when a plate starts to game you

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think wer getting off track. this guys girl is playing games with him. how does he regain control?

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing with the Devil by the pale moonlight.
Romjuan said:
i think wer getting off track. this guys girl is playing games with him. how does he regain control?
thanks Romjuan!

She's just a plate that I was providing a fun status update on thats all.
I will provide my comments on the original responders when I get home from work.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
"Plate" is for lack of a better term. I don't think it's too difficult to understand. It's not intended to be cruel, just referential.

The more pertinent question is why does it bother you?
Ha ha , nice comeback. An even more pertinent question is, "Why does it bother you that it bothers us ?"

RT, somethings are just plain annoying - like a busted light globe.

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Me said:
What exactly is this particular "game" she's playing?
She's using tactics that we discuss on here and that I have read in ebooks for how to lure somebody in.

Romjuan said:
See above. I have learned a lot here guys, the C&F is flowing like the Salmon of Sapistrano with this one. No worries.

Rollo Tomassi said:
"Plate" is for lack of a better term. I don't think it's too difficult to understand. It's not intended to be cruel, just referential.
Amazing said:
Why do you have to call them anything but women and girls. That is what I am asking. When an `option` starts gaming you sounds just as stupid
See above and below.

darkstarrr said:
Well, I think plate is a briliant word for the message it conveys. Like a plate spinner who spins plates on sticks and his hands. When one falls he can't spend much time at all being sad or upset about the one that fell because he must focus his attention and energy into the others. I'm new here and these terms are new and catchy to me.
squirrels said:
Dude, if I was ever talking to someone in real life and they referred to a woman as a "plate", I would be very tempted not to smack them upside their head.
See above.

darkstarrr said:
i must be prepared to answer the questions which are destined to follow!
-am i seeing anyone else
Mr. Me said:
First thing I thought of was:

"How can I?
You're blocking my view."

But this idea of the OP's that these questions are destined to follow... it's so dramatic. I can't wait for the next torrid, heart-pounding post.
That's a good one Mr.Me! Yea the convos with this girl are getting out of hand. Very good practice.

jophil28 said:
The objective is to always deflect a woman's questions to create more doubt and intrigue. That raises her interest in you because it triggers more tension and anxiety in her.
Answering her questions in the way that she wants. ..it pops the balloon.
Answer her in a playful, ****y way. IT never fails.

She, "Are you seeing anyone else.."
You, "Hmmm,yes i have some vacant space.. who do you have in mind? You got a hot friend for me ?" ( She slaps you - bullseye !)

She, " What do you think of me?" ( THis means -do you find me hot ?)
You, " You're cool. WE could be great together if you lost those green shoes."

She," What do I mean to you ? " (THis is a trap to reveal what your future thoughts are about a possible LTR) .)

You," I need an easier question." ( Make a sly grin )
You again," You are OK I guess..but we gotta talk about those shoes ( Another arm punch from her..)
Priceless information there with the deflecting of a woman's questions to create more doubt and intrigue. I like your examples, too. Especially the ones with the green shoes and "need an easier question".

Scaramouche said:
Dear DarkStarr,
You are playing this very well,just never give them an honest answer,always convey the impression that if they could only try harder,they just might have a chance...As to Craigs response,yes you could be right but that would be exceptional,in general women with kids are a No Go area....
Your advice is spot on with Jophil's and also priceless.

Craig Reeves said:
It seems to me from over here that you are afraid you're actually going to start liking this woman. You don't want to date her because she has a kid You shouldn't try to force yourself to stay away from a girl just because of something like that. You might be throwing out something good. Just be careful,.
AAAgent said:
You need to make your own assumptions whether she is worthy to be a plate or even to take the next step further.
Very good points AAA and Craig. I will see where it goes while staying strong with my stance that I am not ready for a relationship (unless of course my feelings change which leads me to the below).

darkstarrr said:
i'm going to take some of my energy away from this plate and focus it into the other plates and new plates to make sure i don't fall for her love tactics.
Mr. Me said:
>> then she starts asking me what I tell people about her (which implies she tells people about me) >>

Perhaps, but I get that she's asking because she's trying to ascertain if you see her as more then just a FWB, not because that's what she wants, but to see if that's where your head's really at.
Intersting how intricately their minds can operate. What I took from your post is to just be careful not to jump to conclusions because if I get too ****y, for example, and acting overtly that I can act like a shmuch to her when really she is just gauging what my feelings are toward the situation with her - it could all back fire and she could back off completely.

I've been learning a lot here guys. I'm interested to see how well I fare in my next LTR whenever that is. Meaning how well I have incorporated this mode of operating into who I am rather then just using these as tactics and then when the wall comes down I am toast. Any suggestions on that?

darkstarrr said:
-am i seeing anyone else
taiyuu_otoko said:
-not right now. (now of course means this second, she can interpret it differently if she wants)

-is that important to you?

-when I'm with you I feel really good

-I enjoy being with you

-I like the way your nose wiggles when you talk

-I like you because you don't put pressure on me like other girls

-I like you because you have enough self confidence to let things develop naturally

-I like you because (whatever quality you'd like her to live up to)
Wow. Ross Jeff-ries guru I see. Let things develop naturally? I remember reading (I mean listening to on the tapes) that one 10 years ago! Great examples. Reading these and the other guys helps not by memorizing the examples but by seeing the trend and recognizing that for what it is.

Thanks!

taiyuu_otoko said:
girls trying to game you are great opportunities to increase your own skills, don't run away from it. Learn from it. Become better for the next plate, and the next, and the next.....
:rockon:

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's using tactics that we discuss on here and that I have read in ebooks for how to lure somebody in.
Well, I didn't get that at all from what you posted, and it really sounded more like you're reading too much into her and over reacting. Really. I think she's looking just to be a f@ck buddy if you ask me.

darkstarrr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just an update.
went out with plate 2 on saturday night got wasted at cheesecake factory, great night. :whistle: plate 3 (with the kid) got pissed at me last week and ignored me for about a day so i let it go then she came back around on saturday wrote on my wall asking what happened and that she waited all night for me to call. yesterday she was not feeling well (in the head i presumed) and then we played scrabble and after she said she felt better. :nervous: i agreed to go to a movie with her at the premier cinema (21+ they serve booze/food and have big leather chairs with pullout tables) on thursday (can't on wednesday because Lost is on :rockon: ). so today we are chatting on IM and she says she wants to change her kids name since her divorce is now finalized and if i have any ideas. :moon:

oh one last thing sometimes when she talks to me i get this weird idea in my head that she is talking to me like i am her little boy (like she tells me to be a good boy) and it kinda freaks me out i dont know if i want to wreck her bed some more or run out of her house with my pants around my ankles.

anyway, over and out on this thread guys.

Blackdon

Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
Dude, if I was ever talking to someone in real life and they referred to a woman as a "plate", I would be very tempted not to smack them upside their head.
It is natural, for communities to come up with terms and concepts that ease communication among it's members. If calling women "plates", on this forum clearly drives the point home, why not stick to it?