Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's it like to be in a LTR? *** SURVEY

AlmostThere!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. How long did the sex stay interesting?

2. Was it true for you that when you were in a relationship, other women became interested in you? Or is that a myth?

3. What was a bigger shock...going from little sex to a lot of sex OR a lot of sex to little sex (after a breakup)?

4. Did you ever hook up with an ex? Who initiated the encounter?

5. How did you meet the girl(s) with whom you had LTRs with?

6. It's said that when a girl has sex with a guy at least 3 times, she starts to become attached and seeks an exclusive relationship. All girls are different, but how many times did you have sex when dating your previous GF(s) that you went from dating to something serious?

7. Besides sex, what are the best aspects of having a female partner? What are the worst?

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. As long as you keep your relationship interesting, ie, keeping both of your interest levels high.

2. Its true, you exhude cool and alpha vibes.

3. A lot to a little, loss of sex and attention after a breakup is the thing that makes us needy and weak most.

4. Nothing worth mentioning.

5. Social circle game, number close at a party, first date a week later.

6. My current was a previous virgin, immediate hook when we did it 1st time. The spike in interest level and clinginess was extremely visible.

7. The guarentee of steady sex. The inability to conquer new lands :(

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Ease in that as long as you put the energy and creativity into it, it can stay interesting. Having said that, have you ever heard the expression "the seven year itch"? I think there is something to that, the novelty has likely worn off by that time, and then you have to put more into it to get more out of it.

2. Was it true for you that when you were in a relationship, other women became interested in you? Or is that a myth?
I think it's probably mostly true, but I'm not sure. Women have been interested in me since I've been in relationships, but who's to say they wouldn't have been interested in me if I were available? I think it's also somewhat balanced by women who are NOT interested in you because you're NOT available (you never hear about this, do you? But some women want a guy who's on the market, and if they know they can't have you, I think it CAN kill their interest).
I do get a vibe that some women are envious of my LTR (because she has a high quality man).

3. What was a bigger shock...going from little sex to a lot of sex OR a lot of sex to little sex (after a breakup)?
I don't know, little to a lot I guess. I can do without if I have to. I don't feel strongly about this either way.

No, I don't believe in hooking up with exes. Exes are exes for a reason. I don't look backwards, I look forward.

Social circle mostly. I don't mean a real close social circle, just people I was encountering casually, I'd meet a friend of a friend or whatever.

6. It's said that when a girl has sex with a guy at least 3 times, she starts to become attached and seeks an exclusive relationship. All girls are different, but how many times did you have sex when dating your previous GF(s) that you went from dating to something serious?
I honestly don't remember, but it IS true that women will become more emotionally involved with a guy after sleeping with them. On the other hand, if it's just a casual thing in their mind to begin with, like a one night stand or whatever, there doesn't seem to be the same effect. If they're open to the idea of a relationship with you, then the answer is probably once.

7. Besides sex, what are the best aspects of having a female partner? What are the worst?
It's great to have a partner to help get the dishes done, do yardwork, paint the walls, go shopping with, pick out furniture with, go places with, do things with. Just the companionship and having someone on your side to help you.

The only bad thing is that you can't go out and pick up new women.
And if you have the wrong partner, the arguing can be bad. And when I was married, I got the impression my wife got a delusional sense of ownership once the ring went on. That eventually contributed to the divorce.

Danton1975

Don Juan
Reaction score

4 and a half years and still very interesting.

It's been very true in my case. However, the desire to act on interested women just is not there.

It wasn't just the sex though that was great. As men we are like great Danes sometimes, large, sloppy, and rough. It's coming home and finding lit candles, your favorite drink on the folding table, soft music on the background, a note, a book. These are things I enjoy because I don't typically do them...and then going to a room with pink sheets, feather pens etc...her Victoria Secret underwear with "Let's do it for our country" inscribed in them...kinda gay right? But it's an escape...from OUR reality. Like going to a musical show. The thing I like most in a woman is her being feminine. I detest masculine, tomboy women...the more feminine she is the better.

