"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

When straight male friends compliment your looks

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I'm just wondering if anyone else receives compliments on their looks from male friends.

I've had male friends tells me "You're a good looking guy", "you could pick up women without trying", "you're looking great" or (the latest) "a guy like you could make a fortune as an escort". I also get a lot of compliments on my fashion sense.

They're usually said rather matter-of-factly, but I'm just not sure how to react to them. Many of them compliment me on other things too and some have even said they wish they could be me. But with a number of guys complimenting my looks I'm wondering if I'm putting out some kind of feminine vibe or whether they're saying it as some kind of private/sarcastic joke.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
This amounts to low self esteem on your part.

IT MEANS YOU'RE GOOD LOOKING STUD - THAT'S ALL
 

skeetman3000

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Dude that happens to me sometimes just say something like "thanks" because they are just making conversation and being nice.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Are you serious with this post?
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
They are telling you that you are not living up to your potential - matng wise!!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
They are telling you that you are not living up to your potential - matng wise!!
dirt heart...are u fvckin serious??

out of all my life, i ve never had a guy compliment me on my looks..maybe if i dress casual or have a nice jacket on, they will compliment on that.

im fairly good looking, and i've had girls compliment my looks...but a guy? wtf?

for a guy to compliment some other guy's look is either
A. Gay
B. admitting that you're good looking...which means sucking up to you (which most guys will not admit because it might indicate their
acceptance of you being better looking than them.
 

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
for a guy to compliment some other guy's look is either
A. Gay
B. admitting that you're good looking...which means sucking up to you (which most guys will not admit because it might indicate their
acceptance of you being better looking than them.
People are out of their ****ing minds. Everyone thinks everyone else is gay for whatever reason. Trust me, there are not as many gay people as you think there are and usually the ones you think are gay are not, besides the obvious which are the flaming homos. Anyway, if a guy compliments you of your looks he simply means he's not getting pootang. Don't be so paranoid.

Would you consider the guys giving you those compliments gay or is it simply your own insecurity?

You have to become more confident. People will try to brake you in many ways but you have to be stable. THat's it.
 

EternalBachelor

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
137
Reaction score
4
Age
44
Location
Scotland
Lol. This reminds me of a time a couple of years ago when a completely straight male friend (admittedly drunk at the time) said that if I was a girl I would be so hot.

I would not take your friends comments as gay at all. You should take it as a compliment (and probably as a sign they are slightly jealous). Besides it is much better than your friends saying how ugly you are!
 

DaVinci

Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
Hill Village Near Tuscany
I always thought of pretty boy as a diss...

Like in the 70's show Red always calls Kelso a pretty boy.
I thought it was like saying a guy was a vain dumbass.
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Thanks for the responses. Most of these guys are very masculine, many in relationships or married so I've never considered it as a come-on, but as Davinci said, I have wondered whether there was an underlying diss about my sexuality or something condescending about it.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
It's no surprise to me that this story came from a European. They are *so* comfortable with their sexuality, and Asians to a slightly lesser degree.



The degree of senseless homophobia in the United States, on the other hand, is just comical. I know this, because I'm well travelled. Ya'll just need to lighten the **** up - stop trying to prove how macho and manly you are. I'll bet there are actually more closet fags in America than anywhere else.
 

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
247
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Originally posted by Hollowpoint
so much homophobia here, shows such insecurity
EXACTLY!!!!

You guys are so fuking insecure its crazy...I call one of my friends 'pretty boy' cause he is very good looking and STILL dosent live up to his potential.....all of you clowns who say "Your gay" for daying that are so fuking insecure its crazy....
 

mrbrooklyn

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Location
Los Angeles
dirtheart

you are to old to be having insecurities on your looks or your sexuality. If a guy says you are good looking he probably means that you should be bangin more chicks. Guys just don't realize that it takes more than looks to get in womens pants.

I used to be in the marine corps and I must say it was the most homophobic organization I have ever been in. At one point or another everyone in my platoon was rumored to be a homo. If a guy doesn't have a girl he is gay, if he bangs alot of chicks he is compensating for his gayness, if he is married he is gay, if he wore nice clothe he was gay, etc.

DJ's should not be threatened by homos. It just leaves more ladies for the right handed batters.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top