Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When can you stop "running game" and relax?

Mr. Bubble

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Glad have found this site, seems to have some good advice...

The question I want to throw out there for discussion is..when can you stop "running game" and relax. I think it's pretty clear from this site that most guys on this site are "nice, friendly guys," i.e. we don't have the very high level of confidence, ambition, and strategic line of thinking that seems to be necessary to successfully meet women and start a relationship.

Once one gets a girl through the methods advocated however, how does one keep here. Clearly, if one completely stops using the tricks, she may likely dump you, claiming you were acting like someone you weren't.

I suppose one solution is to keep using the strategies until you internalize them and BECOME the Don Juan you've been playing. Honestly, I don't see that as being that great. I pretty much like myself the way I am now, save for not having a woman. And I am not going to change my personality that drastically to have one.

I guess the other option is to slowly reveal yourself little-by-little along the way. While of course running the risk that it will turn the girl off, it seems better than the "play Don Juan forever" approach. And of course, it is better to break up with a woman sooner rather than later, since you can move on to the next prospect.

Just want to hear other people's ideas on this.

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Young Grasshopper...

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand then you can stop "running game".

Actually to answer your question: Being a DJ is a lifestyle of constant self improvement. It's not about chasing women. So if chasing women is your focus then you have a very long way to go.

Women are more attracted to happy, successful alpha males. You work on yourself and you won't have to "run game".

Last edited:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When can you relax and stop running game?

When you can relax WHILE you're running game.

And I am not going to change my personality that drastically to have one.
You already have changed your personality, because,..

I pretty much like myself the way I am now, save for not having a woman.
A woman should be a compliment to a man's life, never the focus of it.

chuchu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don Juan is not about strategies, women, tricks or games, its the way of life.

-Chuchu

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Mr. Bubble,

Finding the right woman for YOU is all about mutually high interest level. Ideally, you want a woman who is a little MORE into you than you are into HER. And the ideal woman for you is the one where the AMOUNT of "game" you'll have to run in order to KEEP her interested is as MINIMAL as possible.

The women that you feel you ALWAYS have to be "ON" whenver you're around them are the ones that will hold the MIRROR up to you. And when you LOOK into that mirror, THEN you'll see that you are NOW "acting". So when you meet a woman that you have to be someone else in order to get or keep her interest, THAT'S the woman who will tempt you to betray who you really are on the inside.

Stay ELEVATED. Don't FALL for that trick.

You've already answered much of your own question in YOUR post. And I recognize and RESPECT your level of self-awareness----you, unlike some who come here, actually LIKE yourself. You did not come as a VACUUM, but as a man who recognizes his value regardless of whether a woman validates you or not.

This is good. Just focus on changing, tweaking, and adding to WHO you are, and you will find that the women who connect with the CORE of who you ARE will STAY. And those who DO NOT, will HAVE to go...

...as it SHOULD BE.

The Victory Unlimited New Recruit Briefing:

Consider the information you get here as WEAPONS for you to sample. Pick out a few, try them out, use them on a few FIELD MISSIONS, THEN decide whether or not THAT weapon is worthy to be added to YOUR arsenal.

If not, then throw it away and yank another big assed Uzi from off the DJ Gunrack. Do this until you get SO comfortable using the techniques, strategies, and weapons that you INTERNALIZE THEM---and they become a part of who YOU are. You must focus on becoming a LIVING WEAPON.

Never change anything you like about yourself (ESPECIALLY if it's working) just because the DJ Bible or some famous poster says it's Whack. Filter your training here through the lens of behaviors that you have ALREADY battle-tested for yourself. Is who YOU are working? Or is it NOT?

Dont' fall into the trap of HORIZONTAL THINKING and assume like many here that ALL women are EXACTLY the same. Yes, there are MANY similiarities, so ONLY those that break the mold in a POSITIVE way should merit more than 5 minutes of your concentrated attention. Until one rises to the top by the BEHAVIORS towards you that she exhibits, treat them all the same.