Yes. It went very wrong. I sent her packing first because I had a roster of women and it was becoming a logistics nightmare. But then, just as she pulled out, my desire for her peaked. We met again, I fumbled because I was very nervous for some reason. She could sense it and pulled away even further.

Work.

True. It happened well before sex but increased dramatically after sex.

Steady, uninhibited sex. It's great for your ego. I am naturally funny so I like the aspect of talking to her like she is a little kid and making fun of her. Laughter...you laugh a lot. If the girl is intelligent, great feedback on a variety of topics. Being able to bounce ideas of her...share your thoughts. Acting silly...The worst aspect is they get clingy. You lack freedom because they want to be around you all the time. And you realize, your interests go beynd women. Then, there are the little annoyances...their dogs, their cats, the stream of messages, changing dresses 3 times before going out and asking for input...their little jealousies.

Proselytiser

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all right........ if u have a good time!
1. Right up until the end - about 2 and a half years
2. Not anymore than when I wasn't in a relationship
3. Neither
4. Yes, she did
5. University
6. I have no idea
7. With this girl, she was sweet, affectionate and put a lot of effort into me

Edit: and worst? She was annoying, smothering and had to be around me all the time. I guess with women good things are also bad things

Last edited:

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends really. If you've got an open-minded partner, it can stay interesting for quite some time. But like most things, a relationship requires constant effort on both sides to keep it fulfilling.

Yes and no. It has nothing to do with the actual relationship. It has to do with the way you carry yourself when you're in a relationship you're happy with. You're no longer looking for any kind of validation from anyone, so all your chumpy behavior goes away. So you inadvertently adopt the "I don't give a fück" attitude that you were aiming for when you were single, and women become attracted to that.

Whenever I've been in a relationship in the past that I wasn't completely happy with and I was sort of subconsciously "still looking" (typically back in my AFC days), I noticed that women still treated me the same way they did when I was single. Because I didn't realize that since I wasn't feeling fulfilled in my relationship, I was still emanating that chumpy behavior on some level.

I'm not sure that either was necessarily a shock, but it was definitely a less pleasant adjustment going from a lot to none overnight. Before I discovered this community anyway.

I slept with an ex once that I had dumped. Didn't help things very much. Made her much angrier at me when I walked away again. I don't recommend this.

The first one, during my super AFC days, I met on the internet. But we stayed together for quite awhile. A couple of years. The other two I met at work.

I'm not sure really. I never really pay much attention to what point things cross over from "single" to "dating" to "relationship." They just kind of seem to naturally progress to me. But in all of my LTRs, I slept with them the first night and it just kind of naturally unfolded from there.

Solid companionship is definitely one of the best things. It's like that female best friend you had during your AFC days but rather than listening to her bìtch about all of her problems, you're having sex with her instead. Emotional support and understanding are also great things girlfriends contribute. And if you've got one that shares some of your interests, it's even better.

The drawbacks are that, like all women, they can be silly and overly emotional at times and drive you nuts. They can also be prone to nagging. Periodically, you will likely need some kind of break from them just to re-center yourself.

Not only that but if she's happy with your relationship and you're not, and you decide you want to walk away, you'll see a lot of very intelligent, sane women turn into raving psychotic lunatics overnight. You think it won't happen to the one you're with because she seems too mature for that. But if she's in love and you want to leave, she'll do an about face REAL quick.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes and no. It has nothing to do with the actual relationship. It has to do with the way you carry yourself when you're in a relationship you're happy with. You're no longer looking for any kind of validation from anyone, so all your chumpy behavior goes away. So you inadvertently adopt the "I don't give a fück" attitude that you were aiming for when you were single, and women become attracted to that.
I think you've hit the nail on the head with this. I know I've attracted women while in a relationship and I was very surprised when it happened because it was THE farthest thing from my mind. It's similar to the "when you stop looking, you find her" phenomenon. When you're not trying, you're just being yourself, and not stressing over anything.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

It's still interesting. It's been 2 years.
***EDIT: It's varied from relationship to relationship though, and usually I just end it if the sex is boring.

