Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's it like to be in a fight?

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
been in quite a few fights, i also train muay thai, mma and jiu jitsu. Ya, i like to fight, but NOT on the street. In a ring or cage, one on one, it s a totally different story.

But i m guessing you re talking about street fights... Here s my thoughts:
-the build-up is never obvious at first. In all fights that i ve been that turned out really bad, there wasn't much talking/confrontation involved. Someone just punched someone else in the face and then everybody jumps in.
- you feel a strong adrenaline rush, you start breathing heavy, and you either start throwing fists at pple or you run away. If you get too scared you will run away, hasn't happened to me but seen plenty of guys who "had my back" back out instead
- if you don't get knocked out right away (hasn't happened to me either) a real fight involving a bunch of guys will seem like it s going on FOREVER. Even though you might be at it for a few mins max (usually 2-3), it will seem like hours.
- NUMBERS matter! if your boys are outnumbered, you will get double-teamed or worst and, unless you re jet li, you will eat some nasty punches you didn't even see coming

one last thing i want to get across: WALK AWAY! I ve been guilty of not doing this myself, however if i m not intoxicated i will do it. I don't care if you re with your girl, unless you have to defend her, just get the fvck out of there, it s not worth it. In the past year I ve seen 2 pple getting there head stomped on the pavement, 5 of my boys getting there faces cut off bad and another of my boys going on trial for assault with a deadly weapon. do you wanna be stuck in any of these situations?

Bloke

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonafide said:
I never get into fights, never really have either maybe when I was younger I got into one, but now... its if ANYBODY PERIOD, wants to fight me... they better kill me, otherwise im going to kill them... and im so serious. I don't know whats wrong with me but, if anybody dares to fight me im gonna kill em.. cuz im def not gonna start a fight with anybody for any reason, I just dont see anything worth fighting physically for... not even a female.
Meow.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've always found that most guys will back down if they know you're bulling for a fight. So you don't need to throw a punch to win. :yes:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
i also train muay thai, mma and jiu jitsu. Ya, i like to fight, but NOT on the street. In a ring or cage, one on one, it s a totally different story.

Me too, and I agree. Anyone who thinks they want to fight should train mma and get into the cage. That's the only way to know how well you fight - to do it.

BoredDude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm threatened about every weekend (No lie), but I think it's just because these guys are trying to impress the girls I'm talking with.

Trinitron

Banned
Reaction score
Fighting on the street is just like one angry blur, most fights degenerate into scrapping (as we call it in England) almost immediately. It's like just struggling and hitting someone as much as you can, trying to force them to run or fall over. There's not really alot to say, be as aggressive and violent as you can possibly be towards your opponent, aim for the face; lower ribs, solar plexus, nose, soft parts around the lower abdomen, don't have any mercy, it's gonna be bloody so you might aswell win.
Don't fight man, it's not cool. Most of the girls I know think it is really lame, diffusing the situation is much better. But don't be a coward, you're more likly to get into fights and be beaten up if you're a coward.

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
ive never ever been in a real fight before(maybe cause where i live the criminality level is so low you almost dont even hear about thieves and that kinda stuff)however ive been in like 3-4 one on ones.
like everyone said you get an adrenaline rush then u enter the 3F stage(fight, flight or freeze).
if youre used to fighting even as a sport u can probably win in most situations just cause youre used to it.i saw a drunken guy taking down 3 guys last friday in a bar.he does muai thay.

anyway dont fight if u can avoid fighting.its not cool and u always lose something even if its just time(wich by itself is already precious)

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
BoredDude said:
I'm threatened about every weekend (No lie), but I think it's just because these guys are trying to impress the girls I'm talking with.
Guys trying to start fights with you because you are with hot girls?

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got into a fair share of fights during my high school years, not by choice though. There are always people who will try to physically intimidate you and see how far they can push you, best to stay away from those people, but if it goes too far you have no choice but to fight back. If you dont try to defend yourself you'll most certainly be on the ground getting kicked in the head.

And you really dont feel a thing during a fight,you can feel the impact but no pain. Only few minutes afterwards you start to notices how your jaw hurts, that bump on your head gets painful and your knuckles swell up.

Reaction score
Bloke said:
Hahaha, that was funny!!

Only fight to defend yourself!! Most bullies are losers and frustrated with their lives - they have low self esteem - they want to bring you down to their level!

stuka1939

Banned
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Hahaha, that was funny!!

Only fight to defend yourself!! Most bullies are losers and frustrated with their lives - they have low self esteem - they want to bring you down to their level!
AMEN to that!!! You are 110% correct!!

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You feel like total crap afterwards.

Like people said before, you don't feel sh1t during the fight.

One time I was so jacked up on adrenaline after I fought this kid at my school, when it finally died down I started crying in a ton of pain.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never been in a fight. Almost. I just got scared to be honest. Didn't know what to do but I didn't get it. Got punched in the head once ages ago, that hurt. I don't go looking for them and avoid them at all costs because that's who I am, and I don't think I could win.

