Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When Is I Love You Not Enough?

sailorgirl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Question for everyone and I am very interested in hearing everyones thoughts on this....................... When are the words "I Love You", not enough???????????????? I know where my limits are but am very interested to see where everyone else sets theirs????

Last edited:

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
huh? You mean when do you need to hear more? Anything more than that to me is talking about getting married and that is not a conversation I want to have.

Hence I love you is sufficient till Im about 28.

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do actions stack up against words? The size difference is all too stagering...

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your question is too vague for me to answer.

Elaborate.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not a major red flag but I look twice at any person (male and female) that take this as a major milestone or attach tremendous importance to it. I'm from the school of thought that any reasonable person would know what the real attachment was long before these words had to be said (if ever...)

But what do I know? Some people are built that way and I am not.

Reverse the question: "when are the words "I love you" enough???

I get the sense that the "I love you" line is often a monstrous trap in that one or the other party front loads a great deal of additional meaning into it. And with all those unstated, unreasoned and fluid meanings are expectations that cannot be met except by The One (who is a cartoon movie character currently playing at your local theater, otherwise he doesn't really exist..)

IMO, it can never be enough because nothing, really, can be enough for all the unexamined expectations people have when hearing this phrase becomes important.

Ok, but if you're looking for something of a poll result, I would say that we can start with cold, hard divorce court reality: most everyone who's been thru a divorce went through the "I love you" stuff, so we can count as a starting point the statistical divorce rate (50%--?, more??) for a starting point.

Then work up from there. My personal opinion is that 100% is the real answer.

Last edited:

bp1974

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The words don't mean anything. Attaching any importance to them at all is a recipe for disaster.

People say 'I love you' often when they think they should, or because they don't know what else to say. It doesn't mean they know what they're feeling, or that they will treat you lovingly.

Paraphrasing Stanley Keleman, loving someone is about educating them about who you are.

bp1974