When will you guys realize that LOOKS are almost all that matters!?

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Veridin said:
You have more than 3,000 posts in this forum, and you're still doing amateur-level reasoning that anyone can see the flaw in. You are seriously countering the statement that looks matter by saying that millionaires without looks get women?

If all looks are equal and don't matter, how can you even tell that those guys are ugly?

And in your next post there, I see you are mocking people who actually have some knowledge of why looks matter, why evolution has made it so. It is obvious there is evolution involved, something like the strong attraction to certain physical traits doesn't just happen without a reason. Your aggression toward that - even when no one had posted about it - can only mean ... you simply don't want it to be true. Because it isn't to your advantage.

Okay. How about this: looks don't matter in your case, because you are a total PUA and the women don't even care how you look, they just want you no matter what.

And Tom Cruise got the role in Top Gun based on his acting skills only. Anyone with the same acting skills would have landed that role, no matter how ugly. The women would have swooned over him all the same.
Haha cherry picking is great innit? 1. Not a PUA. 2. Not a good looking guy myself, I date average girls on my own level. 3. Read my posts and remove your blinders. 4. Looks, Money, Status, Game. Any of those can get you a girl. 5. We are talking about dating, not movie roles. 6. Believe what you want, as long as you get what you want, be happy, if no, keep arguing...its gonna help right? 7. hahahahahhahahahahahha.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a very blunt way to solve this never-ending debate. Whenever somebody is going on about "looks not mattering", ask them to post a picture of a man they consider "not good looking."

Chances are it will be laughable. It'll be some lean dude with a slight flaw somewhere.

I remember one example posted on this very forum, no joke, was Mark Walberg. Seriously. Mark fvcking Walberg, millionare, famous, graced the cover of numerous Fitness magazines, made his early career by having his shirt off all the time . . No offense to whoever posted that, but I mean, COME ON. That said it all to me.

One side is talking about guys with serious problems in the looks department, the other is talking about Mark Walberg. This is the entire problem.

LoneWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
last night i was out with my friends. one of them was a girl and she was 20. she was saying she was talking to a cute guy at the party but he was BORING. so he blew it regardless of his looks. looks is just the bonus. foot in the door. average/ugly guy would get the same girl with an awesome personality. so girls really do care more about personality and attitude etc more than looks.

Kirro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneWolf said:
last night i was out with my friends. one of them was a girl and she was 20. she was saying she was talking to a cute guy at the party but he was BORING. so he blew it regardless of his looks. looks is just the bonus. foot in the door. average/ugly guy would get the same girl with an awesome personality. so girls really do care more about personality and attitude etc more than looks.
This is true to a degree. In my experience though, the guys in great shape, the ones with great style, the pretty boys all fight an easy battle, its their battle to lose, the ones who fail lack game/charm/personality/social skill because they talk themselves out of getting laid....the guys with little to no superficial hamster value who must use the intangible alone to attract women still have somewhat of an uphill battle, wit/charisma/testicular fortitude all that are a must & they do succeed.

MY own common sense dictates I obtain as much of each as I possibly can because binary thinking isn't going to be helpful here. There seems to be a bitterness about this topic where some guys don't like the thought of old, ugly, fat, broke men being able to score young hotties by using a bunch of tricks or tactics, it may make women seem as though in reality they really have no standards. The other side rabidly believe that looks for men don't matter, it may scare them that women do indeed prefer better looking men & that based on merit of luck, a man who struck gold in the genetic excavation comes along pulling hotties with less than 50% of the charm & skill he took so long to develop.

With over 6 billion people on this planet the reality is probably varying degrees of every single scenario, it calls comes back to this, do the best you can to bring yourself to your peak & get off this site & when you come back, you can post pics to back up your claims & rub it in everyone's face. I'll buy you a pizza.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneWolf said:
If he was ugly she wouldn't have even talked to him. A girl looks at a guy and thinks to her self that she would either talk to him or not. This is gate 1. Once you pass gate 1 theres gate 2. Gate 2 is personality.

I say that ugly people have no confidence. Good looking people generally have more confidence. If ugly people had confidence they'd pull more girls. But not as many girls as the good looking guy with confidence. But I can assure you an ugly dude with confidence would get more girls than a good looking guy without confidence because it's a numbers game. More confidence and more girls you approach = more girls you get.

I'm a good lookin person so I rarely get turned down because of my looks.When I had no confidence I didn't get any girls. When I had confidence I would never get shut down. I'm still not the most confident person ever but I'm working to be the way I once was before my ex gf.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
"Maxim #463: Do not underestimate the rapidity with which a woman will jettison her conventional mate criteria when exposed to the attentions of a charismatic man."
There's an unstated inverse corollary to that maxim though:

A repulsive mofo with tight game is still one repulsive mofo.

