"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

when to call - need help

DJArlington

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2002
Messages
156
Reaction score
2
Hey - I met a girl that lives a few floors down in my apartment complex last friday evening. Anyway - we basically chilled at my apartment for a while (cause she needed to measure my couch - long freakin story, don't know how i pulled it off) and she gave me her number. We clicked pretty well.

Should I call her tomorrow nite ? Is it to soon to ask for her a drink w/o other friend around ?

Thanks for the input.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

DJ Bishop

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Last Friday... I'd say it's not too early to call. If she's interested, she'll say yes. If she's not interested, then waiting a few more days isn't going to accomplish anything.
 

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
646
Reaction score
1
Why is everyone SO OBSESSED with using the phone?

She lives in your apartment block. Just go down and TALK TO HER. Why use the phone when you don't have to?
 

DJ Bishop

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Very good point, one that I completely overlooked. When living in such close proximity, do as Uni mentioned and knock on the door. Not only will you be able to see her facial expression once she sees it is you, but you'll already be there, instead of having to make plans for some time to meet up on the phone.

Good work, Uni.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
I would personally call her because she may have company or don't wish to invite you in at the moment. Call her today!
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top