Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When Crap hits the fan equipment and survival tips?

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking what should we do just in case things get more chaotic and gets worse. As you already know there's already an economic and social upheaval, say Wall Street crashing and it causes a huge food shortage and there's a social unrest and people/ thugs could possibly be breaking into your homes and trying to rob you of your goods,

This just really got me thinking, they say that the government might also be having forced vaccinations really soon, Things like potential wars - us getting invaded because of our moral and economic decay, another George Floyd type of scenario but a million times worse to the point where rioters and looters starts attacking suburban neighborhoods just for survival necessities.

So what are things you should do, course of action and equipment wise to prepare for such scenarios?

Me personally, I thought about getting an AR 15 Rifle which is a good weapon for beginners, then also stocking up on food like canned goods, rice and beans, just at least a month worth of supply, also being willing to live off the grid and having survival knowledge is also a good one, etc.

Put in your two cents fellas, we might need this in the future really soon.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Biden is planning to take everyone's guns and restrict online sale of weapons, sounds like they are rolling out the red carpet for China's army

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A gun is an idea. There are too many in circulation for it to ever be possible to seize them, and more could be made easily by any machinist.

And speaking of guns, ar15s are pretty dumb. It is the civilian m16, which if you have ever fired one is like a plastic pistol with a long barrel. The bullets are tiny and were intended to wound the enemy and not kill them, largely because the rifle was first used in vietnam. A wound in the jungle is likely to cause eventual death, and the wounded man is more trouble for the enemy than a dead man.

Rifles are for fighting in the open, which is why the army went to the m4 in iraq for urban combat missions. It has a shorter barrel, easier to maneuver in close quarters.

If you want to defend yourself at close range rather than attack, nothing beats a .12 guage shotgun. A housewife sitting with a shotgun beats any man if he has to go get her in a building. Tactical shotguns have much shorter barrels than hunting guns, 18" is the legal minimum.

My own firearm of choice is a kimber .45, cdp ii custom. I will probably never own a different pistol. I am yet to handle a nicer one. .45 is a supreme stopper of a round. The only downside is that ammo is expensive. If you are just learning to shoot, also buy something in .22 cal for practice so you can fire all the rounds you want without cost being as issue. The gun is only as good as you are with it.

And as far as your sh1t hits the fan plan, it depends on where you are. Either you hunker down or you bug out. If the plan is to run, you have to stay light and mobile, as well as have a place to go to. Access to clean water would be my priority. Everyone will have guns and food but no water, start drinking from puddles, and then get cholera and dysentery.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worrying solves nothing. How about just living your life and adapting if you have to?
Of course you can be a doomsday prepper and be prepared for whatever you might think will come(if it does at all). Or you may prepare as best as possible and not account for a certain scenario that you didn't prepare for.

Do you worry this much before meeting a girl too? Do you carry mints in your pocket by chance?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A gun is an idea. There are too many in circulation for it to ever be possible to seize them, and more could be made easily by any machinist.

And speaking of guns, ar15s are pretty dumb. It is the civilian m16, which if you have ever fired one is like a plastic pistol with a long barrel. The bullets are tiny and were intended to wound the enemy and not kill them, largely because the rifle was first used in vietnam. A wound in the jungle is likely to cause eventual death, and the wounded man is more trouble for the enemy than a dead man.

Rifles are for fighting in the open, which is why the army went to the m4 in iraq for urban combat missions. It has a shorter barrel, easier to maneuver in close quarters.

If you want to defend yourself at close range rather than attack, nothing beats a .12 guage shotgun. A housewife sitting with a shotgun beats any man if he has to go get her in a building. Tactical shotguns have much shorter barrels than hunting guns, 18" is the legal minimum.

My own firearm of choice is a kimber .45, cdp ii custom. I will probably never own a different pistol. I am yet to handle a nicer one. .45 is a supreme stopper of a round. The only downside is that ammo is expensive. If you are just learning to shoot, also buy something in .22 cal for practice so you can fire all the rounds you want without cost being as issue. The gun is only as good as you are with it.

