When to stop texting?

Stud No1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im currently reworking on a past oneitis. I get a feeling now ive chilled out on the whole thing she likes me. It's 1-1 now, we both liked the other at one point and the other didn't reciprocate. So i cant be sure what she's thinking but im thinking "lets ****in do this"

Anyway, i was texting her looking for a phone number, she replies with a question or two and i reply and kind of end it. She replies with a little joke about my drinking for my bday (this sat), and i replied saying "oi, im Mr Sensible now, being drunk attracts the wrong type of girls :p". She replied saying she'd believe it when she sees it blah blah and i made one more joke, she replied and then i stopped texting even though there was scope to keep it going. Previously she would always have stopped after a message or two, i soon gave up and 6 months later she obviously sensed that implict "i want u" was clearly gone.

Was i right to end on a high? Always depart on the high, right? I think this is a mistake i had been making with people i really like - always hang about even when things are past their peak.

Also, what you guys think of me saying ive changed. I think that implicated a lot (she is more a sensible girl), hopefully it gave a good vibe because i recall a drunk interaction with her one time which had clearly put her off me.

I think im off to a good start

Thanks dudes :)

dav27

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like an answer to this too, i know people that appear to be constantly texting back and forth for hours but i've never been one to reply more than a couple of times. It's usually always me that's the last to reply or put an end to the conversation.

Bear in mind i'm from the UK, where it seems texting is seen as more appropriate than calling than a lot of places (at least that's the impression i've got from SS).

Stud No1

Don Juan
Reaction score
well ive always read you should always leave an interaction on a high, preferably almost suddenly. Im assuming text messaging can have similar rules.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what you are talking about is building response potential......where people are looking forward to what you text next.......

Leaving on a high note forms an emotional anchor and when people think of you or see thats its you good thoughts arise.

Texting is way out of hand is is quickly replacing the desire to speak. TEXT for a purpose, not just to kill time. No substitution for conversation.

I know its not always convienient to talk live and texting does serve its purpose but it has gone beyond the need for private messaging. Texting should never replace a phone call.

DeusDonNYC

Reaction score
I disagree. All girls text like crazy nowadays. You can never text too much. Its all they do.

Stud No1

Don Juan
Reaction score
COD said:
what you are talking about is building response potential......where people are looking forward to what you text next.......

Leaving on a high note forms an emotional anchor and when people think of you or see thats its you good thoughts arise.

Texting is way out of hand is is quickly replacing the desire to speak. TEXT for a purpose, not just to kill time. No substitution for conversation.

I know its not always convienient to talk live and texting does serve its purpose but it has gone beyond the need for private messaging. Texting should never replace a phone call.
Your personal sentiment doesnt change the way of the world

Around the UK, almost never would you ring a girl after one meeting, especially if it was just a quick number close. Thats seen as freaky

There was a study recently and girls are more comfortable with texts, it helps build comfort. Also, apparently how a guy texts tells alot about him..

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so dont ever talk then.............keep on texting..........this is advice.

TEXTING IS OUT OF HAND....................DONT FALL FOR THIS SH IT........TEXT TO INITIATE A PHONE CALL............CALL FOR A DATE.

FUNNY HOW NON VERBAL IS THE CONSENSUS FOR BUILDING RAPPORT.......texting lacks emotion, it lacks inflextion, tonality, its digital.

A VOICE...............SOLIDIFIES AND RE-ENFORCES YOUR CONFIDENCE.

THINK OF IT LIKE THIS..............seeing comedy live on stage or reading a text.

DONT ALLOW VIRTUAL COMMUNICATION TO REPLACE A GOOD OLD FASHIONED PHONE CALL.

TEXT FOR A PURPOSE...................NUFF SAID.

Stud No1

Don Juan
Reaction score
COD said:
so dont ever talk then.............keep on texting..........this is advice.

TEXTING IS OUT OF HAND....................DONT FALL FOR THIS SH IT........TEXT TO INITIATE A PHONE CALL............CALL FOR A DATE.

FUNNY HOW NON VERBAL IS THE CONSENSUS FOR BUILDING RAPPORT.......texting lacks emotion, it lacks inflextion, tonality, its digital.

A VOICE...............SOLIDIFIES AND RE-ENFORCES YOUR CONFIDENCE.

THINK OF IT LIKE THIS..............seeing comedy live on stage or reading a text.

DONT ALLOW VIRTUAL COMMUNICATION TO REPLACE A GOOD OLD FASHIONED PHONE CALL.

TEXT FOR A PURPOSE...................NUFF SAID.

Agree and disagree

Ironically i restarted contact via phone call to this girl and i think this made a world of difference - we met that night (common venue, not a date) and she rang me afterwards to say it was nice catching up. Now, i had never rang her before and she never had rang me, and yet the night i ring her shes automatically comfortable enough to return the favour. So yeah, i've alot to say about a solid phone call, it can be worth no amount of text messages

That said you dont go around ringing a girl every turn around - a bit of playful fun via textage, especially done well, is also invaluable. My bro sealed a date for friday over text just yesterday , so please dont make absolute rules that aren't strictly true.

Again your opinion is its "out of hand" but if its the accepted medium then use it to your advantage. A girl you just met won't want to sit on the phone to you every night but a text isn't intimidating for a girl like this. A text can be used far beyond "purpose".

I have a friend who is a better PUA than any of the guys that are self professed experts, he texts FLAT OUT. He also rings, chats on the internet, whatever. He's random. Girls love it. He makes them feel important and they respond.

So please dude, absolute rules are BS, you dont understand any game if you dont see that