What's wrong?

perfectman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I putted off meeting girls a long time (about 9 months). Somewhere in those 9 months i sustained some minor head injury (fight) and i wasn't in school for that length of time. I lost a lot of socials skills and can't talk smooth to girls anymore, i blame it on the injury. Whenever I'm on the phone with the girl i get nervous. How can i get my game back to the way it was? I miss those days. :(

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
Give us a better explanation.

Has the head injury caused loss of motor/speech skills?

Has it resulted in any permanent deformity?

Or has it just bruised your ego?

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you blame it on the injury then you need to speek to a doctor about it. Most likely a brain-injury clinic.

perfectman

Don Juan
Reaction score
When they x-rayed my head in the hospital, the results were positive. No bleeding, no fractures, nothing. I had a few big bruises on my head but its gone now. A few days after, i noticed a loss in short term memory. Its hard to compare my memory before the incident to after it because the loss of memory after it won't let me remember how my memory "was" in the past.

I'm feeling that it might caused loss of speech skills, theres no deformity, i'm confused on where my ego stands. I'm not as happy as i was before. Now I always feel mellow, but i am trying to regain my social skills and try to find what went wrong after this incident.

The biggest concern is that i cannot express my humor/happiness as well and as often as before the incident.

Besides chatting up a couple girls right now, im keeping busy by playing basketball, building up my own business, playing games, staying up late, eating more, working-out. I hang-out with a few friends but they are more of a follower than a leader. So I'm hoping to find people like me and chill with. Its hard find good friends these days.

I'm chatting up a few girls but im at the point where they say "maybe" to a date, and in girl talk that means no. When they say they'll call me back, they don't.

I can blame it on the loss of memory, blame it on the lack of good friends, or blame it on something for nothing. But instead of doing that im seeking advice on how to get back to the man that i used to be, happy and full of life.

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You say you werent in school for the length of time that you were injured? Did you spend a lot of time at home? If you werent very social (or as social as you were when you were in school) for a few months, your social skills do deteriorate over time.

Also, did you get hit on the front part of your head?
The part of the brain that handles memory and speech is on the frontal lobe.

perfectman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I did spend a lot of time at home, but i did not get hit in the front part of the head. I got hit above the left side of my head.

Phone call ccenario:

Her: "i'd call you back"

What should i say? Should i say this?

Me: "Ok, bye"

or this?

Me: "iono if im available to pick up your call"

How do i stir interest?

perfectman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got hit above the left section of my brain and did spend a lot of time staying home.

Phone call scenario:

Her: "I'd call you back"

Me: "Ok, bye"

or

Me: "iono if i can pick up the phone later"

How do i tackle this situation to stir up interest since they usually don't call back when they say they will?