Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When she says, "Hold on a sec, brb"

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've checked the bible, and threads in this forum - haven't really found an answer to this question. What do you do when you are talking to a girl, developing amazing rapport with her, and she suddenly tells you in person, "Hold on a sec" and she doesn't get back to you? Do you just walk away, do you tell her something. If you tell her something, what do you say?

And what would you say if you are in an IM conversation with her, such as MSN or AIM, and she says, "brb" and she does not respond when she comes back? Do you just wait for her, and than go offline after a while.. or do you say something? If so, what do you say?

Just some simple questions. I would appreciate if I got many replies so I have many views on the subject.

Thanks a bunch,
Nick.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you missed the entire point. dont use AIM at all... no really... don't use aim.

it solves much of your problems... 1, a girl won't say "brb" to you in person... 2, you have **** to talk about in person, if you don't waste it over the net.

now on what to say... nothing... just log off and never speak on AIM again unless you're setting up a date, getting their number, or having a quick chat with a FRIEND seeing how theyre doing or something.

have your away message up always, it seem like you're busy. make it quick like, "out!" or the default... it seems like if you spend a ton of time on your away message you have no life.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See, that's exactly what I have been doing though. I NEVER come on AIM anymore, I come on about once every week (Which is a small amount for people who are my age (I am 17).
In person, what do you do if you are talking to her, one of her friends approaches her, and she starts talking to her.. and the other girl does not really seem like she is opening up a conversation to you as well, and the girl you were originally talking too.. pushes you on the side?

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds cliche, but you need to read up on conversation and attitude articles.

be a confident "jerk" and seem like you care about what they have to say by repeating what they say, but also at the same time act like you don't care... hard to explain in a sentence or two... go read up.

KnockoutJM

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually would forget her, and if im not talking to anyone else ill log off. I only go on aim like once a week max, because without it, theres more to talk about in person, and i like being sort of free from communication, able to work on my own terms, then to have people be able to contact me at all times.

Jolly_Roger

Don Juan
Reaction score
i seriously would have logged off or left the convo and when she got back i would have said i was talking to so and so,thats i would have done when i use to have aim,if it was in person i would have turn around or left her,they always come back

Infraction

Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually, i use AIM and it works well.
I stay logged in when i am on the p.c.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
you missed the entire point. dont use AIM at all... no really... don't use aim.

it solves much of your problems... 1, a girl won't say "brb" to you in person... 2, you have **** to talk about in person, if you don't waste it over the net.

now on what to say... nothing... just log off and never speak on AIM again unless you're setting up a date, getting their number, or having a quick chat with a FRIEND seeing how theyre doing or something.

have your away message up always, it seem like you're busy. make it quick like, "out!" or the default... it seems like if you spend a ton of time on your away message you have no life.
Wow, I finally agree with Michele on one thing, don't use AIM. The bad thing about AIM is the girl can't really pick up any of the subconscious stuff, which matters a lot. If you tease her in real life, she might be able to pick up the fact that you're playing with her, but if you tease her on AIM she might be confused on how you meant it because again, the subconscious stuff isn't there on AIM. Likewise, you can't tell whether she's joking with you or if she's serious.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, email/MSN/AIM can be very good to break the ice with a girl if you tend to be a little shy - and it helps set up the next "date" where both you and the girl meet in person, which is what I use it for.

Jolly_Roger

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to text use Myspace, a lot better than AIM,but then again AIM did get me to hookup with a girl.