Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When a girl "forgets" your name

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed the strangest thing with a couple of girls I know. One of them I have known for several years, went out with her a couple of times even. The other one is a casual acquaintance who I have only known for a few months.

So here's the deal. Both of these girls have to make it a point to "forget" my name. The one that I have known for years OBVIOUSLY knows my name. I bump into her from time to time, and everytime I run into her after it has been awhile she always asks, "What was your name again? Hahaha, just kidding..."

The other one I met when I went out with a group of friends a few months ago. She was flirting with me all night (too bad I was kinda in a relationship at the time). We both live within walking distance of the bars downtown, so I see her regularly on the street and in the clubs. She ALWAYS makes a point to approach me, chats me up, and gives me the eye, but always says she can't remember my name. Night before last at the club she did it again. I told her, "You always forget my name, and I always remember yours". She says, "Yea, and I'm sure I'll forget next time too". I pretended to be pissed and turned away, then she quickly says she is only joking, of course she knows my name.

So WTF is the deal with chicks doing this stuff? It seems like a stupid little power game to me.

The casual acquaintance is friends with my buddy's girl.....the other night he told me I should do her. I'm about 99% sure it would be in the bag. Next time she pulls the name thing I'm gonna have a good comeback. Any ideas for a comeback that might help get her in the sack?

Vandermast

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are these girls in highschool?

Thier perception of you has changed somehow and they want you to be aware of it. That is the only explaination I can think of, I never looked too much into it but this is a reminder. Str8up, these girls sound like they are immature. I've noticed you run into this type, don't sweat it, before you know it you'll sincerely forget thier names by accident.

I remember being in jr.highschool and being one of the popular kids. I was in a class by myself and the girls in my class were warm and liked me a lot.

Fast foward to highschool it was all cool but then during the last 2 years in highschool, the same girls I've had memories with in my classes back then, when I'd see them they would make it a point to make it obvious and ask "What's your name?". Now as a person never a deep AFC, I knew this was some kind of a point they were trying to come across and make and I never budged. I would always tell them a fake generic name like "My name is John Smith" and I would look in thier eyes and in say it in the same kind of tone they asked "What's your name"

A particular girl that I was really good friends with did this to me and it made me lose a certain respect for her because I knew she knew my name. Even if she 'DID' forget, the ceramics teacher ALWAYS called our names out for attendance. After I did the 'generic name' answer she'd say and respond with.. "NOoooo, that's not your name... your name is ___insert real name here___

Last edited:

Reborn Don Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
The next time she does that, say, "Well, thank God you remember to take a bath everyday." Then sniff and go, "Or do you?"

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, these girls aren't in high school. The one I have known for years is in her late 30's, the other one is early-mid 20's. The older one is kind of an attention wh0re. The other one is pretty wild....giving her friend (female) lap dances in the club and stuff. I guess they both love attention.

But the question still remains, what's up with the name thing???

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just ask yourself this, "Have you ever forgotten a hot girl's name?"

Translation:

"What's your name, again." = "You don't make me wet."

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe she is playing around with you. but keep in mind that people aren't always trying to mess with you. there is a possibility she really does forget names easily. i fall in that category. i sometimes forget people's names despite hanging out with them in groups several times. some people, like myself, are absent minded and in no way trying to gain one over someone for forgetting a name

djuno

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phantasmal
Girl: What's your name again?
You: [Insert Name]. But soon, you'll be calling me Daddy.
HAHA omg man i love it....great call call mate :)

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How've ya been STR8UP?

Sorry bro but I'm with Juan_Man on this. They are playing a game, but it's not the kind of game women play with men they want to fvck. They enjoy the reactions they get out of you, and a comeback will only add fuel to the fire. I wouldn't bother with the comebacks, and I wouldn't act pissed off either. This is one of those situations where it's better to ignore them and forget about fvcking them. At best you can use them as social proof and at worst you'll stop wasting your time.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftkey
How've ya been STR8UP?

Sorry bro but I'm with Juan_Man on this. They are playing a game, but it's not the kind of game women play with men they want to fvck. They enjoy the reactions they get out of you, and a comeback will only add fuel to the fire. I wouldn't bother with the comebacks, and I wouldn't act pissed off either. This is one of those situations where it's better to ignore them and forget about fvcking them. At best you can use them as social proof and at worst you'll stop wasting your time.
Never been better....thanks for asking.

The older one I could care less about, but the younger one always gets the deer in headlights look when I'm around. Just one of those "I wanna fukk you" vibes. I don't get the impression she is looking for a boyfriend, just sex, so I'm figuring this is just her way of flirting. So now that I am single....

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP
Never been better....thanks for asking.

The older one I could care less about, but the younger one always gets the deer in headlights look when I'm around. Just one of those "I wanna fukk you" vibes. I don't get the impression she is looking for a boyfriend, just sex, so I'm figuring this is just her way of flirting. So now that I am single....
If that's what your gut's telling you, forget the game and try to close. What are you waiting for?

medaille

Don Juan
Reaction score
What they say shouldn't have any bearing on your actions. They'll say far more with body language and other non-verbal cues and that is what you should be listening to.

As to the reason why they do it. No one knows for certain, but you stand the best chance out of anyone because you can read their non-verbal cues. the best we can do is hope that your girl is sending you the same cues that we've recieved when getting those lines.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "reply" question was an afterthought. The real question is "why do they do it"?

No doubt since I am not attached anymore I might as well see what this chick is about. Not THE most attractive girl in the world, but definitely doable.

And I think she might like girls too. My last experience with a bisexual chick sucked cause she was only into one on one sex. What kind of sh!t is that??

Zonder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Are these girls in highschool?

It means they're into you but don't want to make it too obvious. They also think they shouldn't appear too eager or they may scare you away.

They overanalyze the situation and think, "If he finds out I remember his name, he may figure out I've been thinking about him." Obviously, when one thinks about you more, he'll more easily remember your name. They've been doing it a lot, so it's hard for them to judge if they should be remembering your name or not.

From their perspective, once a man figures out they've been thinking about him a lot (and who knows in which positions), he can play them anyway he wants. And you probabably can.

Long story short, it's just a slightly awkward version of playing hard to get, and being afraid to show they are into you. Just make a move and they'll be making you breakfast before you know it.

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Are these girls in highschool?

Originally posted by Zonder
It means they're into you but don't want to make it too obvious. They also think they shouldn't appear too eager or they may scare you away.

They overanalyze the situation and think, "If he finds out I remember his name, he may figure out I've been thinking about him." Obviously, when one thinks about you more, he'll more easily remember your name. They've been doing it a lot, so it's hard for them to judge if they should be remembering your name or not.

From their perspective, once a man figures out they've been thinking about him a lot (and who knows in which positions), he can play them anyway he wants. And you probabably can.
Intesting perspective. I agree.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shezzler and Zonder sound pretty on point w. this 1

I would skip right over the top of her, when she asks you. And give her the look of, ya... I got your number! Then let that twinkle in your eye be sheer ownership, and superior ****y value, and advanced game. Then let all this melt into a slightly cheeky subtle smile. Give her the next moment or 2, to drink of your glorious response to her lil game. Hehehee... ya... then take her home and spank the sh1t outta dat a$$.

Then after you cream her, and your kickin back in bed... she's still twitching from your ownership... drop Phantasmal's line outta nowhere...

"Just call me Daddy!" lol

-DarkLight-

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex gf said that to me on the first date, she said when I msged her she forgot who I was.
This happened to me last week, I had a really good connection with a girl and my phone was dead.
She approached my car and asked for my contact. Said a random name, she was like is your name Edward?

There might be something to this I don't wanna be too eager thing.