Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When a chick gains a couple of "points" on the rating scale

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets say you hook up with a chick.

Say she has a little baby fat. Not a whale, but not thin. Pretty face and all, but she could stand to lose a few pounds. You two hook up, and she REALLY likes you.

A few years later you reconnect. This time around she's lost the baby fat. She's pretty hot. She's in her early 20's, in college, and looking good. Basically, she has plenty of options.

So in this type of scenario, if the chick has been into you the whole time you've known her, and suddenly she finds herself "in a different league", do you think her attraction for you would diminish if she finds herself going from a 6 to an 8?

I suppose it all depends on where YOU fall on the rating scale and how she perceives herself. But lets say that she initially perceived you as slightly above her on the rating scale, but now she sees herself as HIGHER than you on the scale.

What do you think?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with how your perceived attractiveness and value changes... though her perception may change as the characteristics of her social circle (esp. vis-a-vis men who are her prospects) changes.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, in my opinion I think that a woman is less likely to factor in her increase in options, simply because I believe that attraction runs so much deeper with women. It isn't all about your physical appearance. Your attitude is so much more important. If you TREAT her as if she has surpassed you, her attraction WILL decrease. But women are like mirrors; they reflect what is in front of them. If you maintain your standing in YOUR eyes, you will retain it in hers.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Lets say you hook up with a chick.

Say she has a little baby fat. Not a whale, but not thin. Pretty face and all, but she could stand to lose a few pounds. You two hook up, and she REALLY likes you.

A few years later you reconnect. This time around she's lost the baby fat. She's pretty hot. She's in her early 20's, in college, and looking good. Basically, she has plenty of options.

So in this type of scenario, if the chick has been into you the whole time you've known her, and suddenly she finds herself "in a different league", do you think her attraction for you would diminish if she finds herself going from a 6 to an 8?

I suppose it all depends on where YOU fall on the rating scale and how she perceives herself. But lets say that she initially perceived you as slightly above her on the rating scale, but now she sees herself as HIGHER than you on the scale.

What do you think?
I think that what you are asking is whether you have a good shot with her now that she is HOTTER - of course you do . This is the same chick with the same emotions.
This rating stuff can get you crazy STR8.Your post is a good example of why we should NOT place gospel confidence in ratings and the "hotness" scale or make comparisons. We are talking human behavior - NOT science ( even though the humanities people like to think of themselves as members of the scientific community).
ASk her out for a drink or some coffee or whatever. Use the skills that you have acquired and you will be fine (unless of course she is in an LTR or married )
TO

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
It all depends on how god you fvcked her before.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
I think that what you are asking is whether you have a good shot with her now that she is HOTTER - of course you do . This is the same chick with the same emotions.
This rating stuff can get you crazy STR8.Your post is a good example of why we should NOT place gospel confidence in ratings and the "hotness" scale or make comparisons. We are talking human behavior - NOT science ( even though the humanities people like to think of themselves as members of the scientific community).
ASk her out for a drink or some coffee or whatever. Use the skills that you have acquired and you will be fine (unless of course she is in an LTR or married )
TO
Oh no....I already know it's in the bag.

She is coming into town next weekend and the original premise was to "hang out with friends" but now it's dinner after work then drinks at my place and she "doesn't know who else is going out".

Anyway....I didn't want to get into the details since we all know that the details police will come out and try to frame me for a crime I may or may not have committed (lol), but it was another thought that crossed my mind that I wanted to throw out there.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dongfu said:
It all depends on how god you fvcked her before.
Put it this way.

She's one of the ones who raves about the fact that it was good.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just hold the line Str8up.

Keep the mindset that you are the man 100%, totally awesome, irresistable chick magnet.

She has gotten hotter but she is still fortunate and actually lucky to be getting another chance at you.

Fate has smiled kindly on her as it were.

Dongfu

Banned
Reaction score
Wherever the Dong guides me, but mostly Hawaii
no sweat then

Last edited:

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
Just hold the line Str8up.