Instead of you guys thinking of it as game vs looks, instead think of it as a yin-yang symbiosis. Good game but utterly repulsive otherwise is just going to leave you frustrated. Amazing looks, but putting your food in your mouth will turn women off as well. The truth is there's a window of physical attractiveness where game has negligible benefits. On the opposite end of the spectrum, no amount of game is going to help due to physical or some other shortcomings. Most guys fall somewhere in the middle where game is absolutely going to help you out, and so too will improving your looks (losing body fat, getting in shape, and presenting yourself well).

satelliteparties

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me, from personal experience, if a woman finds you totally unattractive (And I'm not out of shape, butt ugly or dress bad) she will want nothing to do with you. In fact, I get made fun of or pointed out by random women (not even just HBs, usually UGs and average women) or told I am "weird looking."

Every girl I've got, even just a first date with, found me physically attractive enough to want to talk to me.

Sure, if you're some rich guy, well-connected guy, DJ at a club or something, you can be fat, ugly, and missing teeth and women will like you...but for the regular guy, you have to appeal to them physically to get in the door.

While I agree that getting in the door means nothing (I know good looking guys that get in the door and the woman loses interest) you have to get in the door to begin with.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're actually proving our point. It was HIS to lose. Bad-looking guys don't even get that CHANCE. They have to start from behind the starting-line and work hard for every fvcking ounce of attraction they get, and even then, it still probably won't end in a lay. But hey, he can post his field report and follow up on the phone number he got, while the douchebag who doesn't know what a "PUA" even is, can be at home getting texts from her about "coming over."

Furthermore, I'll bet you this particular guy still gets laid more than most, if he is good-looking that is . . A girl calling a guy "cute" doesn't mean sh!t.

Game is awesome. Its a tool when you're in the race, or you qualify for the race. But it doesn't get TO the race.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
There's an unstated inverse corollary to that maxim though:

A repulsive mofo with tight game is still one repulsive mofo.

Instead of you guys thinking of it as game vs looks, instead think of it as a yin-yang symbiosis. Good game but utterly repulsive otherwise is just going to leave you frustrated. Amazing looks, but putting your food in your mouth will turn women off as well. The truth is there's a window of physical attractiveness where game has negligible benefits. On the opposite end of the spectrum, no amount of game is going to help due to physical or some other shortcomings. Most guys fall somewhere in the middle where game is absolutely going to help you out, and so too will improving your looks (losing body fat, getting in shape, and presenting yourself well).
While this is true I'd wager most people on this forum are not people from the extreme ends of the spectrum. Which is why I think that looks should not matter as much as people make it matter. Hell, a few months ago everyday people were posting photos about how ugly they looked when in reality they looked perfectly fine. Most men underestimate themselves and make crying threads about how they can't get women because of their looks but its clearly their sh!tty personality.

CoolBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you just hate this topic already.

Looks matter. Quite a lot too. Especially to young immature women who are well pampered.

But looks isn't everything. Your lack of looks can easily be surmounted by other factors. Being much richer and famous than the good looking guys especially. Then there's personality too.

And you also need to understand that most humans aren't that far apart in terms of looks. Most of the time you don't see a total troll going up against a male model. Usually the disparity is more like a guy who is a 6 going up against a guy who is an 8. The disparity in looks can easily be made up for earning 50k a year more of something. And even if you are that ugly, there is so much you can do to boost your looks so it isn't even that bad.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
If he was ugly she wouldn't have even talked to him. A girl looks at a guy and thinks to her self that she would either talk to him or not. This is gate 1. Once you pass gate 1 theres gate 2. Gate 2 is personality.

I say that ugly people have no confidence. Good looking people generally have more confidence. If ugly people had confidence they'd pull more girls. But not as many girls as the good looking guy with confidence. But I can assure you an ugly dude with confidence would get more girls than a good looking guy without confidence because it's a numbers game. More confidence and more girls you approach = more girls you get.

I'm a good lookin person so I rarely get turned down because of my looks.When I had no confidence I didn't get any girls. When I had confidence I would never get shut down. I'm still not the most confident person ever but I'm working to be the way I once was before my ex gf.
Now this is utter bull****. hate to be that blunt and no hard feelings, but it just is.

****, I am good looking, and it took me, YEARS, to come to the conclusion that I am handsome. YEARS. Despite the mfa ct that women always looked at me, despite the I was actually a model as a child. My self esteem was
that ****ing low. When I first came here, I concluded that because the girl that I wanted so bad, did not want me, I must be ugly. This in actuality is the type of logic that I have found, a lot of people want.

what the world thought of me, and what I thought of myself, had no merit to me. All i wanted was the approval of that one girl.

You don't know how many women I have gamed/befriended that I would give a solid 7 or up that once you get past the vacade, are low self esteemed children.

