Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats the speed limit in Australia?

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I assume highway = freeway?

100 Kph.

There are some between major cities that are 110 Kph, and then there's places that don't have a speed limit at all (ie, the Oodnadatta track, which is so secluded anyway).

Other major arterial roads are limited to 80Kph.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice answers..

the northern territory is completely bare of speed limits...
theres just a bunch of rocks/dirt and indigineous people (aboriginals) there.

in Melbourne and throughout Victoria (melbourne being the capitial of victoria) the speed limits do not exceed 110kphs. i assume this is the same for everywhere EXCEPT the northern territory.

in residential areas the speed limit is 50kph.
except where schools are, then they drop to 40kph (but thats only for 20-50 meters either side of the school.
major roads connecting each suburbs tend to be 80kmh (these are highways. traffic lights/round a bouts but still fast.)

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That seems pretty similar to California here. I assume any road there without a speed limit probably isn't paved? Like you couldn't ride a superbike there?

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In the Perth metropolitan area the highest speed limit is 100 kph. It's very low when you consider that in Europe they have speed limits of 130 kph+, but that's because the State Government are greedy and want to make money with their speed cameras (unlike in NSW where they have fixed cameras, here the government have portable multanovas and randomly hide them in places which catches people out and makes them a ****load of revenue).

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um just remember Australia uses the metric system. kph is kilometres per hour, which is different from miles per hour. I had an American friend who thought the 110 sign meant 110mph. Luckily I was driving then.