Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's your acceptable wealth gap for dating?

Reaction score
So this is one I struggle with.... I make anywhere from $110k to 150k a year. For some guys here that's a lot of money, for some it's pathetic, and for the trolls it's a good opener to say bullshot you're a flipping bartender Darius!!!! I was a bartender and still do occasional private events... That aside....

I've dated women that run fortune 500 companies and women that were ****tail waitresses. I don't need a woman making 6 figures but I like to think 60 to 80 would be ideal minimum. It gets a little greyer as some women I dated making upwards of 200k a year were still broke or in debt!!!! I also give a little more leeway if they are younger as they still have time to develop and grow in their careers.

How do you guys feel about dating someone w significantly lower income?

Pretty sure we all have no issues dating babes that make more w no crazy debt.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
So this is one I struggle with.... I make anywhere from $110k to 150k a year. For some guys here that's a lot of money, for some it's pathetic, and for the trolls it's a good opener to say bullshot you're a flipping bartender Darius!!!! I was a bartender and still do occasional private events... That aside....

I've dated women that run fortune 500 companies and women that were ****tail waitresses. I don't need a woman making 6 figures but I like to think 60 to 80 would be ideal minimum. It gets a little greyer as some women I dated making upwards of 200k a year were still broke or in debt!!!! I also give a little more leeway if they are younger as they still have time to develop and grow in their careers.

How do you guys feel about dating someone w significantly lower income?

Pretty sure we all have no issues dating babes that make more w no crazy debt.
60 to 80k? Good luck down here with that in a woman. The public school teachers around here dont make near 60k a year and even many nurses here dont make 60k. One I went on a date with public hs teacher for 15 years here and makes only 48k a year.

Heck in my county if you want to make over 100k a year you're either a lawyer or in medical industry like pa or doctor. Very few women around here make that even with degrees. Many single ones with degrees work two jobs here.

Reaction score
60 to 80k? Good luck down here with that in a woman. The public school teachers around here dont make near 60k a year and even many nurses here dont make 60k. One I went on a date with public hs teacher for 15 years here and makes only 48k a year.

Heck in my county if you want to make over 100k a year you're either a lawyer or in medical industry like pa or doctor. Very few women around here make that even with degrees. Many single ones with degrees work two jobs here.
More grey area stuff I guess... If 48k is a good salary buys a house etc where you are located then more power to them.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
More grey area stuff I guess... If 48k is a good salary buys a house etc where you are located then more power to them.
Where are you located? I'm in florida where wages are dirt cheap. Most of Florida is getting expensive to live in yet the wages here are a joke which is why they can't find medical professionals and teachers and there are shortages. I just dont get why gov. And private business pay so low in fl.

Most single people down here in fl work two jobs. Even people with college degrees in their 40s here work waiter jobs at nights and such in order to afford housing. Its assanine if you ask me.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends. I personally like a woman who can hold her own and doesn't rely on me. So comes down to cost of living, etc.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My criteria is that they make enough to pay their bills and are self sufficient. That may be 30k or it may need to be more if they've got kids or live in an expensive area. You definitely don't want someone who sees you as an escape route for their impending financial insolvency. Its also a good idea to pay attention to how they spend their money. I've dated women who don't make that much with $1000 handbags that was a big red flag for me. I've also dated VPs of huge companies making big money who had the same handbag and it wasn't an issue at all. Context is important.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I make little money. I'm not in a position to support a dependent so any women I'm with will need to be able to support herself. Other than that I couldn't care less what she earns

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
My criteria is that they make enough to pay their bills and are self sufficient. That may be 30k or it may need to be more if they've got kids or live in an expensive area. You definitely don't want someone who sees you as an escape route for their impending financial insolvency. Its also a good idea to pay attention to how they spend their money. I've dated women who don't make that much with $1000 handbags that was a big red flag for me. I've also dated VPs of huge companies making big money who had the same handbag and it wasn't an issue at all. Context is important.
Handbags. Why do broads spend all that money on them? I have a vendor at the market who owns a business and a good one but cries about money and keeps thr shelves paltry because she doesn't have the money to order she claims. Yet she then bought a 2000 handbag while her business starves and spends 45k on a new car. Her business thrives when shelves are stocked yet she hardly orders and a lot of people walk away due to being out of stock on products and go to the nearby competitor that is always fully stocked.

Hal9000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Handbags. Why do broads spend all that money on them? I have a vendor at the market who owns a business and a good one but cries about money and keeps thr shelves paltry because she doesn't have the money to order she claims. Yet she then bought a 2000 handbag while her business starves and spends 45k on a new car. Her business thrives when shelves are stocked yet she hardly orders and a lot of people walk away due to being out of stock on products and go to the nearby competitor that is always fully stocked.
If I had a dollar for every minute I've spent having to hear about Louis Vuitton handbags I could definitely buy one of my own. Don't ask me to explain it because I've got no idea what the big deal is. I would guess it is kind of a status thing among females because no straight man gives a damn either way. Having said that, if a woman's making 200k+ a year and has one it doesn't bother me. But I've also gone out with women living, let's just say, an austere lifestyle otherwise who are prancing around with one and that means its time to run in the other direction because you aren't going to be able to coexist financially with someone who has those priorities.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same reason why I spend a ton of money modding my Harley, I suppose.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating? Their income is irrelevant. Their motivation is far more important.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My problem has always been the class gap more than the wage gap. My experience with women who grew up poor is that they end up with a certain mentality that just doesn't jive with mine, and I've tried not to care about it.

But for dating as a plate, I'm with Roober, it doesn't really matter.

I do want a woman who can support herself though because I refuse to be the provider since my last LTR. I've already been down the road of providing for someone while they went to school (aka blew money on a useless degree) and I was lucky that I backed out of buying a house at the last minute.