The way you look, and the way you think you look, rarely correlate with each other.

I remember one instance, I had gained some weight at this time I was about 220 pounds. I was at this place where were doing drugs, and there was this smoking hot girl there, the type of girl that just did not belong hot. she was looking at me, and we ended up talking and going back to my place. I never even considered making a move on her. Not because she wasn't hot, but because by now I had convinced myself I was just that ugly. She told me afterward that she had never had a guy just NOT make a move on her and she was pretty sure I was gay. She had actually wanted me to make a move on her.

The way you look, has absolutely no correlation on your level of self esteem. What you have done in life, has no correspondence to self esteem. If that were the case everyone who was rich would feel freaking great.

I have found for me, when I do what i feel I am supposed to do, I feel good about myself. When I don't I don't. Regardless if i am fat or skinny, regardless if I am broke or not.

CoolBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
Now this is utter bull****. hate to be that blunt and no hard feelings, but it just is.

****, I am good looking, and it took me, YEARS, to come to the conclusion that I am handsome. YEARS. Despite the mfa ct that women always looked at me, despite the I was actually a model as a child. My self esteem was
that ****ing low. When I first came here, I concluded that because the girl that I wanted so bad, did not want me, I must be ugly. This in actuality is the type of logic that I have found, a lot of people want.

what the world thought of me, and what I thought of myself, had no merit to me. All i wanted was the approval of that one girl.

You don't know how many women I have gamed/befriended that I would give a solid 7 or up that once you get past the vacade, are low self esteemed children.

The way you look, and the way you think you look, rarely correlate with each other.

I remember one instance, I had gained some weight at this time I was about 220 pounds. I was at this place where were doing drugs, and there was this smoking hot girl there, the type of girl that just did not belong hot. she was looking at me, and we ended up talking and going back to my place. I never even considered making a move on her. Not because she wasn't hot, but because by now I had convinced myself I was just that ugly. She told me afterward that she had never had a guy just NOT make a move on her and she was pretty sure I was gay. She had actually wanted me to make a move on her.

The way you look, has absolutely no correlation on your level of self esteem. What you have done in life, has no correspondence to self esteem. If that were the case everyone who was rich would feel freaking great.

I have found for me, when I do what i feel I am supposed to do, I feel good about myself. When I don't I don't. Regardless if i am fat or skinny, regardless if I am broke or not.
Sounds like you had alot of issues to deal with.

Kinda hard to believe you are really handsome but convinced yourself that you are ugly. And no being a CHILD model doesn't tell me much. You're probably a 7 or something but since you have no care for your appearance and got fat you became a 4-5. After you cleaned up you realised that you are actually a 7 so it is not what's holding you back.

The bolded part is absolute truth though. If you have no self esteem, all your looks go down the drain. If you have the best pitching arm on the planet but no guts to try for an MLB team, your pitching arm is worth nothing. You need self esteem and practice to work on that arm to be great.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CoolBlue said:
Sounds like you had alot of issues to deal with.

Kinda hard to believe you are really handsome but convinced yourself that you are ugly. And no being a CHILD model doesn't tell me much. You're probably a 7 or something but since you have no care for your appearance and got fat you became a 4-5. After you cleaned up you realised that you are actually a 7 so it is not what's holding you back.

The bolded part is absolute truth though. If you have no self esteem, all your looks go down the drain. If you have the best pitching arm on the planet but no guts to try for an MLB team, your pitching arm is worth nothing. You need self esteem and practice to work on that arm to be great.
This the truth^

Last night, me and a couple of friends went to a downtown club and there were a LOT of dudes there, that were standing up against the wall, or even worse, THEY WERE DANCING AROUND THE GIRLS BUT NOT ON THEM. However, when I simply got in front of the dudes and got on various women, they had the nerve to glare and gripe at me.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm fairly lean which may have had a factor in why so many women got on me, however like the guy above me said, you have to have confidence on your looks don't mean shit. All of these dudes, who were mostly thin but not bad-looking at all, were afraid of getting blown off, that they simply watched me and some other dudes take the girls.

tl;dr version---------> Even though looks do matter, they aren't everything, you HAVE to have confidence or else it doesn't mean anything.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
You're actually proving our point. It was HIS to lose. Bad-looking guys don't even get that CHANCE. They have to start from behind the starting-line and work hard for every fvcking ounce of attraction they get, and even then, it still probably won't end in a lay. But hey, he can post his field report and follow up on the phone number he got, while the douchebag who doesn't know what a "PUA" even is, can be at home getting texts from her about "coming over."

Furthermore, I'll bet you this particular guy still gets laid more than most, if he is good-looking that is . . A girl calling a guy "cute" doesn't mean sh!t.

