Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

When your wingman disappoints you... tell me i'm wrong.

guerreiro

New Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
This is kinda long.

It happened last Saturday. I hadn't seen him in a while, and he calls me and we decide to go out to a nightclub pick up girls.

I've known this guy for like 13 years (I'm 23) and I have always considered him one of my best friends (not night pick ups friends). We always helped each other out a lot.
(Thinking back, I actually helped him a great deal more).

Actually in the last few years he had gone down a little bit in the friend scale, one of the reasons being he can be selfish like hell about some things and that just pisses me off (it was not about girls then).

But anyway, I figured he's human and we all make mistakes once in a while.

Wrong!

We went out and things were going very smoothly, we were at the club and we approached chicks that were friends. We both did our thing and picked them up. He was driving, and he said he was going to leave the girls at a bus stop because they lived a bit far from the place.(we could've banged them right then, but there was a third friend who "wanted to go home" so the other two were a bit shy about it).

Well, that's what we did, we went and stopped at the bus stop. Unfortunately, I began to sober up very quickly and realize that my girl wasn't all that. On top of that, she said she was feeling kinda sick so we just stopped doing anything, prolly her IL dropped as well. (Funny fact: yesterday she sent me a msg saying I'm sorry.)

For some reason, my "friend" decided to wait up with the girls (it was like 5 am) and the frigging bus just wouldn't arrive. Of course he wanted to wait, he was the only one getting busy (well him and his lady).

I said "let's go home" like 5 times and he wouldn't even recognize what i was saying. "well he's completely drunk", i thought. suddenly he got in the car with her without saying anything and i thought that's it, i'm tired and going home alone. no "big deal" there yet.

I said goodbye to the girls and went grab a bus for myself. Well later i found out he ended up banging his chick, but that's not the point. Today he called me and said "what was up, were you crazy going home alone, if you had told me you wanted to go home, I'd go right away".

Ha! That's total BS. You were drunk like hell, my friend, and there could've been a holocaust around and it wouldn't have made a difference.

"Well you see I'm not calling you to apologize or anything, but I 'know' you were probably angry so I was just wondering what happened".

Well, thank you so much for that. But please enlighten me, how could you "know" that?

I don't care if the night sucked (and it didn't for the most part). I don't care if he was going to screw (up to that point i was cheering for him).

What pissed me off was the fact the he was laying the blame on ME, for not "telling" him that i was tired and ****. For f*cks's sake, I *yelled* at him. I'm angry because he was distorting the facts, that's it. He couldn't admit he screwed up.

It may sound like I'm bitter because he actually got to bang her, but I've been doing that at least twice a month (thanks to this site) and he hasn't for quite a while. Actually he was a bit of a downer when the night began, and I did everything to help him pick up a chick.

Then he gets drunk and thinks, "f*ck everything", and that unfortunately included myself.

Actually things like that had happened before, but I never got angry, specially because "wingmen" aren't exactly known for their consideration with others. We just go there, we help each other out, we go bang (or not) and that's it, see ya next weekend. No problemo.



But with someone I thought was a friend... I mean, I drink quite a bit and I know how it is when you see the opportunity, but I'd never do the same to him. It's not worth it. I would have told him to go, or something, or at least call him and apologize for being selfish. This is such a disappointment I'm gonna start going out on my own again.

To me, this friendship is over, cos i can't trust him anymore. What sucks even more is that i'm starting to sound like a girl (i know), and god i don't want that.

someone please tell me that i'm over-reacting and that it was no big deal. am i being a wuss? is he a loser? enlighten me and show me the truth, you DJs.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
215
Reaction score
0
Age
69
Location
Ohio
you sound like a hurt puppy dog because he got laid and left you on the side of the road after you insisted that you were gone.

drive the next time and leave him at home.

you sound a bit more worried about a friendship where he finally got laid at your expense than what you really care about yourself.

IF you were cool about the whole thing, you would write this off as experience, stay sober the next time and go alone on your next adventure.

would you rather show your ass at him and fret about the whole thing or get on with your game plan?
 

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 7, 2002
Messages
898
Reaction score
0
Age
44
i know how you feel. i enjoy going out with my best friend, but he has ZERO game and does NOT know how to be a wing man. Then one time, Maxim came out with a guide to be a Wingman. I gave that to him and he read it. After that, he understood why I do the things i do when i go out and he improved greatly after that.
 

willo

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Brisbane Australia
some times it's hard when....

your mates are complete asses with women.

An example:
I was not single at the time in a LTR
I offered to wing for a mate of mine when he said a chick was hot...... I went up started the conversation, happened to see a good mate of mine (him) told them they should meet as he is such a great bloke; introduced him to the target, kept the friends away. He says almost nothing, so I introduce him into the conversation topic and ask for an opinion .... still nothing. The target loses interest and non-target starts showing buying signals. Seeing this he comes up and tells the girl I have a girlfriend already... fu*cken bas tard. Some guys are not worth helping.
Cheers
BTW thanks for the opportunity to have a rant
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by guerreiro
He was driving,

Ha! That's total BS. You were drunk like hell, my friend,

Taking the bus wasn't a bad idea after all.

Anyway, there are two sides to every story.

I dunno whose side to take on this one, man. It seems we have two conflicting pieces of the "Guy Code" here. On one hand, your buddy left you hanging at the bus stop so he could get laid (breaking the Bros before H0s rule), but then on the other hand, you HAD a girl and instead of biting the bullet, or at least following them home and then bailing or calling a cab or something, you tried to step in your buddy's way by making him drive you home (breaking the Don't stop a friend from getting laid rule). Both are pretty high up there on the "Guy Code". LOL

What we have here is a failure to communicate. You and your buddy should've had a conference in the car after the girls got out at the bus stop and decided whether he was driving both of you home, or if you were making other arrangements. (He could've at least covered your bus fare at that point :p )

But instead you both assumed the other was covered. And you know what happens when you assume. :D
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
u ****in sh1t, if he was so off his face why are u upset about it. If he is a friend, let it blow over, especially if he was drunk.
 

Click Here

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2002
Messages
386
Reaction score
1
Location
Virginia Beach
That guy sounds awesome. I'm not suprised he got laid he sounds like a stereotypical jerk and an awesome one.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
A good enemy is your friend, he knows where to strike.

The only friends I need are people who submit to me and consider me an alpha or equal. No bull****ting/gameplaying whatever. Remember the saying "Finding the girls is easy, finding the boys to back you up is harder"
 
Top