Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When the DRAFT comes, are you going to go where they tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
WaterTiger said:
ALL PERSONS? Does that mean girls too? That could get dangerous! Giving loaded guns to a ditzy, club-hopping, PMS-ing 18 year old drama queen? For the love of God, don't tell her khaki makes her thighs look fat!:eek:
It is not her pants that make her thighs look fat - it is her fat thighs that make her look fat in her khakis pants!!!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
~attrACTION~ said:
The NFL Draft?

I sure as hell would go where THEY sent me. Shiiiiiiiiihhhhht.

Now, for the "Draft"...

It's very unlikely to be reinstated. This isn't a full scale war. This is a "war of attrition". We send a few thousand in. Let them fight. Send a few more in. With the recruiting being as effective as it is, theres no reason to reinstate the draft. America would be in an incredible state of anger and protest if it was.

But nowadays the military pays you quite well...

Assuming you live to collect your checks.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup: @ Water Tiger's point

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Yeah, right. The new boss will be the same as the old boss. Both parties serve corporate America.
How is bankrupting our country spending some 500 billion on it serving corporate America? A democrat will begin an immediate, and definite troop withdrawal. Of course we will likely keep a small contingency force there; big deal. We have (a few) troops in Germany and Japan too.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
There's no draft, but they do have 'stop loss' policies that essentially strongarm current soldiers into reinlisting. What they do is threaten you with Iraq if you don't reinlist, as well as squeezing as much Iraq time as possible out of the inactive reservists who they know won't re-up.
Malarky. Stop loss hasn't been used since the invasion. Inactive reservists don't get called for combat. Every inactive reservist to get called back has been support roles. And let me tell you, the quality of life for support personell in Iraq is rather nice. Besides the heat and the fact you cant go to the club on Friday night it's really not bad.

My cousin did a tour of Iraq as a medic. He literally got splattered with blood several times, because his fellow soldiers tended to get chosen by the snipers. It's rough on a 19 y/o to ask him to patch up a dying friend, try to convince the medevac that the guy who got shot was worth the risk of sending a chopper, and not get shot himself all at the same time. It's even rougher when they won't risk a pilot's life to come get the wounded, and he gets to watch them die and wonder if he had been more persuasive on the radio, then maybe his friend would have lived and not bled to death in the desert...
From my experience, army (more so than Marine Corps) pilots do amazing things to medivac troops.
Granted, every rifleman worth his weight in 5.56 knows a chopper isn't going to set down without a somewhat secured LZ. This just makes sense as it's extremely vulenerable and chances are will be shot down during landing, loading, or take off. Then you destroy a million dollar aircraft, highly trained pilots, and all on board.
[/quote]

Then after he does his time and gets back in one piece, they tell him to sign another 4-year contract. The choice is a giant signing bonus and a guarantee of a sweet stateside job in a hospital versus going right back to Iraq for another year. Some choice, he took the bonus and bought a new Jeep.

Re-enlistment is highest among COMBAT troops with tours in Iraq. I know over half of my company either voluntarly extended or reinlisted to finish 3rd and 4th tours. For some reason it's always support troops who complain.

And they don't just pick and choose who goes over (unless you have some in demand speciality.) Deployment rotations work on unit basis. And units don't do immediate turn arounds. With the army doing 16 or 18 month deployments it's hard to do more than two tours in a 4 year contract.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luthor Rex said:
You mean there are actually people who believe that the Democrats or Republicans actually have the best interests of America in mind when they make political decisions?