Game is awesome. Its a tool when you're in the race, or you qualify for the race. But it doesn't get TO the race.
This.

If you're good looking, girls are looking for reasons to NOT fvck you.

If you're not good looking, girls are looking for reasons TO fvck you.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good point. Its not the case for me but I figured it would apply to most though. Ive been there though backbreaker. Girls all the time wwould tell me how cute I was but I couldve sworn I was ugly.

ELMER_GANTRY

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have some good posts on here Lonewolf, but you're way off on this one. I just don't understand why a lot of guys are in such denial about looks. They actually assume, make up, believe things that aren't even true. Women will base their preferences on looks (just as you friend did) that's what attracts them. Everything else comes 2nd, 3rd. They see a good looking guy, they want to talk to him because of his looks. The ugly/average guy has it so much harder because they have to step it up with game (personality), money but that doesn't always help. I know women who will only talk to and date guys with good looks. The average/ugly guys have 0 chance of even having a 2 min conversation with them. That is fact. If they feel that good looking guy doesn't have enough money, doesn't have the personality they like, they go on and look for another good looking guy. Not an average or ugly looking guy. That's how it is guys. Super hot women (9.5's and 10's)have their choices of any guy they want. Why would they want to be with some ugly guy that is below a 5? Why should they? They will take guys that has their value or a little less because they have choices and they will pick a good looking guy with good game over an ugly guy with good game any day. This post is a good example of what i'm saying.

LoneWolf said:
last night i was out with my friends. one of them was a girl and she was 20. she was saying she was talking to a cute guy at the party but he was BORING.

your friend was talking to a guy that looks good to her. you said cute. He wasn't ugly. so she found a guy that she was attracted to like most girls do. Ok he was boring. a lot of people are. I talk with boring girls and after I get tired of being bored by them, I excuse myself and leave, just like your friend did.

so he blew it regardless of his looks.

that happens a lot, but he still has the looks. I bet a few min later another girl started chatting him up even though he is boring. I see that a lot.

looks is just the bonus. foot in the door.

looks is what girls like and are what they are attracted to. everything else comes after that, money, personality etc.

average/ugly guy would get the same girl with an awesome personality.

They would? you're assuming something that isn't true. just because the guy she was talking to (that she said was cute) was boring as hell, doesn't mean that she is going to start talking and dating an ugly dude. most likely she will start talking to another good looking guy and see what that guy is like. If an ugly guy/good looking guy both have the same personality, who do you think she will choose to date and sleep with?

so girls really do care more about personality and attitude etc more than looks.

They do? You're assuming that just because your friend got bored by some guy who happened to have some looks then you try to generalize that all girls feel that way and will start going for an ugly dude. You need personality and attitude as well but the looks come first. That is what I've been saying on here and I'm glad that I get to validate my point on this subject from this post.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ELMER_GANTRY said:
You have some good posts on here Lonewolf, but you're way off on this one. I just don't understand why a lot of guys are in such denial about looks. They actually assume, make up, believe things that aren't even true. Women will base their preferences on looks (just as you friend did) that's what attracts them. Everything else comes 2nd, 3rd. They see a good looking guy, they want to talk to him because of his looks. The ugly/average guy has it so much harder because they have to step it up with game (personality), money but that doesn't always help. I know women who will only talk to and date guys with good looks. The average/ugly guys have 0 chance of even having a 2 min conversation with them. That is fact. If they feel that good looking guy doesn't have enough money, doesn't have the personality they like, they go on and look for another good looking guy. Not an average or ugly looking guy. That's how it is guys. Super hot women (9.5's and 10's)have their choices of any guy they want. Why would they want to be with some ugly guy that is below a 5? Why should they? They will take guys that has their value or a little less because they have choices and they will pick a good looking guy with good game over an ugly guy with good game any day. This post is a good example of what i'm saying.
lol do you know how hard it is for a guy to be under a 5 lol? a GUY BASICALLY HAS TO BE GANGRAPED with the ugly stick to be under a 5.

There is a quote that I apply to women, can be applied to men. there are not unattractive women, just lazy ones. Any woman can be attractive if she works at it. Same for men. Somme are blessed to have certain physical aspects others don't have but any man that gives a **** about his appearance can be a 7 if he works at it. And a 7 is never out of the competition

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
lol do you know how hard it is for a guy to be under a 5 lol? a GUY BASICALLY HAS TO BE GANGRAPED with the ugly stick to be under a 5.
Pretty much. And mostly because for men, our face doesn't matter as much. Even if you were hit with the ugly stick you could compensate with facial hair and working your body into shape.

If a woman has an ugly face, she could have the nicest body.... but she's still ugly.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you post a random picture of Kevin Youkilis?

Don't tell me its another "look at this average looking millionaire! He gets girls1 looks don't matter" thing.