Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats up with the obsessive trend of getting big

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
-Gripz- said:
The gym is not at all a waist of time. To see a guy that's in really great shape is a rare site. I'm one of the guys that's in excellent shape; been bodybuilding naturally for 3 years now and have put on a ton of size in that time. If you have a set routine and manage your time as well as figure out alternative exercises; even if the gym is crowded you can still get a great workout in. Or rather work in with someone if you need to use the equipment.

Oh and I said it before and I'll say it again. Please train legs... do your squats, folks.
Hell no

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are there so many butthurt guys here? Don't stereotype gym goers. They are actually the coolest and nicest people you'd ever meet.

The real enemies are the whales and skinny try hard with an inferiority complex that bash other people.

Big guys are actually friendly, they just don't talk to people because they're keeping their focus.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Mike32ct said:
Gyms today are often overcrowded.

If you can work out at home, all the better.
totally am buying a power rack soon enough, but i love my gym. nothing like a good old dungeon atmosphere with some hardcore lifters.
also michele is right, that stereotype about "meat heads" being dumb, angry, mean etc needs to leave. its the skinny guys flexing in the mirror who think they're the ish who need to kill themselves.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well since you decided you wanted to be gay you dont have to worry about working out as hard, all you have to do is focus on abs and glutes

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i go to the gym late at night when there is the least amount of people, but even still there is usually a dedicated night crew thats always there. i wear sweatshirts and hoodies, i dont want to look at myself in the mirror. i usually spend a good hour or so vaporizing marijuana and thinking to myself or watching videos on youtube for motivation, its my way of preparing mentally for the workout ahead. when i get to the gym i totally in the zone. its been my place of refuge for many years now. ive been there just about every friday night for the past 10 years or so.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never was in to the jacked look. Makes guys look stiff and it to big and swollen. I prefer to be lean and slightly muscular medium sized arms....not like the rock....maybe more like Jacob from twilight hahahaha

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
Why are there so many butthurt guys here? Don't stereotype gym goers. They are actually the coolest and nicest people you'd ever meet.

The real enemies are the whales and skinny try hard with an inferiority complex that bash other people.

Big guys are actually friendly, they just don't talk to people because they're keeping their focus.
This.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit lifting after my days of football were over. Lifting became a job and that got old REAL fast. I'd still go to the gym some for a few years but I wasn't all in to it or anything. If I skipped a day or skipped a week it didn't bother me. Now I just do 3-4 sets of pushups to failure and do planks and call it a day.

Truth be told, I see more dudes that are fat or super skinny with hot chicks and the ones I see who live in the gym are always with average looking girls.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Ha! Yessir I got my Solo a few months back. Vaping and lifting is a beautiful thing. Absolutely love lifting heavy under the influence of my vape.
back when i watched American Beauty and saw Kevin Spacy smoking weed and lifting weights in his garage, i knew the two could be effectively combined, and i never looked back. i also like to vape before going to judo/jiu jitsu sessions, there is nothing like getting high and grappling many rounds to reggae music, you will temporarily forget about all your troubles while you are there. lifting late at night after work on friday nights is also a mental/spiritual thing, it helps me blow off steam after a long day of work. i refuse to look at myself in the gym though, and i dont want others seeing me and judging me because i know ill never reach whatever "ideal" is in my mind anyway, so i dont want to even deal with it, i cover myself up and get high so i can just lose myself in my thoughts.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other day this trainer approached me at the gym. He asked me what I was doing and I told him. He then went on to criticize the routine (trying to make money typical "trainer".) I told him straight up that I was not willing to put in the effort to get big. That shut him up quickly.

To get big I would have to tear my body to shreds and use steroids which I am not willing to do. I don't want to be in pain when I'm 50.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skinnyguy said:
The other day this trainer approached me at the gym. He asked me what I was doing and I told him. He then went on to criticize the routine (trying to make money typical "trainer".) I told him straight up that I was not willing to put in the effort to get big. That shut him up quickly.

To get big I would have to tear my body to shreds and use steroids which I am not willing to do. I don't want to be in pain when I'm 50.
Strong username to post content ratio.

GTFO with that stereotyping. There are decently big physiques that are attainable natty.

All you need is 1hr a day max, 4-5 days a week. And even less once you just want to maintain.

It's so easy, I don't know why most people don't do it. I don't even know why I didn't start earlier. I'm glad I do it now, as I've learned hard work in the gym transitions to hard work at work, and hard work in school. It taught me strong disciple, in many different facets of my life.

And surprisingly as it is, most of the people I meet, it's the ones that lift and have great gains that are more intelligent than the skinny people who spout trash and broscience.

Just shut up, lift, eat mostly clean and sleep. That's all you need to know. You don't need steroids, although there's nothing wrong with it when used, and not abused.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michele said:
All you need is 1hr a day max, 4-5 days a week. And even less once you just want to maintain.

even 1 hour per week is enough if you do it correctly.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strong haterade being sipped in this thread. I swear, too many threads on this forum go the route of trying to bring others down.

I for one am enjoying the fact that more and more men and women are getting into the gym and lifting. Keeps your body healthy, strong, attractive, etc. Especially as everyone gets older, its important to stay healthy and strong.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
foreverAFC said:
even 1 hour per week is enough if you do it correctly.
So completely and utterly wrong.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Strong haterade being sipped in this thread. I swear, too many threads on this forum go the route of trying to bring others down.

I for one am enjoying the fact that more and more men and women are getting into the gym and lifting. Keeps your body healthy, strong, attractive, etc. Especially as everyone gets older, its important to stay healthy and strong.
I made a promise I'll never have a gut or beer belly when I get older. What's worse than being a fat guy with a beer belly? A skinny fat guy with a beer belly.

Also, nothing better than super fit older woman, who look better than blubbery teenagers and 20-something year olds. My generation sucks. (I'm 24)

Purefilth said:
I can't even imagine going less than an hour a day, I feel weird if I have a quick workout.

But one hour a week?

Raging and irritable all week.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
foreverAFC said:
back when i watched American Beauty and saw Kevin Spacy smoking weed and lifting weights in his garage, i knew the two could be effectively combined
While that admittedly looks like fun, those scenes always bugged me. It seems like you wouldn't want to be filling your lungs with smoke while you were lifting, seems like it would compromise your respiratory function, you know? I've never vaporized anything though, so I can't speak to that.

Tomo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The negativity here speak of the gym as a whiny 5 year old. You don't go to the gym just for the building of muscle. Going to the gym builds a healthy mind. It's a release of stress. Weight lifting builds discipline and this can spill into other aspects of your life and provide so much more benefits.

I have hated the gym over the years especially after quitting playing football. Yet the more I look around, the guys with decent girls are those whom look after themselves - those who you can tell go to the gym. Furthermore over these years I kept thinking I was bulk and muscle even without the weight lifting. Little did I know after recovering from surgery and losing so much weight and being actually cut, I realised it was all fat and I only looked as good to myself as my ego and not how others would percieve me.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Purefilth said:

how is it wrong? i was lifting only on fridays and doing judo/jiu jitsu twice a week, and i still got gains from lifting once a week for an hour. you could say it was the judo/jiu jitsu sessions that also helped, but judo and jiu jitsu training alone doesnt really develop hypertrophy in muscles, especially if you have done it for years and your body is already used to it. most regular bodybuilding split routines are only hitting each muscle group once a week anyway, so if you do a full body workout once a week and hit everything at once its really not all that different. i dont look like a bodybuilder, but im noticeably in shape, enough that women notice. it quality not quantity.