And as far as your sh1t hits the fan plan, it depends on where you are. Either you hunker down or you bug out. If the plan is to run, you have to stay light and mobile, as well as have a place to go to. Access to clean water would be my priority. Everyone will have guns and food but no water, start drinking from puddles, and then get cholera and dysentery.
Agree on clean water, guns and boxed food can be stored for months or years but water takes a lot place to be kept and it needs to be aquired regularly.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm damn near set up. I own a gun, have seven acres of land nowhere near a city, a good well with clean water, and I've begun the process of starting my own business in a building I already own. I took the dive 3 years ago of moving away from the city. There was already too much stupid 5hit going on. Now everyone is scared of all the psychos in the city and I'm just smilin'. Best fvcking thing I ever did.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm damn near set up. I own a gun, have seven acres of land nowhere near a city, a good well with clean water, and I've begun the process of starting my own business in a building I already own. I took the dive 3 years ago of moving away from the city. There was already too much stupid 5hit going on. Now everyone is scared of all the psychos in the city and I'm just smilin'. Best fvcking thing I ever did.
Arent you afraid that someone will get there aiming at your resources?

Did you get enough ammo?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cause starving scared people would probably remember about that guy who has acres of land, a shelter and resources available.
Sure, but how far are those people going to be able to walk? I am rural, too, over a hundred miles from a major city. I don't think the starving masses are going to pose much threat by the time they get to me.

I wouldn't want to be in a city if shtf, but neither will most people there, and it will be mass panic to get out. Eventually the authorities would shut the roads out of the city and seal everyone in, but they would clog almost immediately anyway. Everyone I saw on the prepper shows had some battle tank of a bug out vehicle, but I think an small off road capable motorcycle would be a lot smarter, to drive around traffic jams.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cause starving scared people would probably remember about that guy who has acres of land, a shelter and resources available.
Dude, that's pretty much everyone out here. There's people out here who have more than I do. That's just the way it is when you're living rural. Most of the people out here avoid going to the city at all costs. They would rather spend the extra money on the higher priced groceries than risk running over a methed-out fvck up while trying to get to the grocery store with low prices. I live so far away from the city that people here ask me what it's like which just reinforces their desire to stay away from it. Also, nobody knows where the hell I live anymore because city people think travelling from one end of the city to the other is a "far drive".

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, that's pretty much everyone out here. There's people out here who have more than I do. That's just the way it is when you're living rural. Most of the people out here avoid going to the city at all costs. They would rather spend the extra money on the higher priced groceries than risk running over a methed-out fvck up while trying to get to the grocery store with low prices. I live so far away from the city that people here ask me what it's like which just reinforces their desire to stay away from it. Also, nobody knows where the hell I live anymore because city people think travelling from one end of the city to the other is a "far drive".
This is awesome, add a kickass home gym and an inside swimming pool and thats the life.

Im also sure that you appreciate socializing with the few people you have nearby compated to most of us in the city that avoid taking the elevator if he hear our neightbours are coming up in it.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what are things you should do, course of action and equipment wise to prepare for such scenarios?
Be ready for anything.

Be friends with your neighbors.

Have a couple of guns and a lot of bullets.

Have some silver coins to spend in case the economy collapses.

Keep as low a profile as possible.

All it takes is one dude who remembered you saying something about "prepping" and you've got hundreds of hungry dudes showing up at your house demanding to be fed.

Stay away from crowds.

Know how to fix things like generators, etc.

Have some real world skills others will be willing to pay you for with food, water, bullets, etc.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get in shape and stay in shape. Do not neglect to stock up on your personal hygiene items, medications and extra footwear (quality pairs of boots and socks).

U

user43770

I've been thinking what should we do just in case things get more chaotic and gets worse. As you already know there's already an economic and social upheaval, say Wall Street crashing and it causes a huge food shortage and there's a social unrest and people/ thugs could possibly be breaking into your homes and trying to rob you of your goods,

This just really got me thinking, they say that the government might also be having forced vaccinations really soon, Things like potential wars - us getting invaded because of our moral and economic decay, another George Floyd type of scenario but a million times worse to the point where rioters and looters starts attacking suburban neighborhoods just for survival necessities.

Me personally, I thought about getting an AR 15 Rifle which is a good weapon for beginners, then also stocking up on food like canned goods, rice and beans, just at least a month worth of supply, also being willing to live off the grid and having survival knowledge is also a good one, etc.

Put in your two cents fellas, we might need this in the future really soon.
An ar-15 is a great idea.

Tins of sardines for food. Small, and pack a calorie punch.

Lighters. Not just to use, good for trade, also.

Knife game....learn how to wield a knife.

Also, good flip knives are cheap now, but the price has gone up in the past several months and will continue to.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I strongly suggest a good quality 3d printer and materials and projects you may need.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stock up on ammo for the apocalypse. Pretty sure I'll obtain what I need with that. Lol

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Looks like crap might hit the fan in a couple of months, years or so.

What do you guys think? Please don't make this a political post. But what would you guys do to start preparing right now?