Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When does being responsible payoff

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I only see three types of men with women my age that share one similar characteristic.

1) The manchild with Peter Pan syndrome. He most likely drives a car that he can't afford, unemployed/working in the food industry with a degree in liberal arts or something, smokes weed/parties, and plays guitar or something. This guy is Mr.Fun and he pretty much represents the life style of some rich Saudi Prince that has a lot of money/free time to blow, but either doesn't have the money and is wasting his life or his parents are still paying for it. This guy is clearly not being responsible for his life, but he is killing it with girls my age and below.

2) The whipped guy that is scared to dump his hs/college gf or social circle. This guy usually has a better job than 1), but he's just an average joe that is too scared to leave his comfortable shell. He'll most likely get married young and become some average joe unless he is promoted to CEO or something within his company. All his energy will go to maintaining his comfortable life associated with his wife and college best friends. As a result, this guy isn't going to make power moves towards his career/life unless his wife is on board as well. Plus, he'll probably have kids before 30 and end up living in some comfortable average joe suburban house. There's nothing wrong with this lifestyle, but I have dreams of living in a major city, travelling, moving up in my career, and etc. I can easily become a 2) but screw that lol. I'm not saying you can't become successful as a number 2, but I just feel like you put more road blocks/limitations in your path.

3) The rich guy. This is self explanatory lol.

In summary, I don't want to be number 1 because I want to live responsibility and become a successful individual in my 30s. I don't want to become number 2 because I don't want to be hindered with limitations/fear during my life. And I'm not rich, so I can't be 3) :( When does being responsible payoff in life? Please list examples lol.

WitnessGR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Life is a marathon, not a sprint. Sure, you see some guys killin it like #1, but like you said eventually their problems mount and they crash and burn.

The rabbit got off to a quick start, but he still ended up losing to the tortoise.
Being responsible sows greater rewards later on in life. A constant increase in your range of movements is setting up yourself for greater pleasures later on in life. you may have a good 5 year stretch, but what is 5 years to a 60 year old, 70 80?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I'm 23 and I only see three types of men with women my age that share one similar characteristic.

1) The manchild with Peter Pan syndrome. He most likely drives a car that he can't afford, unemployed/working in the food industry with a degree in liberal arts or something, smokes weed/parties, and plays guitar or something. This guy is Mr.Fun and he pretty much represents the life style of some rich Saudi Prince that has a lot of money/free time to blow, but either doesn't have the money and is wasting his life or his parents are still paying for it. This guy is clearly not being responsible for his life, but he is killing it with girls my age and below.

2) The whipped guy that is scared to dump his hs/college gf or social circle. This guy usually has a better job than 1), but he's just an average joe that is too scared to leave his comfortable shell. He'll most likely get married young and become some average joe unless he is promoted to CEO or something within his company. All his energy will go to maintaining his comfortable life associated with his wife and college best friends. As a result, this guy isn't going to make power moves towards his career/life unless his wife is on board as well. Plus, he'll probably have kids before 30 and end up living in some comfortable average joe suburban house. There's nothing wrong with this lifestyle, but I have dreams of living in a major city, travelling, moving up in my career, and etc. I can easily become a 2) but screw that lol. I'm not saying you can't become successful as a number 2, but I just feel like you put more road blocks/limitations in your path.

3) The rich guy. This is self explanatory lol.

In summary, I don't want to be number 1 because I want to live responsibility and become a successful individual in my 30s. I don't want to become number 2 because I don't want to be hindered with limitations/fear during my life. And I'm not rich, so I can't be 3) :( When does being responsible payoff in life? Please list examples lol.
You are confusing the issues. Being responsible has nothing to do with paying off. Being responsible you do for yourself so others can trust you, but it still doesn't mean you will get rewarded.

Frankly, in this day and age if you want to get rich you are better off being a con artist (CEO, politician, tricky investor) than being responsible.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Slow and steady, wins the race."

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being responsible is good, but you need a good plan to go with it. Just being responsible isn't enough.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being responsible is good, but you need a good plan to go with it. Just being responsible isn't enough.
"Failure to plan, is a plan to fail."

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Being 23 as a man is similar to being a freshman in high school or college again.

Your goal with being "responsible" should be personal power and worldly success.. not attracting women. Think about all the "popular" guys and thugs in high school who were f*cking the hotties. Where are they at age 35 or 40? Often they're out of shape, broke losers working at Target with a fat nagging wife and kids they can barely afford. Talk about living the dream right? How did making women top priority pay off for these idiots? When you start letting women bleed you at a young age through LTR's it can limit your long-term success in life. Your youth is for gaining sexual experience and discovering who you are, but that's it.

When attracting women is your #1 priority, you often make a lot of dumb self-destructive decisions that f*ck up your life later. Things like getting into bar fights over women, marrying too young, white knighting, blowing off valuable male friends, wasting your money, flushing away great opportunities because "she doesn't want to move to Chicago" etc. Think about it.. what leverage do you have in any relationship if that relationship is all you care about? NONE.