:down:
Yes, non-cynical, optimist Americans still exist.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think if our country offered more to our veterans, then people would take that as incentive to want to look into the military for careers and education or just having a military experience.
however, when you have only one or two va hospitals around your state and people tell you horrible stories... when vets tell you on their 7th appeal they finally got their back pay money from catching diseases such as agent orange... and we bury these men who died of it, because their va did not diagnose or treat their illness because they drank alcohol and smoked cigarettes and therefore could not have a test....
when you see these men sleeping out in the cold because after 35 years, they have never had any sort of help or reconditioning after the war...

when you see the people who came back from the gulf war on tv talking about all they got when they got home was a beer and a slap on the back with the kind words of "nice job"...

these guys are your grandfathers, your fathers and uncles and your cousins and brothers. you know them. you love them. but yet, you know that they didn't get what they needed when they got home...
why in the heck would you want to join?

if we can not treat our veteran soldiers right, then we do not have the strong military that we think we do. how can we fight and protect our country in such a manner?

if we can find funds for war, why can we not find the funds to help these guys when there is not a war?

the last time i saw my father alive, was the first time he opened up his army trunk to show me what was inside. sure, he had medals galore.. but the stories that came with them, not the ones he talked of, but the ones written on paper about missions that lead to him getting the medals would blow your minds AND THAT'S JUST THE PARTS THAT THEY WANT YOU TO KNOW OR HEAR.

the day my daddy died, was the day he finally let go of good old Vietnam.
other men are still living in that same war that is stuck in their heads.

it doesn't matter how long they served, or how hard they fought or how many tours of the same war they served. they get treated for medical emergencies but anything else lingers, long term illnesses and mental and emotional baggage is ignored.

dirtyvibe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't even have respect for the troops. I think they're disgusting criminals and should be prosecuted. How are you gonna respect someone that invaded a country when it wasn't in self-defense, started a conflict that's killed over 500 9/11s, and still stays there even after he knows what he started?

Kill someone state-side, you get 24 to life. Kill someone over in Iraq, you don't get punished. All of our troops should be in jail fo either manslaughter or accomplice to manslaughter

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason most of you wouldn't go is that you are weak and selfish. You are afraid of the world and you think our country is the problem.

Watch Ken Burns program on "The War" and find out what it was like to be a real man.

Todays younger generation is so spoiled, obese and weak that it doesn't surprise me they are afraid of war. They don't have proper education to find many of these countries on a map even.

But our troops are in general more educated than the regular population. Don't put down their sacrifice. They are the best our country has.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ricky said:
The reason most of you wouldn't go is that you are weak and selfish. You are afraid of the world and you think our country is the problem.

Watch Ken Burns program on "The War" and find out what it was like to be a real man.

Todays younger generation is so spoiled, obese and weak that it doesn't surprise me they are afraid of war. They don't have proper education to find many of these countries on a map even.

But our troops are in general more educated than the regular population. Don't put down their sacrifice. They are the best our country has.
You're absolutely delusional. I imagine you're one of those overly patriotic jackasses, no? If you want to give over several years of your life, and potentially risk death, for a useless, unnecessary war in an area we don't belong, by all means go right ahead. Protect arr freedums, and keep feeding that military industrial complex, you f*cking tool. The vast majority of wars only serve the interests of a very small number of people, and none of us here are one of them. Our half-trillion dollar invasion of iraq is no different. And comparing "Operation Iraqi Freedom" to WWII is an insult to WWII veterans and what they did for the world. You should be ashamed.

And yeah, dumbass, our country is a huge part of the problem.

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To all you war loving neocons: put your courage where your mouth is...

Ron Paul vs. the Neocon Cowards

Let’s say it straight out: Virtually every architect and supporter of today’s neo-con-game of endless war is a coward.

Why? Because anyone who advocates a policy of military invasion, yet studiously avoids joining the soldiers on the battlefield, is, by definition, a coward.

What kind of a person believes that a cause is worth (someone else) dying for, yet not only refuses to face the "enemy," but remains, at all times, in the cool shadow of security? I’ll tell you what kind – a coward.

What kind of a person can’t wait to send America’s youth to die in Iraq for a series of absurd, constantly evolving fabrications, yet finds it more prudent to receive lobbyists than to fire a rifle? I’ll tell you what kind – a raw coward.

