"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

When they love but you dont

bishopdonjuan

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
When should I cut girls loose that are falling in love with me, even if I have no intention of actually getting serious with them. I'm not really decieving them, but we just have two different agendas, my agenda gets me what I want, but retroactively makes her feel much stronger feelings towards me than I have for her. And I'm not a heartless bastard, so I certainly don't want to lead them on and it's not that i don't wanna still chill with them, but I know we have no possibility of moving forward...should I cut it ASAP, or see how it plays out, and perhaps get surprised into falling for her too...which I doubt?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by bishopdonjuan
When should I cut girls loose that are falling in love with me, even if I have no intention of actually getting serious with them. I'm not really decieving them, but we just have two different agendas, my agenda gets me what I want, but retroactively makes her feel much stronger feelings towards me than I have for her. And I'm not a heartless bastard, so I certainly don't want to lead them on and it's not that i don't wanna still chill with them, but I know we have no possibility of moving forward...should I cut it ASAP, or see how it plays out, and perhaps get surprised into falling for her too...which I doubt?
You say that you aren't really deceiving them. Either you are or you aren't. That's your call, not mine.

However, keep in mind that you have nothing to do with THEIR intentions. If they feel that they can win you over and change your mind, that's their call. Who knows, they may get lucky. If they choose to keep betting on a loosing dog, that's their call too.

As long as you aren't promising anything that you don't intend on keeping, you should be fine. Women do it all the time without promising anything. AFCs usually read into their actions with the hopes of something happening. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
 

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
582
Reaction score
1
Location
PA
Are you doing/saying anything that objectively indicates that you will give her more than what you intend? Probably not.

For me, as long as the girl doesn't clearly have greater intentions/longer term views than me, I have no need to have a talk with her.

Besides, no matter how hard I think she's on the ropes, they can always surprise you. If I have to take that risk, she should be old enough to also.
 

bishopdonjuan

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Good advice. So i guess I'll just continue going with the flow, cause I certainly am not promising anything more than I'm willing to give, its just them pushing the same way many of us have pushed before only to be hurt. So its all fair game then... though i always think i should warn them when i notice them getting much closer than I ever will...but as you said love is a gamble and she's taking one.
 
Top