"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

When you can't think of a date idea...

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Is it alright to just hang out or say something like...."don't worry, we'll think of something fun to do"

Especially if you know the girl is not into "action" things. I'm not into the coffee date, movies, or bowling....because I see that stuff as things you do afterwards. I mean, you don't always need to go bowling to start off a relationship or something like that. I hate going to the movies for the first date as well, it's just a little too stereotypical for me. Lunch/dinner is ok, but only if it's spontaneous and there's a real reason. It's winter here..maybe I can get her walking..then engage in a little snow fight. Bike riding would be fun..but too bad it's freeeeezing, ****.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

RiceHapa888

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 17, 2004
Messages
118
Reaction score
0
Location
San Francisco
ya sure its ok to wing it and say ...."don't worry, we'll think of something fun to do"
but you better come up with something fun IMO
of course just being with each other should be fun....
like if its just the beginning of your dating her then since its winter I definately recommend ice skating at the mall then walk around in the mall and go from there- you can lead her outside if there is perhaps a park nearby...
 

dookie

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Personally, I would think about date ideas before hand, if you do have to say something then say something like "I will think of something (in a confident manner... w/out any hint of nervousness)" The girl that I'm kinda into atm, I am planning a get together with some coffee at first, have fun for an hour or so and then transition to an outdoor ice-skating ring and then depending on the circumstances, movie at her place (Orgazmo (she is morman hehe) or Secretary, or even Snatch cuz she hasn't seen either of those movies). I wouldn't do dinner date cuz it becomes to formal and you wasted some good money if things don't work out. Coffee and some sort of recreation is usually fun and cheep. As far as movies go, it kinda depends. I wouldn't go to one with a girl I just met but if I liked a co-worker then I wouldn't mind suggesting that. I would also suggest doing a search on "Date ideas" on this forum. There are some threads on that topic.
 

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2004
Messages
1,143
Reaction score
13
Age
44
Location
Pittsburgh
this is where having and apartment or your own place is important. My biggest problem is we both wind up in my car and ask eachother what to do (or she asks me). I wanna be able to say lets go to my place until 'we' think or something but i don't wanna take her to my mom and stepdad's ranch house so soon.....it's embarrasing, another thing i find that sucks about having a girl around your friends is that they usually do everything in their power to embarass you.....i know they're just busting balls but it wrecks the auro i wanna portray
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Take a girl ice skating. Best date for real.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
lol..hmm... i'm a really athletic guy, but... one problem, i haven't ice skated since I was a kid haha. I roller blade a lot in the summer and they're extremely similar obviously, but I don't wanna risk it with the ice skating. Like if she's better at me at it..that wouldn't look to well.
 

Julian

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
4,754
Reaction score
1,216
Dude you are missing the point.

Its a good time, plus its great for ALOT of kino...i mean as long as you arent looking like a massive cornhole on the rink you should be ok.

Just get her some hot cocoa afterwards, bring her to your place and BAM , your under the bearskin rugs.
 

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
Originally posted by Julian
Dude you are missing the point.

Its a good time, plus its great for ALOT of kino...i mean as long as you arent looking like a massive cornhole on the rink you should be ok.

Just get her some hot cocoa afterwards, bring her to your place and BAM , your under the bearskin rugs.
I know it's great for kino..holding her hips trying to help her out etc..I just don't want it to be a situation where she's helping me lol
 

dookie

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 28, 2004
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Age
46
I am taking her ice skating cuz neither of us know how to... and Julian is right, its great kino time. Plus, if you do fall or if she falls, it will give you more material to joke about afterwords :) If she is helping you, you can say something like, "Now I know why you said Yes... You just wanted a reason to grab me all over" or something like that ;)
 
Top