It's not that they became more interested, it's more that my girlfriend casually tells me about other girls explicitly wanting me.
She's told stories about mutual friends who told her straight-up they'd love to have sex with me, and she's told me about many other girls that wanted to confirm that we were dating, cause otherwise they were interested in "moving in on me." It's a pretty big ego boost, I'll be honest. I have a LARGE field of prospects if we ever break up.

Also, on the more "how it affects my game" side, I'm definitely more natural now, and I think it will carry over if/when we split. My game is BETTER now that I go to a party and just flirt around for the hell of it. And I enjoy it more. And I know how to follow it up for when I'm single. I have a feeling I'll be doing very well if I ever decide to leave.

So yes, in sum 2 things here: I get to be "in the know" and I game better. And it's become a natural thing. Solid deal.

I don't think this really applies to me too much.

Never have, don't really plan on it.

Friend for a while usually. But NEVER close friend. Friend that I buddy around with when I see them, but not someone I go out of my way to chill with. Somewhere between acquaintance and friend. We could say "acquaintance with lots of rapport" maybe?

All of my girlfriends have started as friends that I'm fvcking. So, much more than 3 times before we're dating. I'd say like usually 10-20ish?

Well imagine your best friend, but there for you even more, even when it's kind of irrational that they need to be there. It's that basic desire for human contact, openness, emotional closeness and physical closeness we all want sometimes... Not saying every girlfriend has been that for me, but a couple have. And that's great. Worst? I'm a very singular guy, and I still like to lone wolf it for extended periods. I don't like it when I'm prettymuch doing my own thing for a week and I'm getting texts asking what I'm up to. I think some single guys underappreciate that -- sometimes it's nice to just have a day not having anyone even try to get in touch with you.

In Motion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AlmostThere! said:

1. It was the only thing that stayed interesting throughout our relationship, haha

2. Yes definitely, I was even seduced once when I was in my latest LTR

3. Neither was really a big shock, you start to miss the daily sex after a week or so though, so then its time to go out and get some more.

4. Yes, I'm in the process of doing it now, we both sort of initiated it.

5. Summer vacation, we were on the same trip, white sandy beaches, azure water and beer, need I say more?

6. Haha, oh wow, exactly after the third time we had sex she asked me if I wanted to be exclusive.

7. Im going to mention sex anyways because its just that good, but laughing together and sharing special moments are pretty sweet. Worst? Constant fighting and disagreements, getting annoyed by EVERYTHING she thought and did, and when she refused to have sex.

Tom Stall

Don Juan
Reaction score

The sex never gets boring, its always good. 2-3 a week is good, any more and it sometimes gets boring

I think that's true, you just don't care, you have better confidence, and exude a better vibe. Although sometimes when a women hears you have a LTR, then you're instantly discounted from their minds, unless you make some moves on them (not obvious moves), but stuff like a bit of KINO and flirting

N/A for me

N/A

Work, uni

My first it started before any sex, back in my AFC days
This new one, as soon as our feelings became open and we kissed, she completely let loose and was all over me, hugging and putting her head on my shoulder when we slept. We havn't had sex yet, but when we do, i expect this clingy behaviour to get more pronounced. But I don't mind clingy girls anyway

Its great to have a companion/partner. And I don't mean like a dog, a person you can feel completely comfortable with in any situation. You can do anything and enjoy yourself, have good talks with (this is especially important to me, so i need somebody on the same intelligence level). Its good to laugh together, support each other, hear about their problems, bjtch about you own problems. Somebody you feel a deep connection to.

If these feelings, to me, go out of a LTR, I have to re-consider why I'm with that person. Probably for the sex

Worst. They can nag, bjtch, get emotional, things they do might annoy you, they don't do things the way you think is best, or you're just with the wrong person and you plain don't get along, or just bored when you're with them.

My Speil: I'm the type of guy who doesn't crave or need sex, but i do need social companionship. I need a more emtional/intelectual partner who will stimulate me and stimulate my feelings. So I'm not the type of guy who has STR's and ONS's, but they are nice from time to time, just to have sex with new girls. But i prefer being happy in LTR's; and i think that should be the ultimate goal for all you guys. I'm in a LTR where I'm not happy, and I'm not sure what to do, i know i should break it off, but she's a keeper, I'm just not that happy.

thecurtainfalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AlmostThere! said:

Depends on the relationship. For my last (and most major) relationship, I would say it stayed interesting for about 75% of the 3 year relationship.

