Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where have all the real martial arts gone?

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So im sitting at my desk, checking out a video of a ucf match. I used to like this stuff, but lately, I'm begining to see its garbage. This extends to boxing, and other martial arts as well. The last few boxing matches i've seen, were only slightly better than the MMA matches. In mma(ufc, pride, etc) there is no real martial arts, its just idiots swinging punches and kicks wildly, hoping one will connect. Where are the fakes, the sidesteps, the motions, the traps?? They just don't exist anymore. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think the reason these fights SUCK, is because none of these guys took the time to progess enough in one art to actually start being able to read opponents..your supposed to be able to tell what the guy is going to do before he does it? And then the unmixed arts, wtf is this point bs?? who the hell cares if you tap a guy on the head with a kick...one kick to the head should put the guy on his ass... ugh....what do yall think?

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The UFC has people who swing punches and kicks wildly? I suppose some of them do but most of those guys know what the **** they are doing.

"none of these guys took the time to progess enough in one art to actually start being able to read opponents..your supposed to be able to tell what the guy is going to do before he does it?"

have you seen them train? They train for hours a day, 24/7 in multiple schools of MMA and Im sorry to tell you there is no way to read someone elses mind and know what he is going to do before he does it. I dont know what fantasy world you think you live in but I have followed the UFC, K1, boxing, KOTC, etc for years and the sport has evolved.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you don't read anyones mind, you read the body. You can read where their weight is, that alone will tell you if they are going to be going foward or going backward.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
alright im on t3 at work, and it hasn't loaded in like 5 min now... is that just me???

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
you don't read anyones mind, you read the body. You can read where their weight is, that alone will tell you if they are going to be going foward or going backward.

I know what you were trying to say I was just giving you a hard time. But still, my opinion is the same. I believe the UFC talent has gotten better, not worse.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ohh yea definitely... but i would still like to see some more tatics than just all out brawling...maybe a fireball, lol

MT3

Banned
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
Where have all the real martial arts gone?
I suppose you're talking about the ones in the movies ey?:rolleyes:

Exactly what martial art are you a blackbelt in? Because it seems like you have no idea, at all, about martial arts.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
ohh yea definitely... but i would still like to see some more tatics than just all out brawling...maybe a fireball, lol
If you are agreeing with me then I think I might have missed the point of your first post?

Are you saying you want to see kung fu in the ufc again? Remember what happened to the kung fu experts who faced gracie and the wrestlers in the first year or two of the UFC? They got their kung fu asses raped and ground and pounded into meat. The same with the boxers.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
actually this is my 16th year in the martial arts.. and i was agreeing with you on the fact that yes, the ufc, pride, k1 has evolved..my point is that its still majority a fury of punches and kicks with no real point. I don't care what martial art you do, the fundamentals are all the same in all of them. Beginners avoid getting hit, advanced and intermediates fake, get their oppenent to commit, then do something. Experts read body movement, weight shifts, and can predict what your next move is.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MT3 said:
I suppose you're talking about the ones in the movies ey?:rolleyes:

Exactly what martial art are you a blackbelt in? Because it seems like you have no idea, at all, about martial arts.

MT3, i've been doing martial arts since i was 6.. i got my assed kicked even after i got my first degree.. Eventually i had to learn how people fought, i had to learn to sidestep, i had to learn to trap people. I left for college and have fought many other styles : bjj, kunfu, karate, judo, muy tai... hell i've beaten the **** out of some so called masters, and its all because i can read body movement fairly well, but i trap, fake, and motion extremely well... and the ground and pounders, this is my 3rd year in bjj.. i can effectively take it to ground and get out of a ground situation. So if you want a lesson, i'll send you my card, otherwise STFU.

MT3

Banned
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
hell i've beaten the **** out of some so called masters, and its all because i can read body movement fairly well

but i trap, fake, and motion extremely well... and the ground and pounders, this is my 3rd year in bjj.. So if you want a lesson, i'll send you my card, otherwise STFU.
Yeah and you still think fighting is all about two people cricling each other having a staring contest.