Continue to focus on being a better man. Sosuave is just a headquarters, a training ground, a military school for you to use to build yoursef into a TRUE MASCULINE MAN. In MY branch of the sosuave Armed Services, this is defined as a MAN who rules himself----and is NOT ruled by women, his hormones, his weaknesses, OR the 'half-assed" opinions of other people. So BATTLE-TEST everything...

As you go about your missions, you will find that there are women that you need to use only a minimum amount of strategies, techniques, and weapons to engage. And you will also meet women who REQUIRE that you use your WHOLE arsenal in order to engage. Much of this depends on how high that woman's interest in YOU actually is.

Growth into a mature man is often predicated on how well you can discern the two apart, AND how DEDICATED you are to ONLY engaging those women that you suspect will ultimately ADD to your life rather than detract from it.

Welcome to the War, soldier.

You HAVE been briefed.

March on!

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You've been "running game" all your life. The only difference here is that we're teaching ourselves how to make our "game" more efficient. You stop running game when you wanna stop having sex.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo LJC,

I hear you, man. But I believe we're actually in AGREEMENT. The short explanation as to why the level of "game" between a man and the type of women BEST suited to him should be minimal is based on just ONE thing:

Mutual high interest level between a man and woman, but with the man always operating from the vantagepoint of POSITIVE masculinity.

It has been my observation AND MY EXPERIENCE, that when THIS is in effect, a man is well equipped to handle his day-to-day interactions with his woman WITHOUT having to be embroiled in a 24-hour shyt test every day.

Now here's the LONG answer:

Perhaps it was lost in the translation, but that's why I put the word "game" in the quotation marks----because I recognize that simply the act of calling it a "game" itself is what transforms the things that naturally cognizant, maculine men do ANYWAY into something that most view as EFFORT. You are right when you suggest that it THEN becomes something else to do, to learn, to avoid, to prepare yourself for, etc.

But remember soldier, they didn't have Internet Forums, Men's support groups, Relationship Gurus, etc. BACK IN THE DAY.

Why? Because how a man was supposed to act was naturally modeled for him by his father and the OTHER men in his life WHILE he was still a child. And also, unlike today, there did NOT exist a massive media attack hellbent on destroying the very fabric of everything MASCULINE----positive and NEGATIVE alike.

What I have just written, and WHATEVER I post here is "usually" A CALL TO ARMS for all men to remember, to reclaim, and to RECONNECT with their POSITIVE masculinity.

This is what becoming a Living Weapon is all about. Equipping yourself, honing yourself, and training yourself to be able to destroy all enemies to your well being in EVERY area of your life.

People only started calling this stuff "game" in order to identify it, recognize it, teach it, or learn from it. This is why I say that the goal is to internalize the behaviors, techniques, and strategies to the point where you are a LIVING WEAPON. When this level of development has been reached, no one can tell where the man ENDS and the techniques he uses BEGINS. This is the goal.

THEN, what we call "game" becomes NATURAL, just like those friends of yours you mentioned. When you ARE a weapon, you can indeed reach the point where you have no constant awareness of WHAT it is you are doing unless it is POINTED OUT to you by someone else----or, unless you are made aware of what you are exuding by some other means.

This is why there are SOME men who wouldn't be caught DEAD on a site like this one. This is why there are some men who actually find it HILARIOUS that a site like this EVEN EXISTS----let alone have tens of thousands of members.

And this is ALSO why a lot of these SAME men, when you ask them what it is they are doing to be so successful with women-----they CANNOT really articulate it. Because to them it is as natural as breathing.

These men are NATURAL, LIVING WEAPONS.

And to a natural living weapon, the horrors, the violence, and the subtle nuiances of waging this WAR between the sexes are not strange, off-putting, or confusing...

No. To THEM, all this stuff we discuss here is just...NORMAL.

And when something IS, or HAS BEEN rendered normal to a man (which is what self-made, masculine men like myself and HOSTS of others have fought to accomplish)----the amount of effort it takes to DO that thing becomes...MINIMAL.

So THIS is the goal that I speak of.