Basically in a general fight (1 on 1) does the guy with more experiance usually win? Or the bigger stronger guy?

mongolboy

Don Juan
Reaction score
baby fightin is one of the best feelings you could " IF YOU GOOD AT IT " im goin 2 to the olympics in for kickboxing but anways LOL some people are meant for it other people are not... IF you not strong then you aint gonna like it but if you like the challenge and if you like knocin people out then u gonna love it ... IN my country baby we would get into fights erry day and get knockd out cuz thas how the life here is... i would go out with my bro and rob other kids and make livin :p much different than how life is now.. ufeel? i much preffer this life and much rather get paid to fight than into some mindless brawl with some dum azz motha fucas who could kill you my friend got killed last year...

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just get the fvck out of there, it s not worth it
Best advice in this thread. This especially goes for fights with people you don't know. You'd be suprised how many people have knives on them these days. You don't know if your opponent has a black belt in karate. You don't know how many friends he has with him. Street fights or bar fights will be nasty. People get killed in fights like these. Heads get stomped on, faces get irreversaly damaged (you think you still think it's worth it if you have scars in your face or tooth missing years later when you're 30?). It's not pretty and ceirtanly not cool. Chicks don't like guys fighting either.

If you can't avoid it, strike as hard and as nasty ss you can and THEN get the f*ck outta there before his buddies show up. You have an ashtray or a bottle within reach? Break it on your attackers face, or kick him in the balls with all your force. There are no rules. Just eliminate your oponent as fast as possible before he can hurt you. Of course, he will try the same, which is scary.

But still, put it in a list:
1. You don't know these people
2. You're probably drunk so you'll be a sorry-a.ss fighter anyway
3. It's probably about nothing important because you're both probably drunk
4. Even if the guy grabbed your girlfriend's boob, it's not worth the risk of being stabbed to death or beaten into the hospital, just walk away
5. The guy who gave you a reason to be p*ssed probably did this because he WANTS to fight you
6. I don't know about you, but i'd only want to fight people if i knew i could win. Be it because of my fighting skills or being with more people.
7. F*ck those guys. You are better then this. If you're intelligent enough you can talk yourself out of fights and still come out on top. It happened to me at least three times. Everyone thought the guy who wanted to fight me so desperately was an idiot. Kinda like him being the AFC who wanted me and me the HB who didn't care enough to fight him.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
7. F*ck those guys. You are better then this. If you're intelligent enough you can talk yourself out of fights and still come out on top. It happened to me at least three times. Everyone thought the guy who wanted to fight me so desperately was an idiot. Kinda like him being the AFC who wanted me and me the HB who didn't care enough to fight him.
Exactly, great post snowdog. Unless you are being attacked...if you CHOOSE to fight someone, you are telling them they are worth the possibility of body damage to yourself, jail time, the list goes on.

Someone has to earn the right to fight you...because you give everything you've got in a fight..everything.

The punk insulting you at the bar, nope..the guy hitting on your girl...nah. Be a man and talk your way out.

The guy that attacks you in the back alley, yeah maybe. If you fight, it's to protect your life, or the life of a loved one, and you give everything you've got for that.

If you have to fight, it should be for your life, and then, unleash hell.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have to fight, it should be for your life, and then, unleash hell
This is all you really should consider.

The first step is any altercation, or probability of an altercation is DE Escalation.
You should have enough knowledge , skill, and confidence to talk down the situation, and try to not resort to physical violence when possible.
There are methods on how to do this.
Done right, and you can walk away with a suitable outcome, done wrong and you will acutally encourage the escalation and aggravate the situation.

With enough training under your belt and enough expereince of what you can and cannot do, and the potential for your death and incapacitation, you will finally ingrain truth into your head, and stop all this needless mental masturbation going on here.

You should consider the decsion to fight under the frame of you will only fight for something you are willing to die for.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interceptor said:
With enough training under your belt and enough expereince of what you can and cannot do, and the potential for your death and incapacitation, you will finally ingrain truth into your head, and stop all this needless mental masturbation going on here.

You should consider the decsion to fight under the frame of you will only fight for something you are willing to die for.
Well said Interceptor. That's the thing, people will always "mentally masturbate" to things they haven't experienced, I guess fighting is one of them.

There always seems to be a fighting thread on here. Not MMA, or a sport, but a street fighting thread.

I'll tell ya, I've been in a fight where I was actually fighting for my life. I hope, it never happens again.

Here's the best way I can describe it. At the time, it's an adrenalin dump...time speeds up, then slows down. You get tunnel vision, you get so focused around you, all you see is the threat. Whatever the threat is, will seem massive. The guy will seem to be 8 feet tall..

A 10 second 'fight' feels like 20 minutes have pasted, yet it seems fast as well. You don't 'feel' the hits, you just register damage. You know something was hurt. You also know, if you stop, it's the end. That's what keeps you going.

And if/when you stand up at the end, all you can think about, is that you are still alive. Then the pain comes, your whole body feels it's been run over by a truck and your are shaking, from the adrenaline dump and the damage you've received, ie shock to your whole system.

In reality, 99.9% of fights can be easily avoided. It's just not worth it, unless you, or a loved one's, life is on the line.

Interceptor had a great post on analyzing the threat, systemically and logically.

Street fighting is no joke. It doesn't make us better men, but weaker men.