Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When is too old for men to have kids?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in my 40s and may try for an kid soon. I am definitely late compared to my contemporaries who all already have kids, some fully grown even.

Is there an age as a man where having a kid just wouldn't be feasible?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in my 40s and may try for an kid soon. I am definitely late compared to my contemporaries who all already have kids, some fully grown even.

It's still possible to have kids until you're an old man. Whether it's a good idea is another matter, though. The limiting factor is more likely to be the age of the woman.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
judging by your posts and the type of woman you go for It would probably be better for
humanity if you eliminate this idea from your brain.

There's enough bad breeding worldwide.

Get a hamster instead.
Your mom is too old to impregnate so need to take a shot at the women I go for.

You're a tool btw

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thing is, if you had a kid now, can you handle a teenager when you're 60?
Yeah that's the feasible part I'm wondering about.. I don't know..
It's still possible to have kids until you're an old man. Whether it's a good idea is another matter, though. The limiting factor is more likely to be the age of the woman.
Yes no question the woman would have to be younger and fertile.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's the feasible part I'm wondering about.. I don't know..

Yes no question the woman would have to be younger and fertile.
It's a question also of how long you expect to live and if you think it's worth raising a kid that you won't live to see grow up to be an adult. I think ideally children need to have their parents around until they are at least 20. My dad died when I was about 18 and it always made me sad that we never had the chance to know each other as adults. That said, even if you are the right age who's to say what could happen and if you really look after your health you may live a long time.

If it's what you want to do in life, then do it. I don't 40 is too old. But try to take extra care of your health so that you will live as long as possible (which we should all be doing anyway).

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say for most men the answer is 40.

If you're a man and you start a family around 37-42, the birth of a child is going to potentially impact your retirement plans. If a man at 40 has a kid, he'll be 58 when the kid finishes high school. If the kid attends college and graduates on time, that is age 62. Men around age 60 are planning for retirement. Also, older men have to take job security into consideration. If a man in his 50s gets laid off from a white collar job, he will not get re-employed. He will likely face early retirement or get some piddly McJob. You don't want to be the 56 year old man with a 13 year old who got laid off. If you're forced into early retirement, it is best to have children over 18 or be childless.

The limiting factor is more likely to be the age of the woman.
The typical 35-40 year old man does not have what it takes to attract a woman substantially younger. 5 years younger is good, but yet to be at substantial. 7-10 is the beginnings of substantially younger. The typical 35-40 year old man on swipe apps is a vagina beggar for women within 3 years of his own age.

Women's eggs have an expiration date. Men's sperm doesn't have the same expiration date but men's ability to attract a woman substantially younger is the main challenge for 35+ men who are interested in having children.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess one would have to ask themselves as to why they want the child. Are you trying to fulfill a need for raising a family. Or are you trying to fulfill a need for passing genes to the next generation. If it's the latter, it wouldn't be hard to do.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also plan to have kids when I’m 40.

Additionally, people who tell others to never reproduce are sh!tty people.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on how healthy and fit you are. I can see having kids as late as your 50s if you take care of yourself and can snag a nice young woman.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on how healthy and fit you are. I can see having kids as late as your 50s if you take care of yourself and can snag a nice young woman.
How many 50-55 year olds have what it takes to date someone 20 years younger? At 50-55 years old, not only do you have to be quite fit, you also have to be quite rich.

RBK

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just know your life completely changes after children. You are no longer important. Your desires and aspirations come to the sideline. You need to prepare mentally for this especially when they are very young until about 5-6 when you get your normal life back.

There are positives and negatives, I have one daughter who I love to death but it definitely changes if you go from being a bachelor to married with kids.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Do it. If you delay it any further then it may be too old for you so this may be the only chance you've got.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just know your life completely changes after children. You are no longer important. Your desires and aspirations come to the sideline. You need to prepare mentally for this especially when they are very young until about 5-6 when you get your normal life back.

There are positives and negatives, I have one daughter who I love to death but it definitely changes if you go from being a bachelor to married with kids.
I think the stark change is what scares me the most. I no longer would be living for myself at that point.

It's funny because I hear a common answer from people that have kids. They say it's very difficult and trying at times.. but they wouldn't trade it for anything.

It's interesting to hear that have you daughter. Obviously the gender you get is a 50/50 shot for anyone. Would you want her dating someone with the mindset of this forum? I'd bet you'd want her to settle down with a proverbial nice man who is family focused. Correct me if I'm wrong of course..

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a question also of how long you expect to live and if you think it's worth raising a kid that you won't live to see grow up to be an adult. I think ideally children need to have their parents around until they are at least 20. My dad died when I was about 18 and it always made me sad that we never had the chance to know each other as adults. That said, even if you are the right age who's to say what could happen and if you really look after your health you may live a long time.

If it's what you want to do in life, then do it. I don't 40 is too old. But try to take extra care of your health so that you will live as long as possible (which we should all be doing anyway).
Yes taking care of oneself is very important. But even if you do, none of us for sure know when our time will come..
I guess one would have to ask themselves as to why they want the child. Are you trying to fulfill a need for raising a family. Or are you trying to fulfill a need for passing genes to the next generation. If it's the latter, it wouldn't be hard to do.
It could be both, it could just be something to do.. However there's many children born to parents out of accidents.. there's many people that try for children and have difficulty having them. Regardless of the impetus I think they need to be seen as blessings and the raising of them is Paramount to the circumstances that led to their birth.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad was 45 going on 46 when I was born and died when I was 26. I remember as a kid wishing I had a younger dad, even though he was pretty active for his age until diabetes caught up to him.

I don't believe anyone should have kids, regardless of age.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go watch a few episodes of the Jeremy Kyle show and let us know if you are of the same opinion.

Bad breeding leads to mutts.

Way too many mutts in the world.
No that’s placing the blame in the wrong place. People can learn manners and decency. Nothing to do with “breeding” or any other elitist sh!t

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
35-40.By then any man worth his salt would have attained a level of maturity and resources to ensure he’d competently start and raise a family.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many 50-55 year olds have what it takes to date someone 20 years younger? At 50-55 years old, not only do you have to be quite fit, you also have to be quite rich.
Everyone should be at least comfortably wealthy by 55 or else it means they've really ****ed up. Same goes for fitness.

I would argue having children and getting married young will decrease your odds of building wealth and maintaining fitness over your lifetime, due to the added stress and sacrifices to be made.

Then again, I have zero interest in them myself, so maybe I'm missing the bigger picture here.