For the Victory Unlimited use of the word "game" is ACTUALLY just a catch-all word to describe both the knowledge and application of standard operating procedures as it pertains to becoming more successful with WOMEN, and in life in general----but ON PURPOSE!

Peace...one day.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paradox said:
When you can snatch the pebble from my hand then you can stop "running game".
And when you stop trying to grasp the pebble you will find it in your hand effortlessly.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LJC said:
So I'm curious. How does one in a natural state working with minimal conscious effort recognize or differentiate a slip in "game" from the usual set backs that come with the territory?

Yo LJC,

I believe that the answer to the question you are asking lies within the first half of THIS statement that I made:

Mutual high interest level between a man and woman, but with the man always operating from the vantage point of POSITIVE masculinity.
Of course, I can't know for sure, but I suspect that both "slips in the game AND setbacks that come with the territory" are signs of THE BEGINNING of a guy losing interest in the woman he's with. Why do I say this? Because that old adage DOES have some truth to it:

Familiarity breeds contempt.

You mentioned that at times, it got TOO easy. Well, when ANY challenge gets too easy, we run the risk of becoming complacent---we start taking shyt for granted---because we STOP valuing it as highly as we used to, should have, or ought to. In other words we START losing our initially HIGH interest in the woman simply BECAUSE we think of her more as a CHALLENGE rather than as a "whole" person.

So therefore, due to pride and usually an out of control ego, OUR half of the mutual high interest "see saw" starts to get out of balance, and the relationship eventually falls to the ground---HARD.

The harsh reality is that we no longer see the woman as valuable enough to KEEP being the best we can be TOWARDS her. I believe it is our subconcious mind actually finding ways to PUSH the woman away----inspite of the fact that we claim to still want her ON THE SURFACE.

I still hold the belief that if we DID think MORE of the woman (at THAT point) that it would still be continuously reflected towards her by the amount of respect we show OURSELVES while we're in her presence.

Sometimes women can do things to lower OUR interest in them, and sometimes we lower OUR OWN interest in them all by ourselves. When the latter happens, I believe it is mostly the result of either UNREALISTIC standards we have set up for the woman to meet, OR it is because our motivations for "engaging" the chick were less than HOLISTIC from the beginning.

What I mean by that is this:

There is a societal mindset fueled by a testosterone-crazed (and ENSLAVED) male majority that HELPS to push men to view women ONLY as random targets for EJACULATIONS. For holding this world view, most men, and a ghastly number of women, routinely congratulate and award men who work to continually foster, maintain, and spread this mindset throughout most of the Western world.

Men receive multiple "pats on the back" when they tell their boys about all the women they fukk---but they get only a a lackluster response or ridicule for consistently, and HAPPILY fukking ONE woman. You see, in this society, the MORE women they fukk, the MORE accolades and positive reinforcement other guys give them. But the price a lot of guys pay in order to acheive the HIGH SCORE in Babe-Banging is that they are internally "altered".

In order to avoid the emotional upheaval that USUALLY comes from fukking multiple chicks and then leaving multiple chicks, while also trying to contnue to IGNORE the reality of the BONDING nature of the sex act, many men must, out of necessity, come up with ways to DE-HUMANIZE these women in their own minds.

Some even go so far as to make FEEBLE attempts to brand those men who DO continue to have a personal code of ethics as somehow "weak". But they do this ONLY to distract themselves from their glaring need for self-evaluation.

The road to desentization makes many twists and turns, but they all lead to the same deadend mindset:

The more successfully they can THINK of the woman as only a collection of body parts----a sex object ONLY---the better.

You see, THEN, the woman in question really isn't a woman at all in the end---she's just a target, a piece of territory (pusssy) to plant your flag on (in). She's just a conquest. And the interesting thing about viewing women as conquests ONLY, is that ONCE the battle is over----SO is the relationship, usually.