We’ve all heard the deranged platitudes: "Sorry I can’t join ya over there...but I’ll be stayin’ here, representin’ ya, makin’ sure the homeland is secure, and that the economy stays on track. Believe me, I’m gonna be doin’ everything I can to keep you and your buddies well-supplied – with everything you need for victory. So...God’s speed. We’ll all be thinkin’ about ya. And prayin’ for ya. You’re all just fabulous!"

Another classic: "I’ve already served my country in the military. I’ve done my duty. Now, someone else can do his. I’m entitled to voice my support for this war. But, right now, I’m just too old to return to battle! And too busy with my job!"

And my all-time favorite? "Well...I haven’t really had any military training. I think it’s best to leave the actual fighting to professionals."

How much training does it take to blow a hole in an eight-year-old girl?

So...soccer mom, construction worker, US Senator, software engineer, grade school teacher, Vice-President of the United States, young, old...whatever you are. You think defeating worldwide "terrorism" is a life-or-death issue for America? Then put your courage where your mouth is.

Join-up, or shut-up.

Just look around. And listen. Listen to all of America’s neo-conned, warriors-in-theory. Their numbers are legion. They’re in Congress. They’re in the White House. They’re wearing the black robes of justice. They’re walking the streets of America, safely preaching genocide. What do they all have in common?

There’s never a doubt, and never a scratch. Cowards, each and every one.

I hereby issue a challenge: I challenge any supporter of our current Middle East blood fest to tell me exactly why he is still here – and not over there.

Do you hear a sudden eerie silence? Of course you do. It’s the silence of cowards.

Have you noticed how the rationale for war these days is becoming less and less important? At this very moment, we are committing mass-extermination in Iraq – for no discernable reason whatsoever.

Except for one – profit.

When our nation’s very existence rests in the balance (as the "War on Terror" drum-beaters repeatedly claim), precisely why is any kind of profit-taking permitted? Why isn’t the military-industrial complex offering its materials and services at cost?

This is a question the cowards would rather not answer, because answering it would reveal the truth: If you take the profit out of war...there is no war. Today’s cowardly patriotism resides only within the perimeter of profit – and safety.

And there’s also a corollary, just for cowards: If you require those calling loudest for war to fire the first shot, the guns remain silent.

Our "War on Terror" has absolutely nothing to do with "terrorists." It has absolutely nothing to do with preventing another 9/11. (The proof? The neo-cowards’ refusal to secure our wide-open borders, due to their love affair with slave labor.) It has nothing to do with a "Clash of Civilizations."

It has everything to do with making money. Lots and lots of money. (And let’s never forget: There’s oil in them-thar hills!)

And it has to do with a new type of "failure." Just as cowardice is now the new bravery, today, failure has also been rebranded. It’s now called "success."

The more American soldiers who die, the longer that innocent blood is spilled, the longer the cycle of destruction and rebuilding, in other words, the longer the horror – the bigger the profit. A normal person believes that he is witnessing chaos in Iraq. Not at all. Success is everywhere in sight.

Of course, it’s a coward’s success. And a coward’s profit.

With every gut-shot Iraqi child, limp in a grieving parent’s arms, we see a bullet that is sold. And a profit that is made. With every suffering, limbless soldier, the military-industrial complex sees a reason to persist. And finds more profits to be made. With every tank that’s ripped-apart, with every screaming, dying civilian, the White House imagines a "surge" that is working. And sees a profit for a friend.

A government that endorses mass murder for profit, and calls it war, deserves no latitude. It deserves a cage.

And so do we, if we stand by in passive assent. Every American deserves what he tolerates. The time for tolerance is over.

There’s only one candidate for President of the United States in 2008 who has the depth of understanding, and the character, necessary to place meaningful restraints upon our profit-centered system of cowardly warmongering – Ron Paul.

