Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When to call the quits on your office

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in a rather large company and am currently in charge of an office of 20 people. I have the ability because of our structure to transfer into a new position at any time. I have been at my office for 2.5 years and inherited the most difficult office in our company. Our CEO has brought it to my attention several times that he does not envy the position i am in. The employees are unionized and ultimately getting someone fired is nearly impossible. My office is the most senior office but I have gotten them to produce amazing numbers. We are competing with offices nearly three times our size. My issue is the conflict that constantly arises in my office. I have never met 20 people who could not get along with each other and absolutely hate each other. It seems like every single day i am dealing with some type of intervention or conflict that needs to be resolved. The way our promotion system works is a joke and i am at least 2-3 years away from sniffing any promotion regardless of how well my office does. I come into work each day and am legitimately starting to despise my subordinates. My manager who oversees 4 of our eastern offices is a complete waste and doesn't provide any support. The manager above him is also a joke.... so i am ultimately on an island with this group. I am paid very well and switching companies would cost me. I am considering transferring out of this office and taking a different position in our company. Has anyone ever hit this point with a toxic office? I have tried team building, nights out, morale building and NOTHING has worked. I can literally feel the tension every day in my office.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you promote or transfer people out and in of the office?

Maybe they are bored with the routine?

You could spin it as a diversity move, bringing fresh eyes, perspective, etc.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
The people under you is a reflection of you.

Accept that and then learn to be dominating.

You do that by setting simple hard discipline rules, then issuing it and then sticking by it.

Then start off ur leadership by creating mini groups within those 20 people, each with their own leader then engaging those leaders daily such as morning briefings and make sure those leaders take responsibility of their own people.

Invest in a KPI board that also acts as gant chart to plot progress on given tasks, get everyone to participate, this builds moral and also bonds everyone in the office towards a common goal.

Build people up by empowering people around you, that's effective leadership, once achieved you'll have people following ur lead instead of them fighting amongst themselves.

You'll have less stress and more time on ur hands to implement or think of other tasks.

The goal is for ur office to be autonomous within ur leadership, that they'll thrive even when u r not around.

That's when you'll be promoted.

That's how I promote junior managers into senior or country managers.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you promote or transfer people out and in of the office?

Maybe they are bored with the routine?

You could spin it as a diversity move, bringing fresh eyes, perspective, etc.
No, I have zero say in who gets promoted or transferred.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
No, I have zero say in who gets promoted or transferred.
Don't ever play that card, even if you have that power.

It shows weakness of leadership that subordinates, peers and even upper management will pick on in you.

And even worse, it sows discord within ur ranks. You'd are then the facilitator of the infighting.