Where are we going?

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sitting here trying to figure out just what it is I want to do with my life. I can't find a job in my mind that really appeals to me so I went about figuring out what I like to do. I like sports, but my job won't go that way. I like video games... I play alot of video games... Shall I make video games?

Summer is here folks and we're almost done with school. Some of us are going to college and some are entering high school. What are we going to do with it?

We came to this site to stand out. We wanted to become succesful with women and success is an understatement these days for what we are doing with women. Well, I want to stand out in life. I'm going to get a job this summer so that I no longer need allowance. I'm running a "at-home" computer repair shop thats bringing in a nice flow of cash.
We goto school to get a well rounded tool box because we don't know what we want to do so we are best prepared to do a wide range of things. Hell, we are going to college to continue in a slightly more specific way. But why? Why goto college? Because everyone else is doing it? because we may get a degree that will make our success more probable... Those aren't reasons.

What the hell are we doing with our lives?! Why the hell are we just continuing the way we have been taught to? How can we be successful in this game when we don't know what our objective is? What are you doing with your life that is so great? How do you stand out?

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can cry on my shoulder.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is plain worrying too much. It happens, but nothing good ever comes out of it.

Learn to live with the moment, doing the best that you can do, but not really worrying about the next day. It's just too much of a hassle.

No matter what your future is, you'll get there, and when you do, you'll see where you were headed. Deciding now is dumb because ideas and mindsets change all the time, you might want to be a doctor today, but you might want to be an ice cream man tomorrow. If you feel you are living a good life, nothing else matters. Worrying is not a positive part of life, so just avoid it. Do the best you can and you can't regret it later.

It's our job to live our lives today, leave it up to the prophets, fortune tellers, and school counsellors to tell us about tomorrow.

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to college so I can get a good job, make lots of money, and retire young so I can do whatever I want with the rest of my life.

Financial independence is my goal. That's what I'm doing with my life.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Da Game
Agreed.

And this is by no means worrying NRM.

Reaction score
You absolutely will never know until you are there...Many aspire to do things but end up taking different routes wether for good or bad. We just never know, BUT I agree that we shouldn't worry about it. Go with the flow(accordingly) and enjoy NOW because thats where you are. Take each day on its own, or try to. Happiness comes in many different sizes and shapes perfect for every man and woman on this earth because we are also all different. But to attain happiness we can't just sit at home and be lazy. We've got to give forth effort. LOTS OF IT, in order to achieve this. And sometimes that isn't even worth it, but it does not give an excuse to mope around. Do you what you f*cking love, do something that you could take into as a career, you have to do a lot thinking, but not worrying, because if you worry it really isn't doing anything but keeping you from achievieng, conquering, etc...

Be true to yourself and where you're from. Never ever ever conform like the rest, because you aren't expressing your full, and true potential.

Where are we going? we don't know, but we can't replace it either. The pieces will gradually fall into place as the years fly by.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can never ask yourself "Where am I going?" because the truth is, you'll never find out until you get there.

I prefer to ask myself "What am I getting ready for?" Ask yourself this. What are your answers?

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really want to know where the destination lies... it is death. Everything that we do in life is merely stops along the road. This then gives you two options... enjoy the journey and enjoy life... or worry about getting to your destination and enjoy death.

Pick your poison...

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to college so I can get a good job, make lots of money, and retire young so I can do whatever I want with the rest of my life.

Read Rich Dad, Poor Dad if that's your goal: getting a college education and working for your money just doesn't work like they tell you it will, not when there's 4 million other college graduates after the same job you are.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to college so I can get a good job, make lots of money, and retire young so I can do whatever I want with the rest of my life..
If only it were that easy.. college doesn't ensure these results, college is just a place to gain skills that you might use to reach that goal.. Having said that.. I can think of alot cheaper alternatives to college.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what like free college in Scotland if you are scottish

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Matrix: Reloaded
If you really want to know where the destination lies... it is death. Everything that we do in life is merely stops along the road. This then gives you two options... enjoy the journey and enjoy life... or worry about getting to your destination and enjoy death.

Pick your poison...
Ay sir. I would not consider them poison because you're looking at death as if it was completly different from everything else.

I do enjoy my life.. Very much so. This is not about worrying. It's about having goals and sticking to them. We all had goals when becoming DJs. Once we got there, we just set new goals and kept going. Well I want to know where one of my stops is. Already, I'm picking my class for next year. Science, litterature or economy. My choice is severely limiting my possibilities in college because each has it's own set of classes. I don't need to know what job I want or even if I want to go to college. I want to know what the **** I want to do with my life.

I haven't been working towards much in the past while.. besides learning some humility.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LikRetsam
Ay sir. I would not consider them poison because you're looking at death as if it was completly different from everything else.

I do enjoy my life.. Very much so. This is not about worrying. It's about having goals and sticking to them. We all had goals when becoming DJs. Once we got there, we just set new goals and kept going. Well I want to know where one of my stops is. Already, I'm picking my class for next year. Science, litterature or economy. My choice is severely limiting my possibilities in college because each has it's own set of classes. I don't need to know what job I want or even if I want to go to college. I want to know what the **** I want to do with my life.

I haven't been working towards much in the past while.. besides learning some humility.
You always seem to miss my points LikRetsam... so perhaps I will translate it or something.

We never really know what we want to do in our lives because things like goals, objectives and such continue to change as we grow. I wanted to be a doctor just one year ago... now a lawyer, I wanted to be a scientist before that... get my point? The stops along the road always changes, but the destination is always the same. I am not speaking of death as a seperate entity, in fact... life and death are one in the same.

Your stops LikRetsam are where you choose them... but champ, slow down... you are only 15 man. You can be a frivilous teenager and no one will kill you for it. When I was your age, I was the same exact way, and then my dad told me this: "By the time you realize what you want to do in life, you will already be at a time where you will be doing it." I never understood what that meant until I turned 19. I am watching four of my friends that I have known since they were freshman or sophomores graduate in the next couple of days... do you know how fucking old I am starting to feel? Do you know how much I long for those days when I could basically do whatever the hell I wanted to, and it not affect anyone around me (or at least to a small extent) but me?

Right now, you are in the tourist part of the journey LikRetsam... trust me... enjoy the scenery while you can.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by gav
what?!?
so how much do you pay for university in Scotland then

gav

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JSH
so how much do you pay for university in Scotland then
just over 1000 a year + accomodation (3000 a year) + beer money etc

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Matrix: Reloaded
You always seem to miss my points LikRetsam... so perhaps I will translate it or something.

We never really know what we want to do in our lives because things like goals, objectives and such continue to change as we grow. I wanted to be a doctor just one year ago... now a lawyer, I wanted to be a scientist before that... get my point? The stops along the road always changes, but the destination is always the same. I am not speaking of death as a seperate entity, in fact... life and death are one in the same.

Your stops LikRetsam are where you choose them... but champ, slow down... you are only 15 man. You can be a frivilous teenager and no one will kill you for it. When I was your age, I was the same exact way, and then my dad told me this: "By the time you realize what you want to do in life, you will already be at a time where you will be doing it." I never understood what that meant until I turned 19. I am watching four of my friends that I have known since they were freshman or sophomores graduate in the next couple of days... do you know how fucking old I am starting to feel? Do you know how much I long for those days when I could basically do whatever the hell I wanted to, and it not affect anyone around me (or at least to a small extent) but me?

Right now, you are in the tourist part of the journey LikRetsam... trust me... enjoy the scenery while you can.
hah.. I got it this time =) . Indeed, I will gladly obey.