Positions of Dr. Paul’s that would help achieve this objective include:

Getting rid of the Federal Reserve, which functions as the financial enabler of war, as well as its head-coach.
Forcing politicians in favor of war to make a formal declaration of war, as specified in the Constitution.
To which I would add:

Patriotism requires that the profit-motive be put-aside in time of war. Therefore, financially profiting from a soldier’s courage, and, possibly, from the sacrifice of a soldier’s life, should be forbidden by law.
By law, every elected representative espousing war must either personally ship-off to battle, or, send a close family member in his stead.
The Ron Paul Revolution is, among other things, a revolution to reclaim our original American spirit, a spirit mangled, at least since the time of Lincoln, by the passive acceptance, and tacit encouragement, of state-sponsored mass-murder for profit.

With God’s help, it is a revolution that will come to pass

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To all you war loving neocons: put your courage where your mouth is...

Ron Paul vs. the Neocon Cowards

Let’s say it straight out: Virtually every architect and supporter of today’s neo-con-game of endless war is a coward.

Why? Because anyone who advocates a policy of military invasion, yet studiously avoids joining the soldiers on the battlefield, is, by definition, a coward.

What kind of a person believes that a cause is worth (someone else) dying for, yet not only refuses to face the "enemy," but remains, at all times, in the cool shadow of security? I’ll tell you what kind – a coward.

What kind of a person can’t wait to send America’s youth to die in Iraq for a series of absurd, constantly evolving fabrications, yet finds it more prudent to receive lobbyists than to fire a rifle? I’ll tell you what kind – a raw coward.

We’ve all heard the deranged platitudes: "Sorry I can’t join ya over there...but I’ll be stayin’ here, representin’ ya, makin’ sure the homeland is secure, and that the economy stays on track. Believe me, I’m gonna be doin’ everything I can to keep you and your buddies well-supplied – with everything you need for victory. So...God’s speed. We’ll all be thinkin’ about ya. And prayin’ for ya. You’re all just fabulous!"

Another classic: "I’ve already served my country in the military. I’ve done my duty. Now, someone else can do his. I’m entitled to voice my support for this war. But, right now, I’m just too old to return to battle! And too busy with my job!"

And my all-time favorite? "Well...I haven’t really had any military training. I think it’s best to leave the actual fighting to professionals."

How much training does it take to blow a hole in an eight-year-old girl?

So...soccer mom, construction worker, US Senator, software engineer, grade school teacher, Vice-President of the United States, young, old...whatever you are. You think defeating worldwide "terrorism" is a life-or-death issue for America? Then put your courage where your mouth is.

Join-up, or shut-up.

Just look around. And listen. Listen to all of America’s neo-conned, warriors-in-theory. Their numbers are legion. They’re in Congress. They’re in the White House. They’re wearing the black robes of justice. They’re walking the streets of America, safely preaching genocide. What do they all have in common?

There’s never a doubt, and never a scratch. Cowards, each and every one.

I hereby issue a challenge: I challenge any supporter of our current Middle East blood fest to tell me exactly why he is still here – and not over there.

Do you hear a sudden eerie silence? Of course you do. It’s the silence of cowards.

Have you noticed how the rationale for war these days is becoming less and less important? At this very moment, we are committing mass-extermination in Iraq – for no discernable reason whatsoever.

Except for one – profit.

When our nation’s very existence rests in the balance (as the "War on Terror" drum-beaters repeatedly claim), precisely why is any kind of profit-taking permitted? Why isn’t the military-industrial complex offering its materials and services at cost?

This is a question the cowards would rather not answer, because answering it would reveal the truth: If you take the profit out of war...there is no war. Today’s cowardly patriotism resides only within the perimeter of profit – and safety.

And there’s also a corollary, just for cowards: If you require those calling loudest for war to fire the first shot, the guns remain silent.

Our "War on Terror" has absolutely nothing to do with "terrorists." It has absolutely nothing to do with preventing another 9/11. (The proof? The neo-cowards’ refusal to secure our wide-open borders, due to their love affair with slave labor.) It has nothing to do with a "Clash of Civilizations."

It has everything to do with making money. Lots and lots of money. (And let’s never forget: There’s oil in them-thar hills!)