This is why, if a guy is actually open to eventually forging a lasting bond with a woman, I would not recommend that he embark on the path of just carelessly fukking multiple women. Dating, getting to KNOW multiple women? YES. But not necessarily fukking them all. Why? Because we are not little boys here in the Mature Man Forum, we are MEN. And AS men, we must admit to ourselves that EVERY piece of pusssy that's offered up to us IS NOT worth the bullshyt and drama that comes with it-----"AFTER THE LOVIN' ".

I'm sure we've all hooked up with a chick whereas the ejaculation that we had with her WASN'T worth the stalking charge and the restraining order that we had to put on her ass later. And the truth about what makes situations like this idiotic is that we KNEW the chick was kinda crazy BEFORE we hit it. lol

And the REASON we "hit it" was because we had successfully dehumanized her to SEX TOY status. But what sites like THESE don't usually tell you about is this risk of emotional DESENSITIZATION that can come with that kind of lifestyle. NOBODY talks much about this dark side of DJing because they like to PRETEND that it doesn't exist. But I know better...and so do they.

Because, if a man DOESN'T really have a holistic appreciation or attraction for a woman, the easier, the quicker, and the more likely he is to lose interest in her. Or take her for granted. Or find her boring---thus becoming boring to HER, himself.

Loss of interest breeds laziness. And laziness breeds apathy. Apathy breeds procrastination. And procrastination is BROTHER to the saboteur. This is a form of self-sabotage that many men engage in but either never see, or are reluctant to admit to.

Also:

Where's the line between becoming more of a challenge and self-sabotage? How would someone else avoid the downward spiral I had experienced?
This is a GREAT question, dude. I believe that the answer is simple, though. "Becoming more of a challenge" is what a man focuses on when his interest level in the woman is STILL high. While "engaging in self-sabotage" is what a man does when his interest is NOW low. That's the difference. I think THAT'S the dividing line. The answer to your quesion was IMBEDDED in your question itself. Think about it...

Also, the ONLY way I can think of to avoid the "downward spiral" into self-sabotage is to engage ONLY women that you have a high, yet realistic, AND holistic interest in.

Now that takes REAL maturity and self-control, now doesn't it?

Peace...one day.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like Paradox, Chuchu, and Grinder said. If you've got your shyte together, you need not "run game" at all.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Bonhomme said:
Like Paradox, Chuchu, and Grinder said. If you've got your shyte together, you need not "run game" at all.
It's all "game". Being "real" means playing the games YOU want to play on YOUR terms. There's not much more to it.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not something you turn on and off. Its a lifestyle change.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all "game".
This reminds me of a response some radical late 60s musician (I think it was one of the guys in the Fugs, or maybe Frank Zappa) said in a questionnaire about "political music": "all music is political music."

Interesting point. But have a definite idea of what "running game" means to me. Whatever it is, it certainly could be accomplished with a relaxed attitude, and that's the main point.

Which brings to mind the Sufi parable about the holy man who could do amazing miracles, but only as long as he was doing them as a joke.

FM 3321

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remulak said:
Unfortunately the game never stops,

It's interesting that you say "unfortunately" because I think that when a guy gets good at this game it becomes alot of fun. Imagine knowing that whenever you go out to the social scene you're gonna make girls laugh, have them attracted to you and eventually get laid. Also imagine when you have your game so good that dealing with challenges and tests women throw at you become fun because you're doing nothing but increasing her sexual desire when you're playing with her. My game isn't where I would like it to be today, I had to let go of a girl I have oneitis with this week (deleted her from MySpace) and move on. When you fail at the game it hurts but when you start winning that's when it becomes FUN FUN FUN. I think it's very worthwhile to go through the reading, practicing, trials and tribulations of learning the game until you're good and then I think it becomes fun. To throw out an analogy when you first learn to play a guitar it really sucks but when you've mastered the skill it becomes really fun. This game is here to stay and it isn't going to change anytime soon. It's never changed to be honest.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like you are asking when you need to stop being a man.

Most of the problems guys have that are associated with women have to do with them not acting like MEN. Once you get yourself to the point where you are acting the way you should, there's no more need for "tricks" as you put it.