Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When girls take ages to text back

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had a few dates with this girl. OK she does not seem crazy about me but I've kissed her on the lips at the end of each date and it feels like we've had a fairly good time together. There was a broken date where she claimed she was sick three hours before we were due to meet but she then rearranged it so I let her off.

But something I've noticed on a few occasions now is she can take absolutely ages to reply to texts. I texted her on Sunday lunchtime suggesting a meet midweek and it is now Monday afternoon and not a peek from her. OK she said she had friends over at the weekend to stay but how long does it take to reply to a text?

I can understand she has a busy job and cannot reply during the day when she is working. But surely anyone can reply within 12 hours.

If she wasn't interested I'd expect her either not to reply at all, or reply in a timely fashion but have some excuse for why she can't meet or whatever.

Is she playing some sort of hard to get game? Or is she just trying to give me the message she isn't that keen without openly blowing me off?

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Judge a girl by her actions, not her words. Time to look for another girl bro.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly, nothing more to it than that! ..
- It doens't matter what she says.. it matters how she says it, and what she does!

LE6END

Don Juan
Reaction score
Viking22, You're already setting yourself up for failure. You're upset because a girl isn't texting you back in a timely fashion?

Sounds like you need more people to talk to, or things to do.

Don't take it offensively, but if you were busy living your awesome life, you wouldn't realize how long she takes to text you back, nor would you even care. You've many more females where that came from.

The above should be your mentality.

Either way, it isnt a good sign you're bothered by her response time. That's a frustrated chump. Realistically, girls, 9 times out of 10, ARE playing games; are toying with your emotions; are receiving your messages and smiling at the screen before tucking away the cell into the seat of their pocket, waiting an hour or two before replying with a one-word response. As always, Wondering WHY a female does this or that is a certainty for insanity.

so STOP IT.

If you have a date set up----no, better; if you text her, LEAVE IT ALONE until she texts you back. If she really cared, or was interested, she'll eventually reply back. But worrying, or growing upset over how long she takes to return a message is completely the emotions of a frustrated chump. Ignore that. As for what to do, legitimately occupy yourself, and when she finally hits you, shoot her pretentious a.ss down from the pedastal; make her wait until YOU feel good and ready to reply to her, because YOUR time is the most important.

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Finally heard back from her. What do you guys make of this text:

Hi. Sorry for not replying sooner. been having hectic time at work. thought i would wait until i know my week plan but it changes all the time. It is better I do not promise anything this week as can not commit even to a dinner. Whats your plans for next wee?

Delly2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you aren't high on her priority lists. It doesn't take much to send a text back.

Also you guys have kissed so things should be escalating. Probably take your time in returning her text like she is doing. I am not advocating following the womans actions...well maybe I am. You dont want to force her to be on your wavelegth. Get on hers.

Pulling back has helped me in the past. Try it.

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She isn't that keen bro. Girls nowadays are affixed to their phones. Of course sh saw your text. She's just waiting for something better to fall into place, and if that doesn't, maybe she'll reply to you just to get something going.

Another tip: Never "wait" for a woman to reply. Once you shoot a text message out, don't think too much about whether she replies or not. The waiting period is causing you mental suffer which you don't need.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
LE6END said:
Viking22, You're already setting yourself up for failure. You're upset because a girl isn't texting you back in a timely fashion?

^^^this is the biggest problem we men face.. the women we are pursuing have 100000 dudes texting and calling them all the time and we dont.. their desire and interest are seldom as high cause they have many options... if you give up then there are 10000 other dudes still trying..

so we have to play along and pretend by not texting to fast etc.. bottom line is they are fing more than we are but we have to pretend..

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a simple solution to this;

Don't text.

If she texts you during the day, wait until you finish work or whatever and call her, never reply to a text, but call her and talk to her, that way you're not ignoring her but she'll soon realise that you don't reply to texts. This is coming from somene who has driven himself utterly crazy with the exact thing you're talking about, don't text, then you don't have to wait for a reply.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LuisGarcia10 said:
There is a simple solution to this;

Don't text.