And it has to do with a new type of "failure." Just as cowardice is now the new bravery, today, failure has also been rebranded. It’s now called "success."

The more American soldiers who die, the longer that innocent blood is spilled, the longer the cycle of destruction and rebuilding, in other words, the longer the horror – the bigger the profit. A normal person believes that he is witnessing chaos in Iraq. Not at all. Success is everywhere in sight.

Of course, it’s a coward’s success. And a coward’s profit.

With every gut-shot Iraqi child, limp in a grieving parent’s arms, we see a bullet that is sold. And a profit that is made. With every suffering, limbless soldier, the military-industrial complex sees a reason to persist. And finds more profits to be made. With every tank that’s ripped-apart, with every screaming, dying civilian, the White House imagines a "surge" that is working. And sees a profit for a friend.

A government that endorses mass murder for profit, and calls it war, deserves no latitude. It deserves a cage.

And so do we, if we stand by in passive assent. Every American deserves what he tolerates. The time for tolerance is over.

There’s only one candidate for President of the United States in 2008 who has the depth of understanding, and the character, necessary to place meaningful restraints upon our profit-centered system of cowardly warmongering – Ron Paul.

Positions of Dr. Paul’s that would help achieve this objective include:

Getting rid of the Federal Reserve, which functions as the financial enabler of war, as well as its head-coach.
Forcing politicians in favor of war to make a formal declaration of war, as specified in the Constitution.
To which I would add:

Patriotism requires that the profit-motive be put-aside in time of war. Therefore, financially profiting from a soldier’s courage, and, possibly, from the sacrifice of a soldier’s life, should be forbidden by law.
By law, every elected representative espousing war must either personally ship-off to battle, or, send a close family member in his stead.
The Ron Paul Revolution is, among other things, a revolution to reclaim our original American spirit, a spirit mangled, at least since the time of Lincoln, by the passive acceptance, and tacit encouragement, of state-sponsored mass-murder for profit.

With God’s help, it is a revolution that will come to pass

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The above article was written by James N. Herndon.

The libertarian movement is gaining plenty of traction thanks to Ron Paul.

Ron Paul has massive grassroots support and it is only growing stronger day-by-day.

Neocons...be afraid.

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The draft depends on if we go to war with Iran. There is no way we can fight in Iraq and Iran so the draft will defiantly come if a republican is elected.

Bush won't reinstate the draft because that will ruin the republicans' chance at the white house.

Judging from how fox news was trying to sell the Iran war (esp at the last debate), I would say its likely that we are going to war with Iran if a republican is elected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HD9nO0c328

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ron Paul has my vote! I'm also going to become active in his campaign.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:
You're absolutely delusional. I imagine you're one of those overly patriotic jackasses, no? If you want to give over several years of your life, and potentially risk death, for a useless, unnecessary war in an area we don't belong, by all means go right ahead. Protect arr freedums, and keep feeding that military industrial complex, you f*cking tool. The vast majority of wars only serve the interests of a very small number of people, and none of us here are one of them. Our half-trillion dollar invasion of iraq is no different. And comparing "Operation Iraqi Freedom" to WWII is an insult to WWII veterans and what they did for the world. You should be ashamed.

It's difficult to take someone with the screenname you've chosen seriously.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Master Bates said:

It's difficult to take someone with the screenname you've chosen seriously. With time you'll grow wiser.

Silvertip

Don Juan
Reaction score
hope7 said:
The draft depends on if we go to war with Iran. There is no way we can fight in Iraq and Iran so the draft will defiantly come if a republican is elected.

Bush won't reinstate the draft because that will ruin the republicans' chance at the white house.
Bush won't reinstate the draft because it is the power of the legislative branch, not the executive.

Please read the Constitution before proceeding.

hope7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Silvertip said:
Bush won't reinstate the draft because it is the power of the legislative branch, not the executive.

Please read the Constitution before proceeding.
Ah, I should've been more specific. What I meant was that the draft won't be reinstated under bush because that would damage the republicans chance at getting the whitehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.