Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats your opinion about hitting on a gym receptionist?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually share the dont fvck where you work/train line but given she is in her late 20s/early 30s and Im in my late 30s the potential for drama should be less.

I also have reason to believe its a safe bet cause we lock eyes any time we talk and she complimented on my "results" many times.

It's a yay or nay in your opinion? I often take riskful decisions so a cold feedback would be appreciated.

My intention is a fvck buddy type relationship.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So assume she turns you down. In front of other people...."I don't date clients, and you should be ashamed asking me. I'm young enough to be your daughter!"

You gonna change gyms?

Look at it from her perspective....

She has no way to get away from your advances and her job is to be nice to you....is that really fair to make her stand up for herself?

Are you gonna pester her every time you see her? Now YOU might not but some other A-Hole might...

and that's why she should turn down any and all advances from gym members and staff while she works there.

Now if you meet her out at the bar and she makes an effort to connect with you then that is neutral territory and you can shoot your shot. perhaps you can flirt lightly about places you like to hang out and "run into each other" out there but damn dude, the gym is a place of refuge.....

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
OP, just go for it.

Oh, and just tune out anyone who says 'don't sh!t where you eat.'

Last edited:

Davidlima

Don Juan
Reaction score
So assume she turns you down. In front of other people...."I don't date clients, and you should be ashamed asking me. I'm young enough to be your daughter!"

You gonna change gyms?

She has no way to get away from your advances and her job is to be nice to you....is that really fair to make her stand up for herself?

Are you gonna pester her every time you see her? Now YOU might not but some other A-Hole might...

and that's why she should turn down any and all advances from gym members and staff while she works there.

Agora, se você a encontrar no bar e ela fizer um esforço para se conectar com você, então isso é território neutro e você pode atirar. talvez você possa flertar levemente sobre lugares que você gosta de sair e "esbarrar um no outro" por aí, mas cara, a academia é um lugar de refúgio ...
[/CITAR]
I quite agree with your opinion, but the body language you can see if the girl is being polite or interested, but there is that bias that we see here that we want to see

joesbigship

Banned
Reaction score
I usually share the dont fvck where you work/train line but given she is in her late 20s/early 30s and Im in my late 30s the potential for drama should be less.

I also have reason to believe its a safe bet cause we lock eyes any time we talk and she complimented on my "results" many times.

It's a yay or nay in your opinion? I often take riskful decisions so a cold feedback would be appreciated.

No offense, truly, but you've been on the forum since 2012. Do you really need our permission to go for a date after a decade discussing dating?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The problem is that this is a person that you are going to have to see every day. So I would be extra subtle and avoid saying anything that could get you into trouble.

They say "don't **** where you eat" but in this case I'd say it's more a case of "don't blast diarrhea all over the breakfast buffet".

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good question, I've had this dilemma too.

There was a time when I saw a nicely musculed woman at my gym. She was muscular yet feminine. She had earbuds in. I couldn't get her attention. A couple days later, I saw her at the front desk of my gym. I talked to her. It turns out she's a trainer there and I saw her working out on her personal time. That woman was mostly a trainer but did work the front desk 1 day a week.

I did find her Instagram and saw she had a ton of bf pics. I didn't follow her on Instagram.

Even if I didn't find her Instagram, I wouldn't have tried to explore it. I would see her enough that it would be a nuisance if the interaction soured at some point. I don't want to change gyms because my gym is a uniquely good situation.

With women who work with the public, you are far better positioned for success if you meet her when she's not on the clock.

It's better to hit on other gym members at the gym. Hitting on staff is a quicker way to need to change gyms. A guy who hits on regular gym members might need to change gyms every so often anyway or if he goes to a big box gym (24 Hour, LA Fitness, etc), change locations of that gym.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Why not? You don’t work there, so who cares? Realize though that you will probably the 74th guy who hit on her this month.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You gonna change gyms?

Now if you meet her out at the bar and she makes an effort to connect with you then that is neutral territory and you can shoot your shot. perhaps you can flirt lightly about places you like to hang out and "run into each other" out there but damn dude, the gym is a place of refuge.....
Why would he ask her out in front of other members? He can do it discretely while no one is watching.