/multicutural thing. We've got women from all over the world. We have nightclubs catering to all different ethnic groups eg Italian, Greek, Serbian, Portuguese, Indian, Chinese and of course we have good ol' Aussie pubs full of Aussie women with plenty of (mostly) European backpackers thrown in for good measure. And then there are always the flash high class night spots full of people with more dollars than cents/sense.

In keeping with the true Aussie spirit I'll happily offer to show any of you guys around my home town.

And last but not least we even have a pub/bar in Sydney called Arizona's. If that doesn't convince you to come here, then nothing ever will.

Aramas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OzzyBoy
I live with some "wogs" and they don't get pissed at all if i call them that.
Calling friends that is ok in AU, but don't try it on a stranger. They call us 'skips', so it's all ok amongst friends. Some English backpackers I met were absolutely horrified that anyone would say that - they reckon that to use that word in the UK would be the equivalent of a death wish. Can't say that I know it to be true first hand though.