If she texts you during the day, wait until you finish work or whatever and call her, never reply to a text, but call her and talk to her, that way you're not ignoring her but she'll soon realise that you don't reply to texts. This is coming from somene who has driven himself utterly crazy with the exact thing you're talking about, don't text, then you don't have to wait for a reply.

hey luis,

could you explain your situations with us? it could provide a more deeper look or angle or perspective on things. sometimes its not what you say, but how you say it.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
The last text from her doesn't sound that bad if she's leaving next week open, but she clearly doesn't have high interest level so I'd go NC until she initiates.

Funny part is, no matter how many options women have, once you sleep with them they start texting you all day.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Allurre said:
Another tip: Never "wait" for a woman to reply. Once you shoot a text message out, don't think too much about whether she replies or not. The waiting period is causing you mental suffer which you don't need.
This is all that it really comes down to.

Judge a woman by her actions and not her words IS a great saying to base your interactions with women off of, but it's not always clear what actions you should be judging, which is the problem the OP seems to be having.

It COULD be low-interest, it COULD be that she's playing hard to get, but there's no way to actually know for sure...at least at the moment.

So, she didn't respond. No big deal. Hit her up again next week. If the same thing happens, you have your answer. If she meets up with you and you tap that, you once again have your answer. The keys are

1) Indifference
2) Options

Yuma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory has the right mindset.

In my opinion, she's keeping you on a back burner. Or, on a string, if you will.

She knows you're interested, but I'd bet money she's got other prospects she's texting at the same pace she's texting you. If she didn't, she'd get back to you a lot more quickly. Yeah, she works, but the girl's just out with her friends or other guys, or whatever, and getting back to you when she feels like it.

So, yeah - assume she's not interested. Pull back contact and let her chase you a little bit. Once she feels like she's not in control anymore, she'll come after ya.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social_Leper said:
9 out of 10 times when guys complain a women is 'playing games' its a simple case of her having little to no interest.
Playing games are a sign of low interest a sign of not giving a damn. She doesn't have enough respect for you or simply for people in general. It doesn't really matter why. You're not her therapist and you shouldn't really care why she does things.

Look at how people act and that tells you what kind of person they are.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LE6END said:
Either way, it isnt a good sign you're bothered by her response time. That's a frustrated chump. Realistically, girls, 9 times out of 10, ARE playing games; are toying with your emotions; are receiving your messages and smiling at the screen before tucking away the cell into the seat of their pocket, waiting an hour or two before replying with a one-word response. As always, Wondering WHY a female does this or that is a certainty for insanity.
I've thought that too. That there ain't no fvckin way she ain't reading that text IMMEDIATELY as it hits her phone (unless she's seriously at work idk I haven't worked in an office for years..I can answer my phone or text almost anytime at my job because I work alone, I manage myself. I also have 2 phones. I leave the girl phone or weekend phone at home and use my work or family phone while at work, so it will be a while if she texts me if I'm at work and I may forget to check when I get home so it might be a couple of days until I respond to these b!tches).

My last 2 texts to the 24 yr old hottie I've fvcked all Summer long on Sunday were at 3 AM and then later, a 12 AM Monday one which read, "It's a full moon out, I miss your moon gn" She hasn't responded, but I KNOW she read them and either A. laughed or B. rolled her eyes and thought yeah whatever or I'm getting tired of him or whatever. I have NO idea what she thinks, and throughout her week of ups and downs she may return to my last two texts to read them again and smile or think differently about me. Who knows? But the point is to just go about your business like everybody else has already posted here and Do Not contact/text again the whole week until the day you want to see her fvckin as5, and if she can't see you that day, have another date already planned (that you would have to flake on if your primary girl is a 'go').