I found this to be very true. Damn universe. It has to do with social proof, but also with something else that we may never understand, lol. And of course once you're out of the relationship, all these opportunities usually have dried up.

Definitely no sex to lots of sex. When the relationship is over, you're just kind of like... oh yeah. Back to imposed vagina exile.

I never have, I usually like to cut ties with my exes.

Always through a "friend of a friend" kind of thing. Or school.

I'd say about 20 times or so.

Best: companionship, having someone to cook for you, being able to squeeze ass/tits to your heart's content, peers respect you more/invite you to things that involve couples etc, lots of sex, feeling of security and having someone to consistently confide in and be intimate with.

Worst: they get *****y, sometimes it feels like it's not worth it, it's a huge time and money sink, you have to deal with relationship drama, if the girl is hot enough I would sometimes have jealousy issues, and breaking up (at least from my last relationship) was incredibly emotionally scarring for me.

Mid3Way

Reaction score

Until she gained quite a lot of weight and stopped caring about her appearance.
Quite true. They will ask you incessantly about the gf is they know about her and you naturally exude an aloofness that catches their attention.

A lot to a little.

No.

All through friends except one at a dance party (lasted 2.5 years).

Several times.

Best: fun to tickle, cooks good meals, chirpy, cheerful empath.
Worst: her friends. Occasional (or frequent) bizarre emotional swings.

Commandante

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AlmostThere! said:
What's it like to be in a LTR? *** SURVEY
No offense guys, but the most of us are here because

a) don´t know at all how a pvssy smells
b) never had a the same pvssy longer than 6 months
c) had a the same pvssy longer than 6 months but lost it / got bored of it

And there is a little minority, who succeded maintaining a good LTR on the long term (like Rollo Tomassi). Asking anybody else a question like this is the same like asking a blind about the colour of the sky... totally useless.

LinkinParkROX

Don Juan
Reaction score
AlmostThere! said:

1. Kinda 50-50. It's perfect so long as neither party gets clingy.
2. Definitely true. Other FFs start getting mad at you for absolutely the littlest reasons. Pretty funny to watch.
3. It was pretty shocking to have the girl be hornier than me. I've had to say no to sex at times.
4. Yes. She did.
5. At a mall.
6. Pretty much 3.
7. "Female partner"? As opposed to a... male partner? Hahaha. The pros, besides sex are the regular AFC reasons. The snuggling and the little inside jokes and all that hoohaa. The cons, are "you're not a good enough listener", "where is this relationship going?", "we don't talk as much as we used to". You get the picture.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Commandante said:

And there is a little minority, who succeded maintaining a good LTR on the long term (like Rollo Tomassi). Asking anybody else a question like this is the same like asking a blind about the colour of the sky... totally useless.
Just because you are, doesnt mean we are.

Sounds like im in the wrong forum, i thought this was a place to discuss girls and sex obtaining issues.

Not a gathering of chodes.

There are chodes, but they will learn and grow into beautiful butterflies like the rest of us alpha dogs.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
never had a the same pvssy longer than 6 months
Seven years for me right now.

Amazing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
funny to see the same things come up over and over again.

how do you guys deal with her always wanting to be around and suffocating you?

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing said:

Hobbies... Interests outside the house.. ACtually stay busy, don't fake it.

I play on three soccer teams, run a second business, marketing, promotions, music, you name it, keep yourself focussed on your goals and dreams.

thecurtainfalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Commandante said:

You're a little misguided there buddy. Way to generalize from self.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amazing said:

The one I'm with now gets it. I set a precedent pretty early on -- I'm in college, in a very difficult program, and I also have lots of other friends. If I'm studying I just won't pick up the phone. If I'm not in the mood to hang I just won't. Girl I'm with now is also very independent. Others I've moved on from (or, a couple of times I've been broken up with because I'm not around 24/7) -- the ones that want to be around you all the time also seem to be boring.