When you ALWAYS put yourself first you can't lose. Just spin plates and stick to your goals. Women will ALWAYS be there.. especially when being "responsible" starts to bear fruit. Being "irresponsible" just to get women is idiotic and your future self will hate you for it. Life is long.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being 23 as a man is similar to being a freshman in high school or college again.

Your goal with being "responsible" should be personal power and worldly success.. not attracting women. Think about all the "popular" guys and thugs in high school who were f*cking the hotties. Where are they at age 35 or 40? Often they're out of shape, broke losers working at Target with a fat nagging wife and kids they can barely afford. Talk about living the dream right? How did making women top priority pay off for these idiots? When you start letting women bleed you at a young age through LTR's it can limit your long-term success in life. Your youth is for gaining sexual experience and discovering who you are, but that's it.

When attracting women is your #1 priority, you often make a lot of dumb self-destructive decisions that f*ck up your life later. Things like getting into bar fights over women, marrying too young, white knighting, blowing off valuable male friends, wasting your money, flushing away great opportunities because "she doesn't want to move to Chicago" etc. Think about it.. what leverage do you have in any relationship if that relationship is all you care about? NONE.

When you ALWAYS put yourself first you can't lose. Just spin plates and stick to your goals. Women will ALWAYS be there.. especially when being "responsible" starts to bear fruit. Being "irresponsible" just to get women is idiotic and your future self will hate you for it. Life is long.
I agree with this so much. It is so important to not let women define your life at this age or they will stunt your growth.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought I knew everything when I was 23 lol. Trust me bro your life will change a lot in 10 years.

stevo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fun isn't necessarily the guy who gets laid the most. Quantity.

The fun is in getting laid how you want. With confidence.
Feeling good about yourself with how everything went down on your terms rather than being a "fcuk anything" kind of guy. Quality.

When does being responsible pay off? Well look around.

Being responsible saves you from a criminal record.
Being responsible shows you women should have more to offer you than her punani.
Being responsible tells you, you want to be financially comfortable in your thirties and on rather than being in the club partying with teenagers with no understanding of what a 401k is.
Being responsible is bringing your dreams to pass.

Honestly, most of the greats didn't really swim in pussie or had time for pussie till they made a name for themselves. Bill Gates definitely wasn't getting laid constantly during his 80hr weeks coding. But now?

Too much pussie cripples a man.

If anything aim for number 3, that's who both number 1 and number 2 bow to. The man who chooses his destiny over pussie.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score

1) The manchild with Peter Pan syndrome.

2) The whipped guy that is scared to dump his hs/college gf or social circle.

3) The rich guy.
Why only three types of guys? If I were to offer advice to younger guys on what "path" to take, I always recommend the path below:

- Age 16 to 24 (The Adventure Stage): Begin learning about women, getting shot down, getting accepted, and formalizing your style. Also begin learning about the world, your talents, your gifts, and where you would fit into this economy in terms of marketplace skill application. Based on that information, you pick a major that aligns with career goals, a college you can afford, attend the college, and graduate. You also want to learn the very bottom basics of personal finance and fitness, to where you have a plan to become stable in both in the near future.

- Age 25 to 30 (The Zoning In Stage): You get into the career you want and you do very well in it. You have mastered the "art" of meeting women, you have fixed your personal finances(including having a plan to pay off current or prospective debts), and you have a good fitness routine. You are learning how to juggle everything that is "life", which is that of your career, your finances, fitness, women, recreation, family, etc.

- Age 31 to 40 (The Success Stage): You go back to finish any master's or graduate level degrees you need to move up into some sort of management position or move into another high paying position. You begin to get into LTRs with women, your personal financial picture should be completely stable at this point with investments for the long term/retirement in place, debts being paid on time or being paid off, your fitness is on point, etc. You are living the life! You might also travel a bit more than you did previously during this stage.

- Age 40 to 60 (The Continued Success Stage): Just maintain everything that's going great, if you choose to make kids or get married and you didn't do it between age 31 to 40, have at it....just make sure all of the ducks are in a row and legal agreements are in place.

- Age 60 Until You Die (The Retirement Stage): Retire, write a book, do more traveling, make sure all of your legal agreements are setup to transfer wealth to your family once you die.

If you noticed with each one of my stages, I don't put off women or put off money/finances/career aspects, you juggle them BOTH. You grow throughout each stage and if you put off any important aspect of your life....you will miss the growth.

Last edited:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Dear 23,
I'm enjoying my happiest days right now. Eat right and work hard at your career and things will improve.

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At 46 life is pretty good. I am about to become mortgage free and start developing a property portfolio.

I have no criminal convictions, I am in good health and an excellent credit rating. I have good qualifications and have always been employed. I have researched before investing cash and never sold a house at a loss. That is what being responsible gets you.

It also got me a wife and stepchildren until recently. I became rrsponsible for them.

What it didn't get me was the women I am seeing now. Responsibility doesn't mean celibacy, monogamy, marriage or a white picket fence.

As for that scruffy guitar playing guy ut was probably Eddie van Halen, Joe Satriani or Slash.