So, the last text she sent you said "maybe next week" or other. Heh, that's not good enough, but just fluff it back and say, "Well, I can only do Friday (evening/afternoon) or Saturday (evening/afternoon) or Wednesday after 7 PM" or whatever. Get specific when she fluffs off plans to "next week" (whiney b!tch voice here). If she doesn't respond or says whatever, whatever, then heh, who cares, fvck it. Um, just get another b!tch as 2 Biggie says here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl5WP__1uMw

Edit: Also, she told me to call her this week (she always tells me this and I say I will but I don't, really I don't have time, plus, I only want to call her when we're close to getting together again because all I care about is fvcking her not marrying her, not being a bouncing board for the sundry sh!t that's going wrong in her life. Let some other dude (like her married "boyfriend" who she just dumped last weekend) be that guy. She tries to tell me all her problems in the scarce time I make myself available to her, but I'll just joke about her problems and act like wtf are you telling ME all the sh!t for? or if I'm over the phone "I've gotta go, I'll see you later tonight" whatever. She doesn't ever take my advice half the time anyway so, really, I don't feel like wasting my time when she's just gonna fvck it all up, what I suggest she does. B!tches are so inane.

Also: I have another, of course, that I am contemplating t!tty-swinging to. I fvcked her this past February or March (I forget it's been so long). She's every bit the hottie that the one I've fvcked all Summer is, except for the t!ts which are stretchmarked/breastfedded. They're both petite. I like both almost equally, well, I just haven't had enough time with the one I'm thinking about swinging to either Thursday after work, or Saturday in place of my #1. She misses me. I know her friend too who I haven't fvcked but want too badly. I just can't ever get her alone. Her friend's older too, but still, nice as5, cute face, and petite, better t!ts. I think that I should just cool off on the #1 of the Summer (even though I said we'd hookup again this weekend last weekend), and start going with this old flame from Feb/March. It's a tough call cause #1 has never let me down. She has never just, well, let me down. That's sooooo fvckin rare. So I think I might just see the old flame Thursday and #1 Saturday as I have every single week since mid-June.

A lot of it is psychological. These women care less about the sex (though they definitely like sex - I'd even say they're hornier than I am), than they do about who they perceive me as (the one who's doing the sexing as). She only wants to be popular, to feel in good hands, to be with the better man. I feel I am being taken for granted a little. I need to show her that I have options, but she's Never flaked on me, Never let me down, so, I kinda want to reward her for Never having yelled at me or but she has started very miniscule dissing of me as of last weekend. It's a tough decision. Her sex really does make it that hard not to want to be with her this weekend. We fvck so hard and fast. We do it All, except in the as5 which I don't really mind her not wanting to do. I don't want to hurt her.

Last edited:
Reaction score
LE6END said:

Don't take it offensively, but if you were busy living your awesome life, you wouldn't realize how long she takes to text you back, nor would you even care. You've many more females where that came from.

The above should be your mentality.

so STOP IT.

If you have a date set up----no, better; if you text her, LEAVE IT ALONE until she texts you back. If she really cared, or was interested, she'll eventually reply back. But worrying, or growing upset over how long she takes to return a message is completely the emotions of a frustrated chump. Ignore that. As for what to do, legitimately occupy yourself, and when she finally hits you, shoot her pretentious a.ss down from the pedastal; make her wait until YOU feel good and ready to reply to her, because YOUR time is the most important.
and why do guys have to have things to do have, have a life but girls don't have to?

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lets take afc chumpness out of it. we all start from somewhere, i''d rather be a chump than a chimpanzee. every dog has its day too. as i started gaining experience i fell into this problem. I would answer their questions interestingly enough and stay charming only to see that they completely ignore the question. I am one of those people that hate being ignored because I used to be good with women.

i would then go into the interpretations mode..as you can call it "She's not worth my time", "suits her, i can find someone else"..the best PUA interpretation was "she's displaying her high value to me"..these were the excuses i came up with. I wanted to find the truth so I started calling her 100 times in a row and she finally answered with the slowest speaking words. what was she up to? she was trying to make things with her ex work out. she apologized and gave me the chance to ignore her.

you can wait and "sort your life out" all you want. She ain't going to answer back because it can be interpreted as "self absorbtion"...not a good time to do that by the way.