Keep the mindset that you are the man 100%, totally awesome, irresistable chick magnet.

She has gotten hotter but she is still fortunate and actually lucky to be getting another chance at you.

Fate has smiled kindly on her as it were.
I know she's increased her rating....my friends have even made comments about it.

But to be honest I'm still not any more attracted to her than I was before. I have just gotten to know her better and she's a really cool chick so any increase in attraction is not due to looks.

It is cool to have a 22 yr old college chick sweatin' you when you're 36 though, hehe.

Fun times await!

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it has more to do with her own self image then anything else. You get some gorgeous women who will date average looking men because of their own poor self image. Likewise with the fatties who wont date anyone but a wealthy Mens Health cover model.

If her self image has improved, then its only natural to think that her standards would have improved too. She would have more options. Men are no different. As you earn more and build a better body, you also start to have more options. That will make you more picky.

My 2 cents

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Provided that she had high enough IL in the past, it will have ZERO impact. What will have impact is how YOU treat her. If you treat her like she's shot up 2 points on the scale and has surpassed you and now she's the prize, then your doomed for failure.

You have to treat her like you did before and your in like flint. The key is always the same no matter what, attraction is attraction, so just play your regular game and it will lead to success. Its that simple, don't over think it, don't worry about how she's changed, focus on you and how you've improved in the past couple of years.

ZenGodMod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet you she hasn't changed much other then the few pounds she dropped. Your question str8up, does it become harder to game her since she upped a little on the rate scale... hmmm....over someone who hasn't changed much at all, the answer will always be "not much at all".

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Its that simple, don't over think it, don't worry about how she's changed, focus on you and how you've improved in the past couple of years.
This is more of a hypothetical question, cause I already know she's just as into me now as she was back then.

I just couldn't help but remember watching the TV show Webster back in the 90's where the dad was really nice to the underage and overweight babysitter (or something like that) and then she comes back around a few years later SMOKIN hot and legal and remembers his "kindness" and wants to hook up with him, lol.

This is just one of those things that triggered my curiosity and I thought the great minds on the MM forum might have some good input.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
STR8UP said:

What do you think?
97% of the time, unattractive women aren't "into" the men they're with. They are with such men because they've settled(and vice versa with the guy), as they can't get the type of guy they want. I'm sure you know this. If they somehow ever "blossom" into a better looking woman, they will break out and ditch the guy. Unattractive and attractive women have the same preferences when it comes to men. They are no different. Both want the "Player"/"Alpha male". The difference obviously is, the attractive women can basically get any man they want, while the unattractive women can't.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
AgonyUncle said:
You get some gorgeous women who will date average looking men because of their own poor self image.
Again, a gorgeous woman KNOWS she's gorgeous. When a woman knows she's HOT, her self-esteem is HIGH. It's basic common sense. I really laugh when I hear some of you guys say hot women are insecure. Yes, they might be insecure about a couple of things here and there(who's not?) about themselves, but overall they know they're HOT pieces of ass and don't have to worry about getting men. An attractive woman will never get to the point where she will "settle". Cases like that are very rare.

Last edited:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
edger said:
97% of the time, unattractive women aren't "into" the men they're with. They are with such men because they've settled(and vice versa with the guy), as they can't get the type of guy they want. I'm sure you know this. If they somehow ever "blossom" into a better looking woman, they will break out and ditch the guy. Unattractive and attractive women have the same preferences when it comes to men. They are no different. Both want the "Player"/"Alpha male". The difference obviously is, the attractive women can basically get any man they want, while the unattractive women can't.
I agree with all this, but in Str8up's case I believe it when he says this girl was really into him before and is still into him now.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
If they somehow ever "blossom" into a better looking woman, they will break out and ditch the guy.
There are two factors at work here. How much she is attracted to YOU, and how she sees herself.

Even if her self image improves, if she IS attracted to you enough I don't believe it will have much bearing. If her attraction was only lukewarm and her self image improves, chances are she's gonna be moving on.