Where do you draw the line?

Big Bad Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
At what point do you draw the line between being insecure and not putting up with sh@t?

What to do in this situation?

A man asking my girlfriend out/constantly hitting on her even though he knows she has a boyfriend. She is selling Condo's for him, he is the builder. She is tied to him for a paycheck for a short period of time, 6 months.

This type of situation comes about on a daily basis, do I always let her handle it? At what point does it become a respect issue to where I step in and say enough?

If I say something to her or to him, will it always appear that I am the insecure one?

Thanks,

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if it happened once, and she told him she was involved with you, he should have respected that and stopped . if you were upset at that , i would be saying you might be a little insecure because shes probally good looking and is going to get hit on.

however, if he asks her out or comments on her looks and makes remarks and doesnt stop, you are not the insecure one.
this is someone she deals with on an employment level/ atmosphere. this is sexual harrassment.

im assuming she is telling you because she needs her job and has to work with them so she is doing what she can and dealing with it, not realizing that it really can be a form of sexual harrassment. shes telling you because his behavior is making her feel uneasy and she doesnt want it.

you can either go take up for her and tell him you arent dealing with the **** or she can tell him to control his behavior or she will have to take action. shes going to be too scared to say this , however if she loses her job or suffers in anyway for it, there are laws to protect her .

you need serious research on it.
let me see what i can look up.

Big Bad Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
She is a very attractive older woman and is constantly hit on, I have no problem with that. But how long do I put up with it from an individual? She works in a male dominated culture. She is a realtor and gets lots of these opportunities based on her looks. Burning bridges isn't an option to her, because she may have to work with someone again down the road.

Do I just need to let this go and let her handle it? I do not want to be a thorn in her side when it comes to her income. I also do not want to look like a chump and let people continually disrespect me. Just wondering where the line is

Thanks for your input.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well yah, your gonna have to let her handle it i guess.
on one hand, you know shes very attracting and it probally makes you feel good that she does get hit on and you have her all to yourself.
on the other hand, you could show up and pick her up for lunch or meet her and walk up in front of that dude and give her a big ass kiss and sweep her off her feet have her leave with you and go to lunch or soemthing. that will be like a kick in the nads for him.
then you wouldnt even need to say a word to him and still accomplish letting him know that he is nothing.