And just exactly have you got a black belt in?

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well i've got a 4th in WTF tae kwon do ...but since it became an olympic sport is become a point system cardio workout for women, which sucks... but it doesn't matter what rank you are, all i am saying is that if im paying 49 dollars to see a damn ppv fight(ucf, pride, k1, boxing) whatever, i want to see some tatics and not two people just throwing anything and hoping it lands, which the MAJORITY of fights are today

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MT3 said:
Yeah and you still think fighting is all about two people cricling each other having a staring contest.

And just exactly have you got a black belt in?

starring contest... you seriously need my card, whats your address... i'll give you a few free private lessons

MT3

Banned
Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
starring contest... you seriously need my card, whats your address... i'll give you a few free private lessons
Ha ha ha Internet tough guy. You must be a real ***** in real life.

lol If you feel like comming to England, do it, you obviously ain't sh1t.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im still going to go ahead and disagree with you. For instance a lot of people call chuck liddell the biggest ***** ever to hold a belt int he ufc because he waits for people to come to him and counter punches. Lets forget that he got knocked the **** out by rampage. He uses a certain technique and it works for him. He is not a grappler, he is a counter puncher. To me, that says that not only is he using technique but he is predicting his opponents punches and kicks and even predicting their take downs so he can defend against them.

Now if you want to discuss tank abbott then Ill go ahead and agree with you that some fights are nothing but bar room brawls.

And Im not saying that there are'nt any wild punches, kicks, jumping knees, superman punches or whatever but I am saying that a lot of technique comes with these well named fighters. Sure, if they take a knee to the head they might start swinging wildly but come on, they must have so much adrenaline pumping through them that they are going to flurry every now and then.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
why would i want to go to england...you guys lost in the contender.. anyway, im just pissed at having to pay for ppv for crap fights, whether its in the ufc, boxing, pride, k1... now, wait, are there any ppv women's mud wrestling, i don't care about technique there

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been to england...once you win juniors over here in the US, you can head to the English and french opens.... anyway, im just pissed at having to pay for ppv for crap fights, whether its in the ufc, boxing, pride, k1... now, wait, are there any ppv women's mud wrestling, i don't care about technique there

Reaction score
blackbelt2k said:
well i've got a 4th in WTF tae kwon do ...but since it became an olympic sport is become a point system cardio workout for women, which sucks... but it doesn't matter what rank you are, all i am saying is that if im paying 49 dollars to see a damn ppv fight(ucf, pride, k1, boxing) whatever, i want to see some tatics and not two people just throwing anything and hoping it lands, which the MAJORITY of fights are today
Sorry to break it to you... MMA master but most of the "moves/techniques" you learn are NOT USEFUL AT ALL during STREETFIGHTS and actual fist to fist combat. What are you smokin? You obviously don't know about PRIDE or FEDOR EMILIENKO, he's the best MMA fighter and can submit and strike. Watch some of his matches and you'll see SKILL. If you look closely the ppl are in fact doing complex joint moves, it's just that most moves in MMA aren't useful in a quick fight situation like UFC or PRIDE. If you want to see "techniques" just watch the olympics. (Judo/Karate)

I'm a fan of UFC and PRIDE, it's fun to watch ppl with different MMA backgrounds fight each other. Go watch fights by the best not preliminary fights... if you don't like it then... why are you paying for it? I watch the fights free on SPIKE or Youtube. Also threatening other ppl with your "martial arts skill" is against one of the BASIC fundamental rules of Martial Arts... its' ok though you probably did "Americanized MMA" anyways, if you really wanna see martial arts go to Japan, Korea and China.

blackbelt2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not consider myself a master in anyway, and your quite wrong, all the techniques you learn are effective in any martial art, its just depends on if you really understand how to use them...but, anyway, I do watch pride, k1, tai boxing ... I said the majority of it is bad, of course there are a few outstanding fighters.